Review Good bad ugly vs Port Adelaide R8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The doublespeak from Kern... :drunk: :drunk:

"yeah I made a mistake"

"It was clear and obvious... I seen it with my own eyes... He was good to play"

"I let Connor down letting him play"

"But Connor said he was 100% right to play... I seen all the things I needed to see""
This is hilarious.

1.png

Smith halved some important contests including a would be mark in their forward line. Whether it was Curtin going off or not I thought Smith did some good defensive work

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
no worries Brodie

Again, this goes to the same pattern of behaviour from Ken. How many times have players come off after being knocked clean out, only to come on 5 minutes later after outright ignoring the concussion protocol? That was Ken all day long. Probably instructed the medical staff that unless a player is stretched unconscious from the ground, do not do a concussion test. Why would it be any different for other injuries?

Rubbish. How did they know what stage of the game he was needed?

What if we were 40 points up? Or 20 points down?

Its a rubbish pre-planned get Brodie on with no care for the game or the moment

Boggles the mind some people defend this

Even beyond that, if Smith has back issues, wouldn't another full week off be more beneficial for him, than 30 pointless minutes of effort and contest?

But...But.... Nevva Teear us appart! :drunk::drunk:
Every year for the past few, I always get sucked into the Port bandwagon and flag favorites discussion, they never fail to entertain me when they always in the end get torn apart.

Port fans have hope and thats beautiful.

1.png

Matt Crouch is a better player than Rory Laird, and I'll shout it till the cows come home. We would have won the Essendon game if Crouch played I have no doubt, he's the midfielder who does the dirty work and has the best hands.

I'm sick of the Crouch slander he's an important player for us.

Crouch is 10x the midfielder Laird is.

Laird is an excellent back pocket who had a purple patch as a midfielder despite his obvious limitations, and we refuse to acknowledge that.

The fact they played Roozee shows more about how worried they were about this game than anything. Maybe we just aren't as bad as some posters on here would have you believe...
Port's logic was flawed in regards to Rozee. Should have rested him and then been flat track bullies in two weeks time against North and Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't surprise me if their Doctor ie Dr Nick did clear Rozee to play, but it is better for his professional reputation that Ken and Rozee take the fall.

Was Rozee put as "Test" on the injury list?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rozee would have known his hammy was cooked after training on Tuesday when he most likely couldnt do anything after it, much like after HT last night.

It was selfish reasons he wanted to play.

Wouldn't surprise me if their Doctor ie Dr Nick did clear Rozee to play, but it is better for his professional reputation that Ken and Rozee take the fall.

Was Rozee put as "Test" on the injury list?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

season 4 GIF

Crouch is 10x the midfielder Laird is.

Laird is an excellent back pocket who had a purple patch as a midfielder despite his obvious limitations, and we refuse to acknowledge that.

They are different types. Crouch is a contested ball winner where as Laird is the outside / loose ball distributer. Two different players. Laird is still a good Mid. just can't have him being your headline act. Which is what Nicks had. Which speaks more about Nicks ability to understand his players than Laird.

McHenry did well in the 1st half. 2nd half made some bad decisions and exposed his decision making.

I wouldn't say he was good, but was far from shite. The problem with being a whipping boy, is you are looking for when they stuff up but miss the contribution.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's good ol neddy for you. Incapable of a net positive game.

Rozee would have known his hammy was cooked after training on Tuesday when he most likely couldnt do anything after it, much like after HT last night.

It was selfish reasons he wanted to play.
Any word on Georgiadis and Marshall. Jones is an out as well.PA is going to be light on against Geelong.

Well that's most probably true, however Gollant is 22 and hasn't reached his celling.

Out of Berg, Burgess and Gollant I think Gollant is the best option from a development point of view.
The issue I have with Gollant is that Welsh looks a better prospect.

I dunno, Nicks absolutely out coached Kenny yesterday.....
I respect your opinion and have the luxury of being able to watch the afl.com replay tonight in my NSW Motel.
My reaction to last night's game is that the boys won in spite of Nicks' defensive chip-chip instructions.

When they took the game on, ran hard, overlapped and moved the ball quickly they looked great, which is not a part of Nicks' playbook (hence our 0-4 start).

I'll look for obvious Coaching moves/set-ups etc which back your claim.

Edit: this poster is of the same opinion as GameofSloanes above:
It's 3 times in a row Hinkley has been out-coached, for all the Nicks haters there's no way else to look at it. Cut off the middle of the ground, forced long balls into the F50 which we ate up, and the chances they did get were far out or on the boundary. We showed that we didn't need to cut off F50 entires, we needed to cut off the quality going I50.
I'll definitely look for those things when I watch the replay.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back