Hamill Gone!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that I really want to turn this into a Judd thread, but Hamill highlights why it is very dangerous to sign players for 5 years............this and paying too much are my only concern with the possible Judd deal.

As for Hamill, I believe he was entitled ta ask for a bigger contract and because of our own bloody mindedness we lost what was half of a very good forward line combination with Red.
I still enjoyed watching him play and its sad to see then end for him prematurely.

Campo was stuborn, as he didn't get the money or years at the Dons that he demanded from us, that he left us over.
Sad that he played a milestone game in front of people who didn't really care - another sad end.:(

Not that I really want to turn this into a Judd thread, but Hamill highlights why it is very dangerous to sign players for 5 years............this and paying too much are my only concern with the possible Judd deal.

As for Hamill, I believe he was entitled ta ask for a bigger contract and because of our own bloody mindedness we lost what was half of a very good forward line combination with Red.
I still enjoyed watching him play and its sad to see then end for him prematurely.

Campo was stuborn, as he didn't get the money or years at the Dons that he demanded from us, that he left us over.
Sad that he played a milestone game in front of people who didn't really care - another sad end.:(

Imagine having Hamill during those bad years. Top player, for us and saints but I can't forgive him still, I know I know.

Sad for both - but you don't leave Carlton and live happily! :D

All it highlights is St Kilda stupidity. I couldn't believe it when I heard he'd been signed for 5 years for big dollars when it was clear even then that his body was collapsing around him.

Judd is 24. In five years he'll be 29 with a number of years ahead of him. It's a good deal.

All it highlights is St Kilda stupidity. I couldn't believe it when I heard he'd been signed for 5 years for big dollars when it was clear even then that his body was collapsing around him.

Judd is 24. In five years he'll be 29 with a number of years ahead of him. It's a good deal.
I have no doubt we will do it, but 5 years is a long time in footy, that's all.

In two years time when he has played 5 games int wo years people might well look back and say it was abvious his hip was no good and we were crazy........then again if he wins the Brownlow next year (16 votes to round 11 last night before injury :eek:) and takes us to the finals the year after we will be laughing.........hindsight is wonderful.;)

If campo was man enough to publicly admit that at the end of the day it was a bad lapse in judgement that he left and went to the bombers, AND he said he wanted to come back, come on down campo.

Hamill would be welcome around the club as well.

When players have played for two clubs, and at the end of their careers stand up and say, yeah, the blues were the best I regret leaving it is a great sign for our club and speaks volumes for the kids. Don't leave.

Well I'm the odd one out not harbouring massive amounts of bitterness to players who've left the club apart from Stephen Spit O'reilly.

Are you all still dark on Jesaulenko? Massie? Troy Bond? Chris Bryan? Murphy? Allan?

I mean they all left for whatever reason, some for money, some to get a game, some coz they were no longer useful to the Blues....

I know its a competitive environment and all that and give nothing away, but I loved Hamill and Camporeale for the Blues and was sad to see them go. To be honest, I don't resent them holding out for better deals....looking after their families and what they perceive to be their best interests.

....All things being equal, they probably would have wanted to stay if they could.

I work for money..if someone offered me more with same/similar/ or better conditions I would consider going.

Shame for both of them...

Loved watching Hamill in the Carlton jumper... always wondered what we would have been like over the bad years if he had of stayed.

Campo... loved watching him as well... turncoat little w***er going to the bummers has put me off him for life.

Doesnt Campo have a couple of boys who can play for us under the F/S?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont want either back at the club thank you. Ever. Camporeale, Hamill and Collins are three names from our club's history this century I would like to erase.
Yet I'm sure you'll hold Kernahan in high regard, despite his fingerprints all over the problems we have had in the past 6 years.............:cool:

Tell me what he's done to be forgiven for, other than being a scapegoat?
In the very least he has been a passive bystander watching from a position of power the continued trainwreck from the past three administrations.............but we both know he has had much more to do with things than that.

Not trying to Demonise him, just saying that he seems to get away with a lot while we lay everything at the feet of those that are easy targets.

In the very least he has been a passive bystander watching from a position of power the continued trainwreck from the past three administrations.............but we both know he has had much more to do with things than that.

Not trying to Demonise him, just saying that he seems to get away with a lot while we lay everything at the feet of those that are easy targets.

And what exactly was he supposed to do? He was on the board and he tried to help each administration as best he could. He wasn't making the financial decisions that got us into this mess, or offered the contracts that took us over the salary cap. He isn't a financial wiz-kid, that's not his fault and its not his role on the board.

And what exactly was he supposed to do? He was on the board and he tried to help each administration as best he could. He wasn't making the financial decisions that got us into this mess, or offered the contracts that took us over the salary cap. He isn't a financial wiz-kid, that's not his fault and its not his role on the board.
Right, of course. So he is just one man and couldn't do anything about the decisions that were being made, yet we all ASSUME Collo was running a dictatorship and is the devil for what we alledge he did to this club...............therein lies my point.

Right, of course. So he is just one man and couldn't do anything about the decisions that were being made, yet we all ASSUME Collo was running a dictatorship and is the devil for what we alledge he did to this club...............therein lies my point.

The difference is that Collo was the President. Kernahan was and still is Vice-President but really that's a meaningless position.

And unlike others I don't have anything against Collo, except for the fact that he was unable to improve the clubs fortunes in any way, shape or form.

It's amazing how quickly people can sink the boots into someone with a high profile like Kernahan, but not mention the wonderful CEO's we've had like Malouf, Hanly and Guerreri(?).

Those three *******s were more of a problem than Kernahan ever could be, why aren't they held accountable on here?

The difference is that Collo was the President. Kernahan was and still is Vice-President but really that's a meaningless position.

And unlike others I don't have anything against Collo, except for the fact that he was unable to improve the clubs fortunes in any way, shape or form.
So does the president have more votes in board decisions?

It's amazing how quickly people can sink the boots into someone with a high profile like Kernahan
way to miss the point j-ham.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back