Preview Hawks vs Lions – Rd 13 - Sat 10th June – 1:45pm – MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Kiddy’s partner is heavily pregnant (as seen on Instagram), it makes more sense that maybe bringing him on an away game isn’t the best plan if she’s due to give birth in the next week or so.

Bloody hell!! This is bigfooty - stop your nonsense right now.

You are ruining conspiracy theories with your calm logic.

Squiggle prefers the Hawks ins and outs over ours...

Hawthorn
Hawthorn 72 - 86 Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions

M.C.G. (VIC)
HGA:
Hawthorn
+7.1 pts
Ins/Outs:
Hawthorn
+5.7 pts
The love child of this guy I knew in the 60s?

mqdefault.jpg

I know.

Dizzy seems like about 50 with everything he's been through and he looks old.

Let's hope his shoulder holds up at least.
Ouch. If Dizzy has the body of a 50 year old at 27, I feel like I'm sitting with the body of a 70 year old at 40. :(

However, the posting stats as the primary argument for performance is always going to be a poor argument.

The bit about "posting stats" made me think this was a critique of 3KZ is Football 's performance until the second half of the post.

"The posting stats as the primary argument for performance leads us to overvaluation of someone contributing a lot of posts without consideration of impact, and driving engagement by repeatedly posting evocative positions." ;)

Ouch. If Dizzy has the body of a 50 year old at 27, I feel like I'm sitting with the body of a 70 year old at 40. :(
Off topic, but I see this at work a lot.

Tradies, army, ex footy players (mostly League), by mid 40’s in to their 50’s, coming in for joint replacements, shoulder surgery etc, and a lot talk about how they have aged really quickly in their physical well being in the most recent years.

Then I see the broken down 60 and 70 year olds who look 10 to 20 years older.

Compared to those men who had a less physical work life, and there are men who are in their late 80’s, 90’s and approaching 100, who look and talk like they’re much younger.

Off topic, but I see this at work a lot.

Tradies, army, ex footy players (mostly League), by mid 40’s in to their 50’s, coming in for joint replacements, shoulder surgery etc, and a lot talk about how they have aged really quickly in their physical well being in the most recent years.

Then I see the broken down 60 and 70 year olds who look 10 to 20 years older.

Compared to those men who had a less physical work life, and there are men who are in their late 80’s, 90’s and approaching 100, who look and talk like they’re much younger.

When I was a student I saw a recently retired 35 year old ex-professional soccer player get bilateral hip replacements due to severe arthritis, professional sports is awful for your body

IF ..​

Jack Gunston in 2023 as a Lion hasn't hit anywhere near the highs of his time as a Hawk ...

THEN ...​

Saturday at the MCG against Hawthorn looms as the perfect time and place to do so. Playing an important role, but just 11 goals from 10 matches as a Lion. Booted 46, 58 and 57 goals respectively in the Hawks' premiership seasons of 2013, 2014 and 2015.

h1iRWedo.jpg

Kinda annoys me if we are letting him play for sentiment reasons (I assume we arent that dumb).

He's not a club legend who deserves that sort of treatment. While Hawthorn are improving a bit this is an easier game that we should be trying to ease a youngster in. Not give an aging mercenary a chance to fill their boots so we feel we cant drop them

Will Ashcroft has had a very good first half of the year.
Playing inside mid is not an easy gig for a first-year player.
Wills form away has not been as good as at home.
This was pointed out a few times by someone on Lions BF. Can't recall who.
Thought i would have a look seeing we are at the halfway mark of the season.
Clearly this poster was correct when you look at the stats below.

Will has grown up in a professional football household. One thing you can't practice is interstate travel and playing AFL on a regular basics.
I am sure he will get used to the grind of travel and look forward to seeing how his 2nd half of the year unfolds.
Hawks away at the MCG after a bye is a good game to start that turnaround.

ED= Effective disposal. CG= Clangers. GA= Goal assists. CL= Clearances. MI5= UK Security services
1686269145293.png

1686269284880.png

Will has grown up in a professional football household. One thing you can't practice is interstate travel and playing AFL on a regular basics.
I am sure he will get used to the grind of travel and look forward to seeing how his 2nd half of the year unfolds.

ED= Effective disposal. CG= Clangers. GA= Goal assists. CL= Clearances. MI5= UK Security services
View attachment 1707815

View attachment 1707816

I'll take credit for pointing that out

View attachment 1707815

View attachment 1707816
Quite a difference there.
Quite a few of the team would net similar results I would imagine.

Kinda annoys me if we are letting him play for sentiment reasons (I assume we arent that dumb).

He's not a club legend who deserves that sort of treatment. While Hawthorn are improving a bit this is an easier game that we should be trying to ease a youngster in. Not give an aging mercenary a chance to fill their boots so we feel we cant drop them
What's the bet the Hawks put Sicily on Gunners, and he just runs off him all afternoon and takes 10 intercept marks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Kiddy’s partner is heavily pregnant (as seen on Instagram), it makes more sense that maybe bringing him on an away game isn’t the best plan if she’s due to give birth in the next week or so.
If that is the case, congrats to Kiddy and his partner for carrying out some family planning and not having a baby due in Sept.
We all know what Lethal said!

Gunston’s continued selection is a joke. The other issue is that Daniel Rich is absolutely cooked and Gardiner just won’t compete on the deck. Both Rich and Gardiner are witches hats. Rich has had TWO TACKLES for the year! Only TWO! He has no defensive game whatsoever, yet he is keeping younger and more capable players like Ah Chee out of the team.
While there is more to a defensive game than tackling the continual selection of plodders like rich and Gardiner is a disgrace. I’d love to know wtf is going on in fagan an and selection panel heads when they come up with this best 22.

Rich, Gardiner and Gunston are ******* cooked. Anyone who actually knows anything about footy knows this. It’s a disgrace.

Good we are starting to bring in fresh blood though.

Happy to see Dev and Prior get promoted.

I wonder if Cockatoo finally gets the sub vest? Seems like he has been an emergency almost every week this year.

Few players on watch including Gunston, Rich and Berry. Dev and Prior can hold their spots with good games. We may see the likes of Zorks, Lohmann and Kiddy come in next week for Gunston, Rich and Berry with another sub par performance.

While there is more to a defensive game than tackling the continual selection of plodders like rich and Gardiner is a disgrace. I’d love to know wtf is going on in fagan an and selection panel heads when they come up with this best 22.

Rich, Gardiner and Gunston are ******* cooked. Anyone who actually knows anything about footy knows this. It’s a disgrace.

Good we are starting to bring in fresh blood though.
100% Agree. The worst thing about Fagan is that he is predictable and dull. Never a great game day coach, he is limiting himself further by selecting flawed players out of stubborn loyalty. Sure we are 8-3, but the question is … are we any closer to a Premiership and can Fagan take us there? I think he is just dialling it in. We need to look at other coaching options for 2024.

View attachment 1707815

View attachment 1707816
He's definitely someone I see we should be looking to rest coming through the back half of the season. Definitely a balance between pumping games into him and not burning him out coming into finals.

Would heavily consider him for a rest in a future away game or 2

I get that gunston is a leading forward not getting the ball delivered the way that suits him.

And developmentally that'd be fine IF he he was a gun in front of goal. And he isn't ATM, and senior players should not need half a season to fire up.

Why would players honor his lead when he can't kick a goal??

I get that gunston is a leading forward not getting the ball delivered the way that suits him.

And developmentally that'd be fine IF he he was a gun in front of goal. And he isn't ATM, and senior players should not need half a season to fire up.

Why would players honor his lead when he can't kick a goal??
Plus that hasnt been our game style in the past or currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back