Review Good/Bad vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

What do posters make of Cook?

skills seem sublime, laconic style player which won't be everyones cup of tea but seems to have something there.
Ignored a lot today, his running patterns and effort has been a lot better the last 2 weeks, he burnt off an opponent and got flat out ignored a few times from the usual ‘senior’ suspects who were looking to either play it safe with short disposals or went for goal themselves.

Just doesn't waste the ball.

We need to persist & help him get more of the ball as we will be a better side for it.
Certainly seems to have a fantastic game sense.

Set up a goal in not sure many of our players would have seen, didn't blaze away which is great.

Give me someone who doesn’t panic with good skills and can kick goals.
At times he was the only one in the square, people need to stop looking at his disposal count.
We’ve got enough honest triers.
Seems to have a very relaxed style.

It will be interesting to see how his goal kicking average holds up over his career

Ignored a lot today, his running patterns and effort has been a lot better the last 2 weeks, he burnt off an opponent and got flat out ignored a few times from the usual ‘senior’ suspects who were looking to either play it safe with short disposals or went for goal themselves.
I noticed blokes like him and Shoey definitely looked keen to keep the ball moving.

Importantly seems like he can execute though, not all players can do that.

I can't believe that some posters are negative after winning by 99 points! Nicksy isn't the saviour but some of you are questioning Soligo decision as if it was fatal. Yeah it stuffed up my multi but, ffs, priorities!

I like Schoenberg. His round face makes him look like an old school footballer! He has a footy IQ from today's display.

Disappointed with Raschele. I was so hoping he would stand up but he may be destined to be a Should have been. Another poster mentioned an insightful point about his lack of awareness akin to soccer on a rectangular field. Yeah, Josh gets caught out regularly, surprisingly for a skilful player. Naicos he ain't.

Have faith, Croms! Next week will be a cracker against the equally attack minded Hawks! I might even make a day trip to Melbourne!

Forgot to mention Butts’ job on Waterman (5 touches, 1 goal, worst game of the year)

Apart from a couple of small decision making errors, we might be back to 21-22 Butts
He had a brilliant pickup, dodge, and pass inside 50 to... Tex, I think it was, endish of Q1.

I noticed blokes like him and Shoey definitely looked keen to keep the ball moving.

Importantly seems like he can execute though, not all players can do that.
There seems to be a bit of not being on the same page as others around him which certainly doesn’t help him when it comes to staying involved more in play

What was with Keays repeating the exact same idiotic snap on goal attempt that lost the Collingwood game?

Obviously it had no impact on the result this time, but it still missed and he still burned team mates. Surely he was talked to in match review about this exact thing

What was with Keays repeating the exact same idiotic snap on goal attempt that lost the Collingwood game?

Obviously it had no impact on the result this time, but it still missed and he still burned team mates. Surely he was talked to in match review about this exact thing

Learning from your mistakes is for draftees.

Yep had my head in my hands when he done that, heard Rowey say on radio he reckons he doesn’t do it because he’s selfish he does it because his vision as a footballer is really poor and he can’t see all the other options… I don’t know about

Yep had my head in my hands when he done that, heard Rowey say on radio he reckons he doesn’t do it because he’s selfish he does it because his vision as a footballer is really poor and he can’t see all the other options… I don’t know about

Everyone's vision is poor when they refuse to stare at anything but the sun

bad : me going to a wine market Saturday night and loving the delightful reds, so much so i was excited and bought 12 - looked at the eftpos machine $500 - but push through make out your the powerball winner

sad: trying to recoup wine purchase by putting on ridiculous multis

ugly: having crazy legs of multis win but then supercoach takes off soligo -- why why why

dumb: hitting the roulette table with the refunded multi purchase x3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can see what is going through his head when he's involved in play, and there's certainly no ability for him to stop and think. I think his internal monologue is just him screaming "GOOOOOOOOOO BEEEEEEENNNNNYYYYYY"

1 is a dud.
2 are role players and if in the hands of a good coach, could be a key cog in a good team.
1 is good with the potential to be great
Those two role players will never be key cogs in a good team. Get real. They are clogging our list and the sooner they are forced out, the better.

bad : me going to a wine market Saturday night and loving the delightful reds, so much so i was excited and bought 12 - looked at the eftpos machine $500 - but push through make out your the powerball winner

sad: trying to recoup wine purchase by putting on ridiculous multis

ugly: having crazy legs of multis win but then supercoach takes off soligo -- why why why

dumb: hitting the roulette table with the refunded multi purchase x3
Are you me?

Got it .....made-up

Serious For Real GIF by The First Team

What do posters make of Cook?

skills seem sublime, laconic style player which won't be everyones cup of tea but seems to have something there.
Positives: An excellent kick, superb decision making, great game sense impressive composure.
Big negative: Drifts out of games too easily.

His general pressure has improved markedly across the last couple of months. We just need to get the ball in his hands more. If we could get him up to that 15-18 disposals per game mark, that'd be ideal.

I'm glad he's getting a proper string of games now - that needs to continue until the end of the year.

Sholl 34 disp, 9 marks and a goal. I didn't see the game and he didn't seem to get mentioned in the game day thread. Surely a good performance from him?
Its West coast at their worse... So it doesn't really count ... When he has this sort of game against real opposition then he might change a few minds ...

Good: harley will be there best player in the comp within a few years if he gets some decent team mates.

Bad: he has that fend off in the neck free pass that dusty has and the umpires never call it.

Keays also got caught on the wing in a handball chain in two minds and nearly stuffed it up but got bailed out by a lack of West Coast pressure.

He has a good sense to get to the places where he gets the ball and he has a great tank but once he has the ball his skills and decision making let him down. I don't think we will see him in our next flag side (granted that's probably because he will have been retired for a long time but still)

Our last 7 weeks have been far, far better and more indicative of where we truly sit. (Won by 2, lost by 3, won by 57, won by 30, drew, lost by 4 and won by 99) But for the inexplicable first four rounds of dire, defensive bullshit, we would very likely be in the 8.

Can’t take anything out of that game? I say you can. Could have ground out a solid six goal win… but chose to hammer home the advantage this week. Improved our % by 10! Fog gaining in confidence every week. Schoenberg looks to have gained composure. Nankervis should never be dropped again. Dawson is a very, very good player and a deserving captain. Even liked Murphs game. Bloody courageous player. Cook is now being played in the correct position and is consistently providing options. Berry had a cracker half. Would have liked them to give Curtin a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back