Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i was young, something like this would not even register on my grumpy scale, but as I have gotten older, little things like this seem to grind my gears.

anyway, I enjoy reading the quiz in the paper to test my knowledge and also increase my knowledge. so here I am doing a quiz in the paper (I like to read the question and then look at the answer to see how close or how far off I was) when I came to this question. In which Australian state is Kings Canyon? The answer, Northern Territory. Ummm can you tell me when the Northern Territory became a state? How hard is it to get the answer to actually be correct to the question? I hope the editor of the paper was happy, as that question put me right off my game and he was responsible for my 4 out of 10 (well that's I am saying).

I need to make myself feel good again so I am off to buy a new rocking chair.

when i was young, something like this would not even register on my grumpy scale, but as I have gotten older, little things like this seem to grind my gears.

anyway, I enjoy reading the quiz in the paper to test my knowledge and also increase my knowledge. so here I am doing a quiz in the paper (I like to read the question and then look at the answer to see how close or how far off I was) when I came to this question. In which Australian state is Kings Canyon? The answer, Northern Territory. Ummm can you tell me when the Northern Territory became a state? How hard is it to get the answer to actually be correct to the question? I hope the editor of the paper was happy, as that question put me right off my game and he was responsible for my 4 out of 10 (well that's I am saying).

I need to make myself feel good again so I am off to buy a new rocking chair.
Maybe they meant it was in an "untidy state", or in a "state of erosion" :-D Grammar pedantics will ease you into the life of Grampa Simpson :) Welcome to the age of salinity, oops, I mean senility. You'll get the hang of it. I saw a woman advertise a "boiler" on the facebook the other day. You and I would call it a kettle 🙃

Who here remembers the Recession if the early 1990’s?

Wat tips and advice would you give to those who have never lived through one?

Asking my elder father:

“Don’t vote labour”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't this movie scene the definition of "grumpy"?
View attachment 884739

We had gas mains work done in our street a couple of weeks ago and our nature strips (we’re on a corner) resembled The Somme before they did their repair work. I’ve spent the past two weeks like Clint to ward off lawn seed eating pigeons and wayward exercise walkers from making tracks in the dirt/mud and seed. It’s become an obsession between homeschooling and work tasks while working from home.

We had gas mains work done in our street a couple of weeks ago and our nature strips (we’re on a corner) resembled The Somme before they did their repair work. I’ve spent the past two weeks like Clint to ward off lawn seed eating pigeons and wayward exercise walkers from making tracks in the dirt/mud and seed. It’s become an obsession between homeschooling and work tasks while working from home.
1590969789597.png
over 100 years later it still looks like it did in 1916.

I'd ask how anyone could be a "wayward exercise walker", but I've had multiple friends with their new fandangled live-streaming cctv of their front yards show me videos of all sorts of examples. The best was a drunk/stoned guy (at approximately noon, mind you) getting the wobbles and breaking a letter box!

PS: New fandangled live-streaming cctv of front yards sometimes make me grumpy... but sometimes make me laugh.

I'd ask how anyone could be a "wayward exercise walker", but I've had multiple friends with their new fandangled live-streaming cctv of their front yards show me videos of all sorts of examples. The best was a drunk/stoned guy (at approximately noon, mind you) getting the wobbles and breaking a letter box!

PS: New fandangled live-streaming cctv of front yards sometimes make me grumpy... but sometimes make me laugh.

Maybe TT lives in this neighborhood?

I'd ask how anyone could be a "wayward exercise walker", but I've had multiple friends with their new fandangled live-streaming cctv of their front yards show me videos of all sorts of examples.

Often kids, sometimes on bikes, but also three older people walking three abreast with one stomping his way along the mud and seed. I almost throttled one yesterday. F$&@!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back