Preview Hawks vs Dons - Changes and Discussion Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how i feel about this idea of 'punishing' Changa with a week in the magoos.

We wouldn't consider doing that to Buddy would we, despite his repeat offences....... or would we?

I appreciate that Changa's discipline may have been lacking a touch, but at the same time, we do want our best 22 on the field..... don't we?

I'd like to see Muston stay in and play a forward tag on Dempsey. Hopefully he will gain some cofidence and start to hurt the opposition with his long kicking.

I thought Musto did a terrific job last week and do not want him dropped, his run and agreession is excellent and required against the scum.....:thumbsu:

I thought Musto did a terrific job last week and do not want him dropped, his run and agreession is excellent and required against the scum.....:thumbsu:

Yeah, agreed. I saw him at training yesterday and he looked good. took some long shots in the drills and finished up with goal kicking practice. He's got a monster boot on him. I think he'll keep his place.

Yeah, agreed. I saw him at training yesterday and he looked good. took some long shots in the drills and finished up with goal kicking practice. He's got a monster boot on him. I think he'll keep his place.

The club obviously invited you along for your astute observations and comments Grizz??? :thumbsu:

The club obviously invited you along for your astute observations and comments Grizz??? :thumbsu:

Something like that Kippy. He moved very well. Just get the feeling he's starting to click.

Something like that Kippy. He moved very well. Just get the feeling he's starting to click.

I hope so, I have always felt he has the goods but has been given limited opportunities and his confidence has dwindled as a direct result..

players that are quick, who can kick long out over zones etc and have aggression are the evolving attributes required by teams in current footy in my view.

I'd like to see Muston stay in and play a forward tag on Dempsey. Hopefully he will gain some cofidence and start to hurt the opposition with his long kicking.

Dempsey is not worth a tag. If Musto has a natural opponent then so be it but Musto wont get a game if we have to invent a suitable match up.

With at least Bateman coming in - you'd think that only one of Muston and WhiteX will survive- and play the role of defensive forward.

The other consideration is Shoenmakers- will he be picked as height insurance in backline- Hurley and Gumbleton will be covered by Gilham and Stratton- but if Ryder plays forward some of the time, we may be exposed a bit for height. Frankly, I'd run the risk- not sure if Shoe is playing well enough... but that's just me...

FF: Osborne - Roughead - Rioli
HF: Bateman - Franklin - Burgoyne
Ce: Lewis - Hodge - Young
HB: Ladson - Stratton - Murphy
FB: Guerra - Schoenmakers - Gilham

Ru: Renouf
RR: Sewell
Ro: Mitchell

I/C: Skipper, Birchall, Ellis, Peterson

In: Young, Bateman
Out: Muston, Whitecross

I hope you're right Grizz, I wonder how it would affect his confidence if he was dropped because he was given a specific role by Clarko to negate arguably the most damaging small defender in the comp, and not only was he successful but he ended up with a goal to himself and should've had more.

So now if he was dropped his confidence would be shot as he did exactly what was asked of him which helped us to win the game.

I mentioned in an earlier post I wanted bateman to earn his spot through the magoos, I wasn't referring to discipline but more for form. He's been out of form, his disposal isn't up to scratch and has lost his pace. He should be made to either come back through the 2's or grow his hair back, not drop someone having a bigger positive impact on the result than him.

The one player who i hope has a light at the end of the tunnel this season is Muston. I hope he's given every opportunity to find form/confidence and a role in out team because the ability in certainly there. :thumbsu:

I mentioned in an earlier post I wanted bateman to earn his spot through the magoos, I wasn't referring to discipline but more for form. He's been out of form, his disposal isn't up to scratch and has lost his pace. He should be made to either come back through the 2's or grow his hair back, not drop someone having a bigger positive impact on the result than him.

I think this belief is becoming more common Hawk43 - I said similar on Sunday.

Bateman isn't running like Bateman should (or used to); he is fumbly with his hands; & his disposal has been wayward. His inclusion implies pace but I haven't seen it at all this year and didn't see a lot of it last year.

However, to be fair, I haven't seen Bateman play in a winning team yet (2010) & he may be in a similar position to some of our other guys who looked bad when we were losing... Similar to Ellis in this light; & perhaps Laddo.

My opinion - Laddo, Muston & Ossie played in the 2's & have come back showing something... Bateman should get the same medicine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this belief is becoming more common Hawk43 - I said similar on Sunday.

Bateman isn't running like Bateman should (or used to); he is fumbly with his hands; & his disposal has been wayward. His inclusion implies pace but I haven't seen it at all this year and didn't see a lot of it last year.

However, to be fair, I haven't seen Bateman play in a winning team yet (2010) & he may be in a similar position to some of our other guys who looked bad when we were losing... Similar to Ellis in this light; & perhaps Laddo.

My opinion - Laddo, Muston & Ossie played in the 2's & have come back showing something... Bateman should get the same medicine.

Brant I think you're right, i'm not sure presently what bateman's upside is over muston, but when he was playing poorly the entire team was. If bateman had a spell in the 2's then came back as the others have that you mentioned it will do wonders for our team and finals aspirations

I agree completely with Changa coming back via BH, which, as people mention - as did Ladson, Osbourne, Muston, Shoey etc. Reason of form more than anything, but sending him a message re. discipline.

In Batemans favour though, we continued to carry out of form players recently, and we can certainly afford to carry one (possible) passenger given the rest of the team is playing well. Give him the same opportunity to turn things round as players like Ellis and (apparently) Lewis and Roughy.

Another thing, what was Clarkos response to Lewis apparent lack of discipline a few years ago. Jordan was having worse issues than Bateman does, and there were some lively calls on BF calling for him to return via BH. What did Clarko do? I believe he set a bit of a precedent in dealing with the the issue.

Bateman is a star and a long and loyal servant of our club. Very few players have done the hard yards he has to get where he is today.

Dropping him would send a pretty poor message IMO. The opposite of what some would intend.

Bateman is a star and a long and loyal servant of our club. Very few players have done the hard yards he has to get where he is today.

Dropping him would send a pretty poor message IMO. The opposite of what some would intend.

Agree. Added to that, he is in the leadership group and is too important a player to send back. It's not like he is coming back from injury so no need to send him to BH. I personally would like to see him come back and repay his team mates for the poor and undisciplined start to the year he has had. He will come straight back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back