Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Said it before, but if Coniglio is at all interested in winning a premiership then he'd be silly to take a ridiculous offer like Carlton is apparently offering.

How could he expect the club to put together a premiership winning list when he'd know he is taking up a ridiculous percentage of their salary cap? The fact they don't even have a senior coach for 2020 is just icing on that cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumors of a big Carlton offer being tabled have been around for as long as the St kilda ones.

Honestly, you wouldn't go through all the crap of speculation and question after question that comes from not signing a contract in your final year... he's most likely made his decision; it becomes a question which external offer appeals to him the most.

They don't have a coach.

If he wants to go to a club with no coach and that kind of history he's not the kind of player Hawthorn wants or needs.
This. The way I see things is if he chooses us then with all these huge offers being bandied about them it will speak volumes as to whether we are still a destination club.

Is it just me or am I the only one that is happy that the media only loosely link Coniglio to us? When there is a mention of Coniglio to Hawthorn we are mentioned 3rd or 4th on people’s lists. I’m happy with us being just a footnote in anything Coniglio related in the media cause that speaks volumes to where he might actually be going.

The rumors of a big Carlton offer being tabled have been around for as long as the St kilda ones.
Let's be clear, St Kilda and Carlton would have sent a group email to all of this year's free agents offering $1m plus the captaincy to ANYONE who wants to come over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back