Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Were they $80 mil worth of pastries bought off of LNP mates?
Maybe.

Do you think Dutton is cancelling these morning teas because of the subject matter , or do public servant in general not work harder enough and have a culture of complaicancy.

I personally think , being payed by tax payers, they need to have a better culture of work ethic.
Not sure what to read into that one

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe.

Do you think Dutton is cancelling these morning teas because of the subject matter , or do public servant in general not work harder enough and have a culture of complaicancy.

I personally think , being payed by tax payers, they need to have a better culture of work ethic.
Not sure what to read into that one

Have you seen what an Australian MP's meal allowance is? That buys a shitload of lunch, if you're really concerned about culture and work ethic, I wouldn't be worrying myself much with public servants and a rainbow flag cake at morning tea.

Have you seen what an Australian MP's meal allowance is? That buys a shitload of lunch, if you're really concerned about culture and work ethic, I wouldn't be worrying myself much with public servants and a rainbow flag cake at morning tea.
They're all tax payer thieves and get paid way too much, now and in retirement.
They should be earning their keep.

They're all tax payer thieves and get paid way too much, now and in retirement.
They should be earning their keep.

Lol. I worked far harder when I was in the public service. Often didn’t see daylight except from my office window. in one three month stretch I worked 8am to 11pm 6 nights every week just to hit an idiotic deadline set by Kevin Rudd And Wayne swan.

private sector life is so much softer and I get paid 4 times as much now to do far less work.

Lol. I worked far harder when I was in the public service. Often didn’t see daylight except from my office window. in one three month stretch I worked 8am to 11pm 6 nights every week just to hit an idiotic deadline set by Kevin Rudd And Wayne swan.

private sector life is so much softer and I get paid 4 times as much now to do far less work.

Yep have had a similar experience worked for 10 years as a public servant now in private sector.

Bit of a stereotype to say the public service do not work hard.

I've been cancelled from all Trump or Biden related threads. My crime? Trying to bring about a little joy in this cold world.

Trying to bring a little joy into your world maybe.

I'm not sure pretending Jan 6 was a MAGA love-in where anything that went wrong was everyone else's fault does a whole lot for the broader community :tearsofjoy:

What ever seeds.
Public servants have zero accountability and near impossible to sack.

Yep have had a similar experience worked for 10 years as a public servant now in private sector.

Bit of a stereotype to say the public service do not work hard.

True, but stereotypes are often a thing for a reason, there is a correlation there. And even if you do overtime you get time in lieu as well right?

Trying to bring a little joy into your world maybe.

I'm not sure pretending Jan 6 was a MAGA love-in where anything that went wrong was everyone else's fault does a whole lot for the broader community :tearsofjoy:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Trump still the favourite by far to win the 2024 primaries. I know it's still early days, but the general public largely aren't bothered by Jan 6 clearly. We all make mistakes.

True, but stereotypes are often a thing for a reason, there is a correlation there. And even if you do overtime you get time in lieu as well right?
I worked for a local council for 6 months. Most of it was collecting $40 an hour to stand next to a shovel talking s**t while waiting for a truck that never arrived. Gov jobs are awesome, but it's totally wrong and corrupt.

That's true.
What were they doing up until that project which had a dead line.

I've had opportunities to do business with departments that are government run
I refuse them.
I just know from past experience it's going to be a head *

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What ever seeds.
Public servants have zero accountability and near impossible to sack.

Sorry if my actual experience doesnt fit with your guesses.

Public servants are motivated by promotion and contribution. And they all earn far less in the public system then what they can get privately for equivalent work.

Define accountability?

When covid hit it was all the public doctors and nurses that took the risk to treat covid patients. Private doctors said f*** you and refused to treat. Who was accountable?

When public servants f*** up their f*** ups make it to the media and they can be called to senate hearings where they face jail if they screw those hearings up. Is that not accountable?

Not so sure the GOP has much resemblance to the general public these days.
They got him over the line once m8. If the current admin don't impress, who knows what'll happen.
And they all earn far less in the public system then what they can get privately for equivalent work.
Certainly not the case with blue collar work. "Danger money!" "Unions!"

Look up what the blokes at the useless Wonthaggi desal plant are getting paid.

Last edited:
They got him over the line once m8. If the current admin don't impress, who knows what'll happen.

Certainly not the case with blue collar work. "Danger money!" "Unions!"

Look up what the blokes at the useless Wonthaggi desal plant are getting paid.
You may be correct with blue collar jobs. There is a lot of rorting in the government system for infrastructure projects. Little care for the tax payer.

but For white collar jobs the pay is quite a bit lower.

Sorry if my actual experience doesnt fit with your guesses.

Public servants are motivated by promotion and contribution. And they all earn far less in the public system then what they can get privately for equivalent work.

Define accountability?

When covid hit it was all the public doctors and nurses that took the risk to treat covid patients. Private doctors said f*** you and refused to treat. Who was accountable?

When public servants f*** up their f*** ups make it to the media and they can be called to senate hearings where they face jail if they screw those hearings up. Is that not accountable?
Now your diluting the point.
It was a specific comment directed at the Liberal party and MPs in general.
Don't go throwing in emergency services and medical staff into the arguement.

When it comes to all other government departments, they are unaccountable, because the business model is not driven by company profitability as is the case in the private sector world.

Public sector, have no idea about accountability, because there is a magic bowl of cash pouring in to finance it , which comes from tax payer dollars.

Close a department and just shuffle the staff to another one.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Trump still the favourite by far to win the 2024 primaries. I know it's still early days, but the general public largely aren't bothered by Jan 6 clearly. We all make mistakes.

Can he win from jail?

(Just waiting patiently to see those tax fraud charges & the whatever other criminal activities they can find. ;))

Now your diluting the point.
It was a specific comment directed at the Liberal party and MPs in general.
Don't go throwing in emergency services and medical staff into the arguement.

When it comes to all other government departments, they are unaccountable, because the business model is not driven by company profitability as is the case in the private sector world.

Public sector, have no idea about accountability, because there is a magic bowl of cash pouring in to finance it , which comes from tax payer dollars.
2Big2Fail

Can he win from jail?

(Just waiting patiently to see those tax fraud charges & the whatever other criminal activities they can find. ;))
My prediction is that the investigations are like those against Hillary for Benghazi / the email server: more designed to placate the masses for a year or two, with no intention of taking down any big wigs. I could be wrong.

If the main competitor to Biden's leadership is not only cancelled from social media but then thrown in jail, they're approaching a Russian style system of "democracy", along with mass outrage. It's best for them to keep the population chilled out and let the 4th estate do their thing to keep him away from the Whitehouse.

My prediction is that the investigations are like those against Hillary for Benghazi / the email server: more designed to placate the masses for a year or two, with no intention of taking down any big wigs. I could be wrong.

If the main competitor to Biden's leadership is not only cancelled from social media but then thrown in jail, they're approaching a Russian style system of "democracy", along with mass outrage. It's best for them to keep the population chilled out and let the 4th estate do their thing to keep him away from the Whitehouse.

So you've decided whatever tax fraud & any other illegal financial activities are found to have been committed by Trump, family & associates are irrelevant. Its all a 'setup'?

Really?

Cancelled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back