Preview Hawks vs Dons - Changes and Discussion Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a feeling Burgoyne is going to make Essendon regret that trade even more on Friday night. He looks about ready to rip it up and might just slip under the radar of a tag.

He is out due to injury not peaheartitis! Anyway, Willo was part of the Burgoyne trade and we are 5-0 since he has played:thumbsu:
While there's not much of an argument that he's been a ripping success so far, Willo's currently out injured, not playing 2s. Ripping into injured guys isn't a good look.
As far as our club's concerned we got rid of a bloke we were going to delist and a now-sacked loose unit for Willo and a couple of picks.
He's a cheap set of steak knives in many ways.

While there's not much of an argument that he's been a ripping success so far, Willo's currently out injured, not playing 2s. Ripping into injured guys isn't a good look.
As far as our club's concerned we got rid of a bloke we were going to delist and a now-sacked loose unit for Willo and a couple of picks.
He's a cheap set of steak knives in many ways.
Seems that Knights may just be treating him like that too.

I anticipated him starting reasonably well for a year or two then losing his edge like said cutlery. Has to be all up from here cos he can't get much worse!

EDIT: And for the record golden GALS, I don't actually mind him being made to earn it. No doubt under previous coaching arrangements he'd have played every game to prove the point, but that didn't breed the best mindset IMHO. If he doesn't want it, he doesn't want it.

Bateman would probably have more effect across HB at this point, similar to how Rob Murphy played lastweek. He has enough to experience to read the play properly and would also give him something constructive to focus his aggression into.

Gee, you guys are sensitive aren't you.

I made a response to 'Woodside Hawk' who made a comment with very little relevance to a changes/pre game discussion thread.

Furthermore, i could go on to say that Burgoyne and Hooper are hardly setting the league alight.

Look, FWIW, i didn't really want Williams.BUT, if you absorb the details of the trade from an Essendon perspective.........

-Downgrade Pick 16 to 24 (Carlisle)
-Upgrade Pick 42 to 33

*It's quite possible that we may have selected 6'5" KP prospect Jake Carlisle at No.16 anyway.Which would mean that we got Williams for nothing.

OK, back on topic, i believe tomorrow night is a 50/50 proposition.
Hawks playing much better, but clearly are troubled by Essendons speed and carry.Very difficult game to predict.

Should be a cracker!............

I made a response to 'Woodside Hawk' who made a comment with very little relevance to a changes/pre game discussion thread.

Furthermore, i could go on to say that Burgoyne and Hooper are hardly setting the league alight.

Look, FWIW, i didn't really want Williams.BUT, if you absorb the details of the trade from an Essendon perspective.........

-Upgrade Pick 42 to 33

*It's quite possible that we may have selected 6'5" KP prospect Jake Carlisle at No.16 anyway.Which would mean that we got Williams for nothing.

OK, back on topic, i believe tomorrow night is a 50/50 proposition.
Hawks playing much better, but clearly are troubled by Essendons speed and carry.Very difficult game to predict.

Should be a cracker!............

Actually, my comment was related to earlier speculation that Willo hadn't played for Bendigo on the weekend as he was being held back to play against us tomorrow night. I posted the link for final confirmation that this was not the case.

The comment about the trade was just a lighthearted dig. I actually hope Willo comes good and does well for you - I've got the utmost respect for him and what he did for us - just not in games against us.

Hope that clarifies it for ya.

Actually, my comment was related to earlier speculation that Willo hadn't played for Bendigo on the weekend as he was being held back to play against us tomorrow night. I posted the link for final confirmation that this was not the case.

The comment about the trade was just a lighthearted dig. I actually hope Willo comes good and does well for you - I've got the utmost respect for him and what he did for us - just not in games against us.

Hope that clarifies it for ya.

yep. if anything bltn it shows you as the sensitive one.
I too hope willo comes good, and yes, we could both say that the trade has worked out well for at least our two clubs.

-Upgrade Pick 42 to 33

*It's quite possible that we may have selected 6'5" KP prospect Jake Carlisle at No.16 anyway.Which would mean that we got Williams for nothing.............

Willo on a three year contract. Ho ho ho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Willo on a three year contract. Ho ho ho

In fairness it doesn't matter as looking through their list, they are in no danger of exceeding the salary cap with that list, and weren't in any danger even if Burgoyne accepted the $650,000 pay packet they offered for him.

Sadly Shaun didn't want to play for filth and wanted to be in the top 8 after round 12.

Scums Teams are out.

Out: Dempsey, Dyson, Myers
In: Atkinson, Prismall, Hooker

Backs: Fletch Hooker Slattery
HB: Hocking Pears McVeigh
C: Atkinson Watson Stanton
HF: Davey Gumbleton Jetta
F: Zaka Hurley Lonergan

Followers: Ryder Winderlich Melksham
Bench: Welsh, Belly, NLM, Prismall

Bombers team is out:

B:Dustin Fletcher, Cale Hooker, Henry Slattery
HB: Heath Hocking, Tayte Pears, Mark McVeigh
C: Jarrod Atkinson, Jobe Watson, Brent Stanton
HF: Alwyn Davey, Scott Gumbleton, Leroy Jetta
F: David Zaharakis, Michael Hurley, Sam Lonergan
Foll: Patrick Ryder, Jason Winderlich, Jake Melksham
I/C: Brent Prismall, Andrew Welsh, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Tom Bellchambers
Emg: David Myers, Bachar Houli, Courtenay Dempsey

In: Prismall, Atkinson, Hooker
Out: Ricky Dyson, Courtenay Dempsey, David Myers

@bombermick: unlikely, would be one of Shoey, Gilham or Stratton imo.

Fair bit of crtiticism over Dempsey last week and some of it deserved, but I thought when all the other Bombers had packed their bags and gone home he wasn still having a go and trying to create.

Has Prismall been out due to injury or form and for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back