Preview Hawks vs Dons - Changes and Discussion Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For mine, i think we are now in a position to pick the side based on the oppasition we play from week to week.That as it is , we play a side who bases there game on run.......so we need to match that and then streatch them in the Fwd half...
Outs ...Shoe..Whit"x"
Ins..Young..Bateman (although its time for him to step up)
Musto and Sewell to rotate on Watson...
Play the three tall Fwds.....(resting Ruck Fwd):thumbsu:
Force the ruck v Fletcher match up......drag him up the ground or wide....Skip does it well.

I liked Shoey's game today. Muston is quick (relatively) so I say if Changa can either have a week to think about what he did or given its the scum and they are not tall up forward rest Murph.

What on earth did you like about Shoey's game?

Our backline was destroyed today, we were just fortunate that the midfield played brilliantly. How many contested marks did they take inside 50?

I am a big Shoey fan and think he will be great though at the moment he is simply not ready.

Out Shoey

In Bateman

In: Young Bateman
Out: Shoenamers Muston

Can't believe some still have Murphy as an out, his form has been really good the last few weeks. Will be important this Friday.

Bateman and Young are two key additions against the Bombers, we need that run and carry, and Bombers will try and run us off our feet. Our game plan will be better prepared this time around, but we need those two out there.

I'm not sure if there are any injuries from the game on the weekend, but Muston IMO is a liability, and Gilham, Straton and Murphy are all in front of Shoenmakers in defence. I would like see Shoe given a chance as a lead up forward, but as a defender he's depth/developing at the moment.

Brown and Gibson must be close as well.

God I hope Muston doesn't run with Watson as some of you are suggesting. Just go sool head to head with Watson.

Stanton is the one to tag. Muston may not have the tank to go with stanton, so I'd maybe like to see him play as a defensive forward again, maybe on dempsey?

Unfortunatley the Scums strengths is our weekness; Their tall marking forwards will be a handfull for our mid sized 'tall' backs. We will need all the tall backs we have.

Even though I am flying over for the game (I hate the cols) I hope it is a bit wet so nullify their forwards. Our forwards are great at ground level.

I would like to see Shoey stay in the side for an extended run. Maybe he could have a run accross HF as the 3rd marking tall.
He was predominately playing accross HF for Norwood when we recruited him. Maybe some time up forward will help his development in the future as a backman.
And Skipper can drop back accross the HB line - tough hard body with plenty of experience. Gives us a bit of flexibility.

just a thought

For the first time all year, we finally look like were enjoying our football, during the second i was thought we were going back to our old ways, but it was really good to see us come out in the second half and play some really good football.

I hope our boys are has fired up as i am for the game on Friday night and we can turn it around from our last time piss week effort against the assholes in red and black.

gotta make room for youngy, but i don't think batman is in our best 22 atm, so he should have a stint in box hill for a week or so. Seems to have worked for laddo.

In: Bateman, Young

Out: Muston, Whitecross (both unlucky)

Guerra Gilham Murphy
Birchall Schoenmakers Stratton

Renouf Sewell HODGE
Bateman Mitchell Lewis

Rioli Franklin Burgoyne
Osborne Roughead Peterson

Int: Skipper, Ladson, Ellis, Young

Emg: Whitecross, Muston, Shiels

I would prefer Gibson in for Schoey, however he is still a couple of weeks away. Need Schoey to play on either Hurley or Gumbleton and hopefully do a job for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

am I the only one praying for a Buddy bag (7+) after seeing Riewoldt kick 10?

I just want to see Buddy kick 6. To me thats the magic number that will signal that we are back to a real force. He hasnt kicked more than 5 since 2008.

And Shoey for Bateman for mine. We need run and Bateman has always troubled Essendon.

I just want to see Buddy kick 6. To me thats the magic number that will signal that we are back to a real force. He hasnt kicked more than 5 since 2008.

And Shoey for Bateman for mine. We need run and Bateman has always troubled Essendon.

He kicked 6 against collingwood last yr, hope he gets 9 against bombers as thats what he used to do in 07 nd 08

nah ur right man sorry, that was one of the only games last yr we played well, think i thought he played better than he did

true he hasn't kicked more than 5 since that final against WB in 2008 (kicked 8)
i just double checked

Out Ozzie (inj) Shoey
In Bateman, Young.

Bateman and Young provide so much run and ground coverage it's not funny.
They in fact transform our side into a different unit.

Forget the Crows game, we're playing a very different team who have exposed our lack of run and pace in recent times.

Changa to Boxhill Pffftt.

Bateman and Young provide so much run and ground coverage it's not funny.
They in fact transform our side into a different unit.

Forget the Crows game, we're playing a very different team who have exposed our lack of run and pace in recent times.

Changa to Boxhill Pffftt.

I agree with your sentiment Dr, however Changa has been anushorribillus this year, now whether that is a combination of many things I am unsure.

I am sure though that his dispoal and team orientated objectives have been sadly lacking this year, perhaps a kick up the arse is exactly what he needs?

In my view there is no point getting the ball if you turn it over and he has made more turn-overs than my local baker in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back