Preview Hawks vs Brisbane - Hale, Langer's, Sicily IN, Hodge, Pop and Schoe OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this guy
upload_2015-8-22_0-1-37.jpeg

Out most likely this guy unfortunately (the one on the right)
images

I know this won't happen but I still think Simpkin would be an extremely valuable inclusion for the finals. Have smith/hartung as our outside runners and play Simpkin as the sub.

He can accumulate disposals and kick goals. Bring hill back in for Hartung or Simpkin if he can convice clarko he's up for it.

I like the idea of joffa as the sub. In 2013 this bloke killed it!! Hartung smith and I reckon Jed over Hill would be perfect imo. We are too slow and tall in the back half so maybe Gus in for Lake or Chip. Langford in the middle to give us some hard ball winning edge. We haven't won a contested footy stat in over two months ffs!

In:
Langers
Joffa
Gus
Jed

Out:
Lake
Hill
Suckers
Hodge (mrp)

McEvoy was well beaten tonight but has had a great month. One ruck did not work.
Hill is hopelessly out of form.
Frawley is just hopeless, but gets another chance as Spanger is not ready.
Brian still out best tall defender. Was playing better than Chip when subbed off.
Suckers kicking is now as good as his overhead marking.
Out - Hill, Hodge (1 week), Suckling
In - Anderson, Langford, Ceglar or Hale
Burger gets the vest for a freshen up.
Simpkin is clearly not in the mix.

If Simpkin couldn't get a game when we had a host of midfielders miss games with injury/suspension I doubt he would get a game now. Put a line threw Simpkin's career.

IN: Hale, Ceglar, Langford, Anderson, Whitecross

OUT: Lake, Hodge, Hill, Suckling, McEvoy

B: Stratton, Frawley, Duryea

HB: Birchall, Gibson, Burgoyne

C: Hartung, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Breust, Gunston, Lewis

F: Rioli, Roughead, Puopolo

R: Ceglar, Langford, Shiels

INT: Anderson, Schoenmakers, Hale, Whitecross (sub)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Sucklings intensity tonight was good. Not sure why people are calling for his head. A lot of very poor errors from most of the team. I still say we rest one or two, but essentially get as close to our team for 1st final as possible to get them all playing together.

I thought Sucklings intensity tonight was good. Not sure why people are calling for his head. A lot of very poor errors from most of the team. I still say we rest one or two, but essentially get as close to our team for 1st final as possible to get them all playing together.

Disagree completely. If we don't rest our players we're not going to be up for the fight in Perth.

Unless players need a 'mental' break to freshen up, we need players like Hill, Rough, Birchall etc to get some confidence over the next 2 weeks.

All about our versatility, but in finals we are going to need a tall forward to draw the footy and we used to have a coleman medalist to do that.

Play Rough permanent forward please.

If Eagles beat the Dogs we may as well rest as many as possible against the Lions we could still drop a game and finish top 4.

Play the best team we can the next week against Carlton.

The problem is that we had no intensity in those games.

Looked completely flat in both games.
Exactly. We can certainly bring the intensity and it showed against Freo and $wans. But like us, they all have players that are getting on and we are clearly on top of them. But when we face the likes of Port and Richmond, and perhaps throw GWS :eek: in as well, and even Eagles, their younger brigade are making us look slow. It seems experience and age will get you so far (and it certainly did with 2 wins out of 3 GF's) but perhaps age and weary legs could be catching up to us.

Don't want to make it sound like doomsday but our premiership window seems to be closing quicker than expected when we come up against these teams, unless we can find form and inject some fresh faces, we will struggle to compete.

On the bright side this finals series may well be less expensive than the previous 3 years. Finals aren't cheap!

Cyril needs a rest. Couldn't jump in contests last night. Anyone else notice him jogging to contests that he would normally be all over like a bad ball rash?
Took McEvoy three quarters to realize he had to jump at center bounces against Ryder.
Hill has to find a way to stay involved
We were too big at the back end to play a team with minimal KPF.
This is chance to rest anyone who needs a freshen up before September.

Out: Cyril, Lake
In: Jed, Ceglar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back