Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dependant on who we are trying to get in during 2020 trade period, this could be utterly spot on. Already been floated with me. Stress we are talking the 2020 trade period. That is all I know at this stage.

Please not Worpel or Hardwick

Howe?

Whoever it is, if that's the strategy then I don't mind. If we keep getting Wingard type players in for players like Burton then its ok
İ think if a pick isnt enough to get someone like Peter Wright then ı can see the club been flexible enough to more than consıder a Younger player to be ‘expendable’ to get who we want.

Dependant on who we are trying to get in during 2020 trade period, this could be utterly spot on. Already been floated with me. Stress we are talking the 2020 trade period. That is all I know at this stage.

I am very interested in this cogs talk and watching it play out.

My man believes he will stay a Giant on a 3 year deal worth plenty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If its looking like Cogs, Mitchell, O'meara to suit up in 2020, some of our younger mids might themselves think they need to look for opportunities, especially someone who doesn't play a second role too well (see Joey Kennedy)
It'd be ironic if they went to sydney.

If its looking like Cogs, Mitchell, O'meara to suit up in 2020, some of our younger mids might themselves think they need to look for opportunities, especially someone who doesn't play a second role too well (see Joey Kennedy)
It'd be ironic if they went to sydney.

If we somehow land Coniglio then Howe, Cousins and even Worpel (though I'd much rather keep him) can move on. None of them will ever become players of Coniglio's calibre IMO.

There has to be caution re Micth though, his unfortunat injury might mean he's never the inside beast possession getter but more a 'break glass in emergency' like Burgoyne is now. we'll have to see

If we somehow land Coniglio then Howe, Cousins and even Worpel (though I'd much rather keep him) can move on. None of them will ever become players of Coniglio's calibre IMO.
Really? So we can rely on 3 A grade mids and ship the rest off? I recall we had all of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Sewell, Roughead and Burgoyne line up in the centre square during 2010-13.

I am very interested in this cogs talk and watching it play out.

My man believes he will stay a Giant on a 3 year deal worth plenty.
Everyone across the comp is interested, if they have a good start to the year the drums that he stays will beat louder
If they don't........

True. But if he was staying, it’d just get done now yeah?
I'm talking more about the noise the media will make than what is actually happening behind the scenes.

If he was 100% staying the only reason to not have signed is if they are still negotiating length/$$$/captaincy or it's contingent on what happens with Kelly and others

I wonder how they can pay Cameron and Greene around a mil each and have enough to pay somewhere around that for Kelly and Cogs. Kelly has already turned down a massive offer, I doubt he does again so giants will need to pay up for him. Clubs will throw $1M+ at Cogs and likely 5 year deals. Can you spend around $4M on 4 players? I reckon they let one of them go and they probably want Kelly more.

Really? So we can rely on 3 A grade mids and ship the rest off? I recall we had all of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Sewell, Roughead and Burgoyne line up in the centre square during 2010-13.

All those except Mitchell and Sewell could do roles elsewhere. Joey Kennedy didn't fancy that. He was probably right. Sewell retired early cos he didn't really have a second role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back