Review Good/Bad vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:
Captain Dawsome
Sholl - has gone from an okay kick to a very good one this year, deserves credit
Crouch - smart handballing, as always
Fogarty - worked his butt off
Jones - him and Sholl were a nice pairing today
Nank - moments of brilliance
Keane - slow start but ended really well
Berry - super sub, full game next week
Smith - decision making was better today

Bad:
Laird - okay maybe bad is harsh, but geez his impact is at zero right now, he had 10 clearances but I can’t think of one effective one
Michalanney - I didn’t think this was one of his best games? Made a few too many errors for my liking. That said, bad is again harsh
West Coast away from home in general

???:
Soligo subbing - I’m gonna assume Soli went up the coaches and said ‘I’m cooked’, I can’t think of any other explanation
Would be the pre-planned sub like it is every time with Soligo.

Would be the pre-planned sub like it is every time with Soligo.
You think subbing Soligo was pre-planned? Based on what? It's completely different from every other sub decision we've made this year. We've not subbed out an inside mid at any point unless injured, let alone at half time.

Got it .....made-up

Yeah thats just dumb mate. Do better. If you come onto an anonymous forum demanding facts and evidence based discussion where clearly there is going to be literally none, then you have seriously lost the plot.

'got it made up' has to be one of the single dumbest ways you've ever tried to defend a stance. At least have an opinion.

You think subbing Soligo was pre-planned? Based on what? It's completely different from every other sub decision we've made this year. We've not subbed out an inside mid at any point unless injured, let alone at half time.

Don’t think it was preplanned as such unless we were like 10 goals up, which we were.

I've been Butts harshest critic ....however IMO the last 2 weeks Butts has shown a sureness & confidence to attack the ball & contest ...something I thought beyond him

Good hands, seems to be playing his best footy, finally .....gee, he's a big boy now, a lot bigger than last year ????

where is your evidence to back up your earlier opinion of Butts. He could have been doing exactly what the defensive coaches wanted him to do. Basically you just formed an opinion based on nothing more than your observations. Funny how you are allowed to post an opinion but everyone else needs factual evidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows did what they had to do.

West Coast were so abysmal the game was over 20 minutes into the first quarter.

We even switched off for a bit but even then West Coast couldn't get anything going.

They were completely flogged by Collingwood 2 weeks ago and by GWS and Port earlier in the year. If they played like last week there would have been a contest, but the witches hat version showed up
“Did what they had to do” is more like winning by 30-40 points.
When you win by 100, it’s a good win. Considering they won against the Dees just last week.

You can dismiss it as “opposition was piss weak”, but could it be they were shit tonight cos we played really well? And dare I say it, coaching tactics worked well tonight?

Good post, but about this:
???:
Soligo subbing - I’m gonna assume Soli went up the coaches and said ‘I’m cooked’, I can’t think of any other explanation
It's kinda obvious, isn't it? :confusedv1: ... player management.
We were 61 points up at half time and Soligo's been busting his gut (effectively) for weeks.
Hawthorn away next (after they've played 2 good games) --- I dislike Nicks as much as the next bloke, but subbing Soligo will keep him fresh for that game.
In fact, managing Soligo is one of the few good look-ahead things Nicks has done; credit where due.

where is your evidence to back up your earlier opinion of Butts. He could have been doing exactly what the defensive coaches wanted him to do. Basically you just formed an opinion based on nothing more than your observations. Funny how you are allowed to post an opinion but everyone else needs factual evidence.
You may have noticed, I prefaced my comments with IMO ......now you're being childish

How a player plays, confidently, or making basic mistakes ....has nothing to do with his line coaches instructions

Don’t think it was preplanned as such unless we were like 10 goals up, which we were.
Yeah possibly, though I don't know how much gameplanning goes into something like 'if we are 10 goals up at half-time we will do X'. I think they just saw the game was basically over and decided to use the sub to rest a key player instead of to strengthen the team on the field.

Absolutely no way that was something they were going to do regardless of game state.

Good:
Captain Dawsome
Sholl - has gone from an okay kick to a very good one this year, deserves credit
Crouch - smart handballing, as always
Fogarty - worked his butt off
Jones - him and Sholl were a nice pairing today
Nank - moments of brilliance
Keane - slow start but ended really well
Berry - super sub, full game next week
Smith - decision making was better today

Bad:
Laird - okay maybe bad is harsh, but geez his impact is at zero right now, he had 10 clearances but I can’t think of one effective one
Michalanney - I didn’t think this was one of his best games? Made a few too many errors for my liking. That said, bad is again harsh
West Coast away from home in general

???:
Bad re Laird is not only harsh it's wrong. He may not have been brilliant but bad he most certainly was not.

31 Disposals, 17 kicks 14 handballs, game high 13 contested @ 80.6 DE%, game high 10 clearances (game high 6 Centre clearances), game high 8 i50's, 8 score involvements, 484 metres gained, 4 tackles, 70% T.O.G.

“Did what they had to do” is more like winning by 30-40 points.
When you win by 100, it’s a good win. Considering they won against the Dees just last week.

You can dismiss it as “opposition was piss weak”, but could it be they were shit tonight cos we played really well? And dare I say it, coaching tactics worked well tonight?

All true. But they really were sloppy. They weren't running, there was no pressure. If they were switched on and had 'come to play' as they say, they would have really pressured us at the contest.

You may have noticed, I prefaced my comments with IMO ......now you're being childish

How a player plays, confidently, or making basic mistakes ....has nothing to do with his line coaches instructions

You demanded evidence with my thoughts on Tex. that was being childish.

Edit: Wayne laughing is debating 101 when you have nothing to defend yourself with. You try the tactic of laughing to shrug it off. Take note people. This is great.

Yeah possibly, though I don't know how much gameplanning goes into something like 'if we are 10 goals up at half-time we will do X'. I think they just saw the game was basically over and decided to use the sub to rest a key player instead of to strengthen the team on the field.

Absolutely no way that was something they were going to do regardless of game state.
The hint might have been Schoenberg was selected and Berry sub?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back