Mega Thread Hawf & Handbaggers monumentally embarrassing 1700000 page s**tfight (part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Our tiny membership base still easily outdrew the Hawks in 2019.

Even with Tassie a club with 70,000 members should be well above us in attendences.

But you know Mother's Day, Storm and Victory games, rain, an ominous cloud, all conspired against the Hawk 'faithful' getting to games.

Maybe, perhaps not.

Are you talking about total attendances or attendance by opponent?

In 2019 no less than 7 of our first 9 games were in the highly lucrative 3.20pm. Sunday timeslot. A proven drawcard (lol)

Admittedly our 5-9 start to the season didnt help, and it led to our lowest crowds for home and away games since 2006.

Funny thing is, even with Hawthorn's plight, Hawthorn was still Geelong's second largest attendance for the home and away season last year (bested by just the round 1 game against Collingwood, coming off the 2018 Grand Final in primetime)

Pound for pound Geelong need Hawthorn to draw attendance and fill a grandstand.

That's why Geelong's semi final against West Coast drew a mere 51,813 with many thousands of tickets handed out to fill the 1st and 2nd deck of the southern stand.

Geelong, despite being minor premiers last season, really dont have a viable fan base. At most, the Cats are more or less on the same level of St Kilda / Melbourne

What happens if you do those numbers as percentage of membership? :think:

Of course, struggling to draw 50,000 in another city is another issue altogether :(

Point being?

Hawthorn still significantly draws greater crowds and are a much bigger football club compared to Geelong.

Why not compare Hawthorn's attendances as minor premier (2012-13) compared to the 2019 Cats?

Fun fact of the day...

Between 2011 and 2017 Geelong did not draw 60,000 to a single home and away game that did not feature Hawthorn. In that same time, Hawthorn drew 60k plus to home and away games against Collingwood (8), Carlton (1), Essendon (3), Richmond (2) and Sydney (3)

Geelong, as a club, struggles to turn profits when not finishing top 2 (Brian Cook's words not mine - https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...t/news-story/f1ea1570f5c1625092cfe3b22d8b0322), has restored to internet memeberships to crack 55,000 members and cant fill a 34,000 stadium in its heartland despite finishing minor premier.

Maybe, perhaps not.

Are you talking about total attendances or attendance by opponent?

In 2019 no less than 7 of our first 9 games were in the highly lucrative 3.20pm. Sunday timeslot. A proven drawcard (lol)

Admittedly our 5-9 start to the season didnt help, and it led to our lowest crowds for home and away games since 2006.

Funny thing is, even with Hawthorn's plight, Hawthorn was still Geelong's second largest attendance for the home and away season last year (bested by just the round 1 game against Collingwood, coming off the 2018 Grand Final in primetime)

Pound for pound Geelong need Hawthorn to draw attendance and fill a grandstand.

That's why Geelong's semi final against West Coast drew a mere 51,813 with many thousands of tickets handed out to fill the 1st and 2nd deck of the southern stand.

Geelong, despite being minor premiers last season, really dont have a viable fan base. At most, the Cats are more or less on the same level of St Kilda / Melbourne

So many excuses.

You're basically just admitted that you are fairweather bandwagonners.

If you put Rich and Coll in that slot they would easily still outdraw you.

Point being?

Hawthorn still significantly draws greater crowds and are a much bigger football club compared to Geelong.

My point was that a larger suburban membership base should of course attract higher crowd numbers than a smaller regional one :)

Hrmmmm, low crowd for a regional supporter base playing in another city on a Friday night. How strange!

Point being?

Why not compare Hawthorn's attendances as minor premier (2012-13) compared to the 2019 Cats?

Fun fact of the day...

Between 2011 and 2017 Geelong did not draw 60,000 to a single home and away game that did not feature Hawthorn. In that same time, Hawthorn drew 60k plus to home and away games against Collingwood (8), Carlton (1), Essendon (3), Richmond (2) and Sydney (3)

Geelong, as a club, struggles to turn profits when not finishing top 2 (Brian Cook's words not mine - https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...t/news-story/f1ea1570f5c1625092cfe3b22d8b0322), has restored to internet memeberships to crack 55,000 members and cant fill a 34,000 stadium in its heartland despite finishing minor premier.

Lol. Nice melt.

Hawks are a minnow in big club clothing. Even Jeff admits you wouldn't turn a profit if not for pokies.

Cats are now debt free and pokie free.

Hawfs.jpg

Saw this the other day. Hawfs surrounded by some esteemed company

It'll be death by 40,000 discarded memberships and scarves over at Glenferrie once the pokies are given up

lol maybe but what about Geelong?

The G isn't our home ground.

Also noticed in the fixture that the mighty Cats get 6 primetime games on Friday this year.
Huge blockbusters and coffer fillers against Richmond, Collingwood, West Coast, Sydney and GWS

Compared to the Hawks who get 3. One against us - because of us - then against Melb and Port. Lol.

AFL obviously knows the Hawk fanbase will be 'too busy' on Fridays.

Also noticed in the fixture that the mighty Cats get 6 primetime games on Friday this year.
Huge blockbusters and coffer fillers against Richmond, Collingwood, West Coast, Sydney and GWS

Compared to the Hawks who get 3. One against us - because of us - then against Melb and Port. Lol.

Dude, that's because you were minor premiers (lets dont mention the perpetual bed shitting in September) and the AFL have been open about awarding teams that perform in the home and away season with primetime fixturing

That's why Footscray (absolute minnow that they are) got a myrid of primetime games in 2017.

Geelong can't fill a grandstand without Hawthorn, Collingwood or Richmond, which is massive issue for the AFL...

They even tried to give you a leg up with the infamous NDIS Stadium final in 2013 and the purple NTTAWWTs not only bested you but they outsang you too

too busby... too busy... too entertained for a crap shoot with you dude.s... working on my next devastating retort...

I don’t mind the ‘mighty’ tigers, for a long time I felt sorry for them. As for their blow-in bandwagon, I don’t have anything positive to say. Nothing like the old stalwarts like TyreBoyz who used to post here. I’m sure, in your twenty or so minutes on Bigfooty you’ve run into Butler40 . Pretty sure he’s a closet cat supporter also

Not sure how I got caught up in your obviously one sided fight :rolleyes: I have been accused of many things but never being a closet cat supporter now that's a first. Man those drugs are good down there at Hawthorn have some crayons you must have the munchies we have plenty for the 2020 season images (3).jpg

Not sure how I got caught up in your obviously one sided fight :rolleyes: I have been accused of many things but never being a closet cat supporter now that's a first. Man those drugs are good down there at Hawthorn have some crayons you must have the munchies we have plenty for the 2020 seasonView attachment 825621
r drawing the dark side.. cash cow for all your little catties..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude, that's because you were minor premiers (lets dont mention the perpetual bed shitting in September) and the AFL have been open about awarding teams that perform in the home and away season with primetime fixturing

That's why Footscray (absolute minnow that they are) got a myrid of primetime games in 2017.

Geelong can't fill a grandstand without Hawthorn, Collingwood or Richmond, which is massive issue for the AFL...

They even tried to give you a leg up with the infamous NDIS Stadium final in 2013 and the purple NTTAWWTs not only bested you but they outsang you too

As I said before we had more attend our games last year. If we can't fill a stadium where does that put you guys.

Fairweather Hawk bandwagonners are a bigger worry for the AFL. They understand how fickle you all are.

too busby... too busy... too entertained for a crap shoot with you dude.s... working on my next devastating retort...

Work harder. Lol.

Meh, could be worse....

It could be worse, at least Hawthorn are not hanging on to a bald headed religious bigot, a brain dead moron who likes to surf as though he's auditioning for a James Bond movie and a pea hearted captain that is the perfect definition of a crybaby when he doesn't get his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back