Review Good/Bad vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Borlase in particular looked quite at home. Positions himself well. Doesn’t try and play betting his capabilities

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The guy is like a slightly taller poor man’s version of Jake Kelly, sure he might get the occasional intercept or one-on-one win but he is a total handbrake in defence, it’s ridiculous they played him alongside Butts the 2 can not co-exist back there, he is severely limited in the what role he can play and his lack of athleticism sticks out like a sore thumb. The fact the guy was trailing behind a decrepit Jack Darling a lot of the time in the game says it all.

The guy is like a slightly taller poor man’s version of Jake Kelly, sure he might get the occasional intercept or one-on-one win but he is a total handbrake in defence, it’s ridiculous they played him alongside Butts the 2 can not co-exist back there, he is severely limited in the what role he can play and his lack of athleticism sticks out like a sore thumb. The fact the guy was trailing behind a decrepit Jack Darling a lot of the time in the game says it all.
Harsh, for a depth player he hasn't embarassed himself at all, your expectations for a depth player are unrealistic.

He's perfectly fine for a depth player.

I don't understand the people who can only manage to post negative things in the game thread for a game like that.

They would have been annoyed if we lost. They were annoyed when we won by 99.

Why bother even watching? Do something better with your Sunday afternoon.

I don't think people are overly negative just not overly positive either. It was just one those games you can't really take much from apart from a win.

I thought West Coast lifted a bit after quarter time. They applied more pressure when we played them in the preseason than they did in the first quarter today.

Yep. Teammate post game said he'd been gassed for a couple of weeks. Not surprised with the transition into our #1 mid
Thanks.

This is actually good player management when game is won.

From the eagles board:

"Man we are so good at making subpar players look like superstars. Scholl, Jones, Burgess, Fogarty are all duds but did whatever they wanted today."

Not sure I'd call fogarty a dud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the eagles board:

"Man we are so good at making subpar players look like superstars. Scholl, Jones, Burgess, Fogarty are all duds but did whatever they wanted today."

Not sure I'd call fogarty a dud.
1 is a dud.
2 are role players and if in the hands of a good coach, could be a key cog in a good team.
1 is good with the potential to be great

Good

Only saw/heard bits and pieces of the game.

Saw Fogs goal, it was nice.

Not subbing Sholl off.

Bad

Certain posters trying to convince you this game means something, and we should be happy beating a bottom 2 side.

It is a classic downhill skiing Nicks performance. Once the heat gets turned up we will fold as we have done throughout his reign.

Onto next week, no highlights at training please.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good

Only saw/heard bits and pieces of the game.

Saw Fogs goal, it was nice.

Not subbing Sholl off.

Bad

Certain posters trying to convince you this game means something, and we should be happy beating a bottom 2 side.

It is a classic downhill skiing Nicks performance. Once the heat gets turned up we will fold as we have done throughout his reign.

Onto next week, no highlights at training please.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Once the heat gets turned up we will fold? All our lost has been shit slow ball movement were we can't kick a winning score and eventually turnover the ball and get scored against, we've been strong in contest as this is how Nicks built his game and why he like the likes of McHenry and Murphy.

I can't see why you'd call Fog a dud.

Mind you, i thought tonight was one of his better games and probably the first to show why the Crows have shown the faith.

His ball use once it hits the ground is fantastic for a KPF. Hopefully this is the start of a dominant period
I can see why an opposition supporter who didn't watch him much might think Fog was a dud. He's had a lot of quiet games over the years where you might rarely see him with the ball at all if those are the only Crows games you watch. When he has his hands on the ball it's obvious where the upside lies - was fantastic today.

Having said that he's always been pretty good against West Coast.

Good: No passengers, a healthy win and percentage booster. Yeah we have a draw in our favour, but so do three other teams (Brisbane, Essendon, Fremantle) so we really needed this and more.

Dawson was awesome. BOG for mine.

The first half we only played one of Laird and Crouch in the middle, not both - and that's where we smashed them. Dawson, Rachelle, Schoenberg, Soligo (and then Berry) were more than capable. It's the little bit more speed and aggression we've been begging for for weeks.

Easily Jones best game of the year. Prior to this he never seemed to really show any of the form before his injury last year, especially his kicking accuracy - hopefully this return to form continues the rest of the season.

Cook's last quarter chase down resulting in the turnover leading to Rachelle's final goal may not have been noticed by many, but should have. He's got the skill, he's now busting his gut without the ball. We must persist with him!

No bad or ugly nominations for me this week.

One other good - his colours may have been lowered today, but geez, you know Harley Reid is already going to be something else. If you love football, you just have to respect great talent, and I couldn't help thinking of a certain line from the beginning of the movie "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".

Lost today kid.jpg

Don't get me wrong, it's not season defining

But how can you not be happy at a 99 point win when you had a good spread of players doing well.

We could have battled it out for a 12 point win, but we didn't.

its good to win by 99 points.

Harsh, for a depth player he hasn't embarassed himself at all, your expectations for a depth player are unrealistic.

He's perfectly fine for a depth player.
In fact I reckon I can only think of one game he's been clearly beaten but can't remember who it was against. Reckon he's mostly held his own admirably and against some monsters as well. Really good depth player developing into a decent player.

With Butts and Keane both playing well could there be a chance of Murray forward and relieving ruck? Would give our forward line a different look and he's a better ruck than H or B.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Murray would be awesome leaping marking up forward he's no stranger to it and took 2 huge marks when there for a quarter in his early games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back