• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• James Borlase

• Reilly O'Brien

• Mark Keane

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm actually more pissed off about Sloane's selection and them waiting half a game to sub him out. They gave him another year too. The club just doesn't actually understand how to be successful. They are absolutely covered in loser stench.
This is me. I want to be angrier about the incompetent end to the game, but I was already ******* furious by Sloane larping as a functioning AFL player while Pedlar got to eat s**t waiting on the bench.

To all those Crouch haters (including the coach staff), this one selection may have cost us our season. Fancy having a midfielder of his ability playing sanfl. He’s always been able to play an important part in the midfield. I honestly believe he was hard done by, and when he requests a trade at years end, i hope we do it with a big apology.m. But anyway we can’t change it, but it’s truly head scratching
We've gone 2-3 with him in the side.

It wouldn't have been any different if Sam Berry or Luke Pedlar was played in the middle.

Shattered after that loss. No way we should have even been in the game after the first 3 quarters, but to play that well and come back in the last quarter, only to lose by a clear incorrect decision is hard to take.

The fact that they didn't use the review makes it even worse. They have technology in place to avoid errors like this but they don't even use it. What a joke.

It was one of the Crows' finest "again" games:
--- underperforming Sloane preferred over promising junior, again.
--- lethargic, uncompetitive, started poorly, again.
--- missed several very gettable shots for goal, again.
--- RoB unable to mark (overhead or on chest), unable to tap to mids, again.
--- close loss to a team that wanted to win more, again.

My hope for the 2023 Season crushed (about 6-8 times this year), again.

In such an even competition, with all the effort that's put in just to get a winning edge, there's no way any supporter should be accepting of the BS umpiring. The goal at the end was a disgrace but there was a heap of field umpiring stuff that was a disgrace as well, robbed there too.

Apart from that it was a lot of the usual suspects
Bad tactics or bad implementation of the tactics by the players in slippery conditions. Pretty sure we are 2 and 5 in slippery conditions this year.
A run of scoring in a row of over 3 goals by the oppo that we werent able to break.
A lot of ball getting over the back of aerial contests.
Some bad basic mistakes, out on the fulls, not tapping boundary side and instead tapping inboard in an open syd forward line when under pressure, not conceding a point with a tonne of pressure on etc.

I can forgive those missed goals at the end with heavy legs and a heap of scoreboard pressure. There was an array of good goal kickers that did it. Much more forgiveable than the crap that led to the run of goals that caused the scoreboard pressure.

Not so bothered with selection either. Get the gameplan /tactics right and selection plays little part.

Good things
We won!
Great hard fought comeback when they couldve easily fallen away.
Considering the experience of the backline I can't really fault them.
Milera, Smith, Murphy, McAdam, Lairdy all having good games. Soligo got into it as the game went on.

Other
ROB had a stinker.
Rachele -did some terrible, did some supreme.
AFL costing us the game, then we think, great, we'll get a good mid at the draft, then the AFL gift three early picks to kangaroos and we miss out.

To all those Crouch haters (including the coaching staff), this one selection may have cost us our season. Fancy having a midfielder of his ability playing sanfl. He’s always been able to play an important part in the midfield. I honestly believe he was hard done by, and when he requests a trade at years end, i hope we do it with a big apology.m. But anyway we can’t change it, but it’s truly head scratching
Love Crouch. But nah. No one watching him in the SANFL was think he was demanding to be picked. For the first half was still doing a lot of backwards handpassing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fxxk me..

I thought it hit the padding..

it went nowhere near the padding and thats a clear goal..

didnt go anywhere near hitting the post..

wow… sucks to be nicksy..

oh well. Maybe.. We wouldnt have been in that position in the first place if nicksy and his deadset moron selectors hadve picked pedlar over Slowne..
You can change your Avatar to that time he kicked a point :D

Fwiw, I think the Umps' AFL fix was in from the start, but close to the end of the third 1/4 word came out to swing it back (Swans 32 points up, job done fellas).
I'm serious.
I rarely complain about Umpiring but we were reamed in the first half; so many obvious Sydney throws and htb called 'play on'.

The arc isn’t available because the swans player hits the padding the same time the ball goes past.
All goals are reviewed, not points. Close calls like that should be though even if it means holding the game up for a few seconds.
No need to hold up the game. Do what FIFA does with offside decisions - let the play continue(so in this case Swans kick it in) & if ARC decide it's a goal immediately inform central umps, game stops, goal umpire instructed to reverse their decision & ball goes back to centre. Another gripe - many of that goal umpire's peers would have called for a review so why didn't that numpty given the circumstances alone. 1 min to go for two teams virtually playing an elimination final - & all the umpires knew that was the case, so surely caution should have been taken.

Back