Preview Hawks vs Dons - Changes and Discussion Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoke to dasher today at the boxhill game and did confirm that he is fit/firing/ready to kick some ar---- against the scum.

I miss read your quote i thought you said he couldn't confirm he was fit and ready to play, but then i read it again and can see that you said he is ready and fit to play and now i am releived...:thumbsu:

I'd expect Ryder to play approx half the game forward, so it may be prudent to keep your 3 talls in defence.Unless the weather forcast dictates a smaller side.

Sewell on Watson sounds like a good head to head duel.You can't really prevent Watson from getting his own ball, so Sewell shouldn't become too defensive.

The player who you need to tag, who has only been mentioned once in this thread, is Stanton.Yes, i know, he's not an elite midfielder.Can turn the ball over terribly at times, and is constantly maligned by opposition supporters(and especially by his own).
HOWEVER, you guys can't let him run around on his own collecting 30-35 possessions.He has done this the last 3 meetings between ESS v HAW, and last year got 6 votes from the umps in the 2 games.Not sure who can go with him in your side, but someone needs to get the job.He can be tagged right out of a game and it's occured this year on several occassions.

IMO, keep him to under 20 touches, and you go a long way to winning this match.

Agree with all the thoughts about our speed.We'll most likely stack the side with quick players again.Atkinson is almost certain to come in.

Should be a cracking game Friday night!

Normally I'd be pushing for Bateman to earn his spot by playing at BH, but we need his run this week. Agree with others that Youngy should be the other inclusion if fit.

The guys who could go include WhiteX, Muston, Schoenmakers and Ladson. Because we are playing a team whose strength is speed we need Muston IMO. We can cover Hurley and Gumbleton, but if Ryder pushes forward then we may struggle without a 3rd tall. I'd play Schoey, but it's more likely Ladson or WhiteX will get picked.

Hodge and Rioli must play in the midfield again this week. They are the only midfielders who kick goals consistently. Hoping for Burger to cut them to ribbons this week. He was solid last week, but I think he is due for a huge game.

Also why is there an ad for the Bomber shop on our forum?

While I have been disapointed with Changa's form this year, not to mention the suspensions, he is the tag for Stanton, has the tank and the pace to trouble Stanton going the other way.

We need to consider Essendon's pace but we should also play to our strengths and not change too much that has been working lately.

If Young is fit he also come straight back.

Two to go out....they would have to come from WhiteX, Muston, Shoey or anyone not "leg" fit. We will need all the fit legs we can get Friday.

Very tough when everyone is going ok.

2 of either Stratts, Gilly and Shiels.

I believe CLA was referring to whether we need all 3. I'm not really sure but I know that Bellchambers will probably ruck for them again allowing Ryder to drift forward....

It can't hurt having all 3. One of them can take Willo or Reimers or Nobody.

It can't hurt having all 3. One of them can take Willo or Reimers or Nobody.

Mark my words Willo will not be considered for selection this week. Reimers Played for Bendigo on the weekend and for memory got injured in the final quarter and played poorly.

Both Atkinson and Prismal withdrew from the game on Sunday, we all know why!!!!

Rumour Willo presended to be injured and did not play for Bendigo.

Last time I think Shiels took Stanton. Stanton will get tagged maybe a good job for Musto, if not him Ladson will get the role.

Dunno about Jobe. Ideally we will let him go head to head with Sammy - and we will win.

The big game is Suzie V Ryder. Looking forward to see where Suzie is in his development. If Suze dominates Bellchambers, it is game over.

This time around, we have two rucks, we have Mitchell Sewell Hodge Burgoyne Rioli Lewis Ellis and hopefully Young and Bateman in the midfield, and a much more settled back 6.

We're an improved side, so hopefully we can have a better crack at Essendon. We were stationary last time we played, were on the back foot, and somehow let win the phsyical side of the game.

Like the Carlton game, pretty important to stamp some sort of authority on the game early, and play it on our terms, or else we risk their ball winners running over us.

Bateman is a vital player, and no way we'd brining him through the 2s. He's not in his 2008 form but certainly has played better here than some have suggested. I'd play him as a run with player with Stanton, and try to hit him on the turn around like he used to do Nick Stevens so well.

Burgoyne and Rioli become vital players. They are clearance players who can seriously break the lines for us, and we've struggled recently against the Bombers in that area. Both are getting to crucial clearance form, and are the two we need to break open the game in our advantage.

Bombers wait and try to hurt us on the rebound. Our game plan has being to kick longer than the half back line, deeper in to attack, get a tall to create a contest, and try to keep it in through forward pressure and zoning. Before hand, we were turning it over at the half forward line, and then getting burnt for pace on the rebound. Our game plan should be better equiped this time.

Huge game for us. Bombers have caused us trouble so this performance will show how much we've improved the last month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This time round we have Mitchel, Skipper and Burgoyne, and that is 3 very very important players to our mix.
Last time they Had Hille and Monfreas who dominated us this time round they don't have, they do get back Hooker though.
I really cant see us losing this game, the players are still hurting from hat pathetic performance last time and are playing a better game style and have more confidence.

G'day lads and ladies.

If you're interested in a bit of light-hearted banter and light trolling, this is the place to do it. Anything outside of there will result in cards and board bans, but that thread will be available for your pub talking pleasure. Standard BF rules on abuse, name calling etc. will apply, but feel free to lay into our players/coaches/adminstration/tea ladies and defend your own.

I'd wish you good luck on Friday, but I'd like nothing more than to see you flogged.:)

G'day lads and ladies.

If you're interested in a bit of light-hearted banter and light trolling, this is the place to do it. Anything outside of there will result in cards and board bans, but that thread will be available for your pub talking pleasure. Standard BF rules on abuse, name calling etc. will apply, but feel free to lay into our players/coaches/adminstration/tea ladies and defend your own.

I'd wish you good luck on Friday, but I'd like nothing more than to see you flogged.:)

Ye well i would love to join in if i was not banned from your boards for some un known reason??:confused:

We will need extra pace to combat the Bombers. Bateman should come straight back in.

At this stage there will be no Hille for the Bombers. Do we play Skipper straight up against Ryder? More mobile than Renouf. Try to nullify his work around the ground. Or conceed that mobility and use Renouf down back during general play? Renouf's work in tight has been very good of late and the inside work of our midfield today was as good as I've seen for a while.

We deny the Bombers first use of the footy and we take a big step to negating their speed advantage.
Without going looking for stats, our contested and centre work - which was a real strength - has been down the last 2 weeks. Admittedly, Sydney and Cats are probably stronger than most in there, but (like most teams) our form has pretty closely followed our tackle and clearance counts.

I'm hoping we play Bellchambers as a dedicated #2 ruck. I'm hoping we bring back Hooker and maybe a young small backman and relegate one or two of Lonergan, Slattery or Welsh.

Haven't seen the game yet but seems like Musto has done a great job, perhaps get him to tag Watson? seems like Essendon's best midfielder this year and killed us last time

Also by the sounds of it, agreeing Whitecross and Schoey are gona be likely to be dropped for Young and Bateman

See thats where essendon are lucky by clubs mistakes. You dont tag watson you tag stanton because he provides our run. But its hard to keep up with him as he runs all night.

I'd like to see Muston stay in and play a forward tag on Dempsey. Hopefully he will gain some cofidence and start to hurt the opposition with his long kicking.

G'day lads and ladies.

Thats nice . go back there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back