Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the sort of stuff imo that might pull him back to Victoria good grab, not a very good game & win or lose thy just constantly talk about him. the footy bubble is worst in WA than Victoria.

This is the sort of stuff imo that might pull him back to Victoria good grab, not a very good game & win or lose thy just constantly talk about him. the footy bubble is worst in WA than Victoria.

There has never been anything like the coverage he gets. At one point it became obvious they were just doing it for clickbait and it was even mildly amusing but the longer it goes on for the more kind of weird and creepy it gets.

yOgAsC6i_400x400.jpg

Is this not the smuggest looking w***er you've ever seen?

My god, imagine growing up wanting to be a journalist and this is how you end up. Should be a cautionary tale told to all first year Uni students in O week.

There has never been anything like the coverage he gets. At one point it became obvious they were just doing it for clickbait and it was even mildly amusing but the longer it goes on for the more kind of weird and creepy it gets.

They have to put something on the back page, as it states, it was the only highlight from our game and the dockers game was the day before.

You can have the hero shot of Harley's grab or some s**t talk headline about your mob being unable to kick a goal to save themselves?

There's a lot of carryon about the WA media and Harley...have you all forgotten the coverage he got for the 2nd half of last season from all the AFL media?

I really dont know what people expect here? Do you really think it would be LESS if he'd ended up drafted by Collingwood?

If the kid goes on to be a 'generational talent' and decides to go home, do you really think he's going to get less coverage?

There's plenty of reasons he may choose to go back to Vic, I'm not sure for the peace and quiet out of the media spotlight will be one of them...

FWIW

Not to split hairs but his desire to play for Collingwood was not based on joining that football club per se but simply on a situational interest in joining them as they were the #1 team at the time.

IIRC his answer regarding who he’d most like to play for was something along the lines of “Either Geelong, because I barracked for them, or Collingwood, because they just won the GF.”
Not quite. Actually, very wrong.

Probably another one was, ‘If you could choose whatever club you'd want to go, what three and why?’, that was a tough one,” Reid said.

“I said Collingwood, because of the atmosphere and the fans they bring.

“Then I said the Geelong Cats because obviously I've supported them my whole life.

“Then my third was the club I was in with (laughs)! It was a very smart play.”

Of course you would include the club you supported. That would normally be your 1st choice.

But this kid wants more than that.

Anyway, it’s only a dream. He is a West Coast player and they are in the box seat to have him play 250+ games for them.

Not quite. Actually, very wrong.

Probably another one was, ‘If you could choose whatever club you'd want to go, what three and why?’, that was a tough one,” Reid said.

“I said Collingwood, because of the atmosphere and the fans they bring.

“Then I said the Geelong Cats because obviously I've supported them my whole life.

“Then my third was the club I was in with (laughs)! It was a very smart play.”

Of course you would include the club you supported. That would normally be your 1st choice.

But this kid wants more than that.

Anyway, it’s only a dream. He is a West Coast player and they are in the box seat to have him play 250+ games for them.

Oops. My bad. Sorry.

However I did qualify it with an “IIRC” FWIW.

Just a thought -

Could it not be argued that “because of the atmosphere” would mean that he is talking about the status of Collingwood in November 2023 and that involved them being the most recent premiers? Thus he wants to be with the #1 team at that moment and the kickass atmosphere that would inevitably exist there?

Do we really believe he would have named Collingwood as his preferred destination if they had been on a five year run of bottom four finishes? I would think his perception of “the atmosphere” to be found at Collingwood in such circumstances would be a little less positive.

Oops. My bad. Sorry.

However I did qualify it with an “IIRC” FWIW.

Just a thought -

Could it not be argued that “because of the atmosphere” would mean that he is talking about the status of Collingwood in November 2023 and that involved them being the most recent premiers? Thus he wants to be with the #1 team at that moment and the kickass atmosphere that would inevitably exist there?

Do we really believe he would have named Collingwood as his preferred destination if they had been on a five year run of bottom four finishes? I would think his perception of “the atmosphere” to be found at Collingwood in such circumstances would be a little less positive.
You seem like that guy everybody tries to get away from at parties.

Meanwhile, hosts on Vic media shows are saying he's 'unfit' and doesn't work hard enough :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yOgAsC6i_400x400.jpg

Is this not the smuggest looking w***er you've ever seen?

My god, imagine growing up wanting to be a journalist and this is how you end up. Should be a cautionary tale told to all first year Uni students in O week.
A face doesn't get much more punchable than that, maybe cornes or mcClure but it's close.

He contributed as much as he normally does.

Kelly had 19 possession and Ginbey had 19 and Reid had 17 possession.

I'd go as far as saying Harley reid was our best midfielder on the day

The idea that this game was a dunk on Harley is laughable. Wrong game clowns

He contributed as much as he normally does.

Kelly had 19 possession and Ginbey had 19 and Reid had 17 possession.

I'd go as far as saying Harley reid was our best midfielder on the day

The idea that this game was a dunk on Harley is laughable. Wrong game clowns
Yeah he played pretty well. But I get the feeling he's been drinking his own bathwater. Thinks he's maybe more advanced than he really is. Got pinged holding the ball twice and could have had a couple more. Assumes no one cantackle him. Wrongly. Also tried to through his weight around with late bumps and push and shove on Cox, Pendlebury and others. Just looked a bit of a goose doing that. They just laughed at him.

Yeah he played pretty well. But I get the feeling he's been drinking his own bathwater. Thinks he's maybe more advanced than he really is. Got pinged holding the ball twice and could have had a couple more. Assumes no one cantackle him. Wrongly. Also tried to through his weight around with late bumps and push and shove on Cox, Pendlebury and others. Just looked a bit of a goose doing that. They just laughed at him.
He's always played like that. Taking the game on is hardly drinking your own bathwater, especially when he's very good at breaking tackles.

Look i guess he could play of half back and not have a physical contest in the entirety of his first year, but that's never been his style and he's big and strong enough to play the way he does. Yes he'll be caught and won't be prime Dusty this year, just like Dusty wasn't prime Dusty in his first few years.

EDIT
point is yesterday he wasn't that good at breaking them. He thinks he can break them all. He can't, obviously.

We aren't going to play finals. Why would we want him to be conservative. Try it all. Test your limits. It will pay off in the future.

Last edited:
Look i guess he could play of half back and not have a physical contest in the entirety of his first year, but that's never been his style and he's big and strong wenough to play the way he does. Yes he'll be caught and won't be prime Dusty this year, just like Dusty wasn't prime Dusty in his first few years.

EDIT

We aren't going to play finals. Why would we want him to be conservative. Try it all. Test your limits. It will pay off in the future.
That's true. Unfortunately, I expect it will be for a Vic club - probably Essendon. It has Ollie Henry written all over it. Of course he's a lot better than Henry but it reeks of a club that he has a connection to him telling him they'll get him back asap which is what Geelong did.

That's true. Unfortunately, I expect it will be for a Vic club - probably Essendon. It has Ollie Henry written all over it.
Unless he's going home to play for Tongala, I highly doubt he'll be going to play for a Vic club any time soon.

Stop huffing the Vic media copium.

That's true. Unfortunately, I expect it will be for a Vic club - probably Essendon. It has Ollie Henry written all over it. Of course he's a lot better than Henry but it reeks of a club that he has a connection to him telling him they'll get him back asap which is what Geelong did.
Why do people think West Coast has suddenly become Gold Coast, bleeding players back to Victoria? Has happened all of once. West Coast is a bigger club than Essendon, he got drafted by the bottom club (as all No.1 picks do) and is playing in front of 50,000 people screaming on everything he does.

point is yesterday he wasn't that good at breaking them. He thinks he can break them all. He can't, obviously.

Throughout his whole career including early on, Dustin Martin was doing the fend off's and don't argues. He wasn't called out for drinking in his own bathwater. Why should Harley Reid be as well? It's his own style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back