No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Petracca get more inside midfield minutes at Hawthorn?
Mitchell coming back, most likely addition of Cogs and also Worpel moving towards elite status- doesn’t leave a lot of room for him
Would have to be prepared to be versatile you would say although I think we could really make a player out of him..
I'd take him in a heartbeat. Too many judge players just on how they've gone at their current club, but he could be the next Dangerfield or Dusty if he can get his fitness up and strip some weight. I doubt he'd be a pure inside mid if we got him but there's always room for him at the Hawks.

Mid-fwd swapping with Wingard would be amazing. Could push Jaeger and (hopefully) Cogs forward more. Who needs another Puopolo when you have Breust, Wingard, JOM, Cogs and Petracca there at some stage.

He would not be getting any major minutes in the middle at the Hawks. His body shape for someone ending there 3 season is still a fair way off - compare Worpel’s body change to pertracca
Fair to say we'd have him drop 6kg-8kg over Summer, then lose him to repeat soft-tissue injuries for the first half of the season. He'd come back later in the season & play good footy in spurts, but would lack fitness to run out the game.

Then he'd burn the next 7+ years & win 5x flags with us...

Petracca just about the most overrated player in the game. No thanks, especially not at the price Melbourne would demand.
I do think Petracca has some development to do, getting lighter and fitter to play solid midfield minutes would be a start, he has shown the ability to take games by the throat in spurts at Dees. Imagine that being honed by Clarko in the same way he has done with guys like Impey. Having said all that, I do agree that the Dee's asking price will be high and likely outside our reach if we are planning on using that first rounder to move up if possible

I'd take Petracca too, I think Clarko could turn him in to a weapon. Just like he's doing with Wingard.

First thing to do would be strip 10kg off him and increase his endurance. He can play HFF and rotate through the middle. I reckon getting fitter alone would increase his possession count by 6/7.

He needs to pull his finger out like GAJ did over the 2006/7 break and he'll be a game breaker.

Petracca just about the most overrated player in the game. No thanks, especially not at the price Melbourne would demand.
Strip some weight off him and get him to apply himself. Could be anything.

Is this Petracca link legitimate or not? Haven’t heard anything other than on here?
Maybe will have an all Italian off seaon
Coniglio and Petracca 🤔 🇮🇹

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly after that WC mauling, if you take that team and go
Out: Howe, Puopolo
In: Mitchell, Impey

That is already a massive improvement without any players coming in from outside of the club. That is also without taking into account names like M.Lewis, Jiath, Moore, Ross, Walker, etc

Getting in Cogs (upgrade on Shiels), Patton (forward depth), and anyone else is just cream on top of what is already a quality side.
Sure of there are the mooted changes of (possibly) Breust/Gunston/Burgoyne out of that line-up then more spots will be available.

What i am saying is there doesn't need to be that much change beyond farewelling the old champs (e.g. Roughy) and clearing out the list of those surplus to needs/injured (e.g. Shoey, Miles).

Why's that?
Because we have a terrible strike rate in recruiting stars to our club ie. Lynch and Shiel.

You may be more interested to learn that I was recently suspended for a week for visiting the Carlton board and suggesting that Cogs would be a Hawk going against the trend on one particular thread.
Make of that what you will.

Honestly after that WC mauling, if you take that team and go
Out: Howe, Puopolo
In: Mitchell, Impey

That is already a massive improvement without any players coming in from outside of the club. That is also without taking into account names like M.Lewis, Jiath, Moore, Ross, Walker, etc

Getting in Cogs (upgrade on Shiels), Patton (forward depth), and anyone else is just cream on top of what is already a quality side.
Sure of there are the mooted changes of (possibly) Breust/Gunston/Burgoyne out of that line-up then more spots will be available.

What i am saying is there doesn't need to be that much change beyond farewelling the old champs (e.g. Roughy) and clearing out the list of those surplus to needs/injured (e.g. Shoey, Miles).
Sounds/looks much like a terrible list with no future ;)

s**t I just realised it was Petracca 4th season. Melb would be asking a hell of a lot for him and there is still a lot of ?????
I think we can do better
View attachment 734284

5th - was a red shirt for his first year in 2015.

Has gone backwards.

Melbourne seem to have a predilection for building up their players from a size and strength point of view which has not helped quite a few careers. The foot injuries of Viney, McDonald and Hogan are all systemic of heavy lifting with poor mechanics and weaknesses. They're a very solidly built team.

Hawks still keen on young Dixon who debuted for the Dockers on the weekend. Designs on him as a KPP prospect with transferable skills at both ends of the field. Was in the frame for our first pick in 2017, but was taken the pick prior and with Worpel still available we may not have picked him anyway.

s**t I just realised it was Petracca 4th season. Melb would be asking a hell of a lot for him and there is still a lot of ?????
I think we can do better
View attachment 734284
4th playing, 5th on a list. Missed his first season with that knee injury.

If he’s out of contract and doesn’t want to re-sign with the Dees then it limits what they can ask. No doubt they’ll ask a lot, but what they might have to accept is the reality. Particularly if Petracca is so willing to flee the Dees that he’d consider going into a draft situation.

I'd take Petracca too, I think Clarko could turn him in to a weapon. Just like he's doing with Wingard.

First thing to do would be strip 10kg off him and increase his endurance. He can play HFF and rotate through the middle. I reckon getting fitter alone would increase his possession count by 6/7.

He needs to pull his finger out like GAJ did over the 2006/7 break and he'll be a game breaker.
Strip some weight off him and get him to apply himself. Could be anything.
I reckon he's lacked development & plays a lot on ability/talent.

Yup, get him to drop some unnecessary bulk, build his endurance base, but also give him a season under Clarko & Sammy so he learns/develops his skills & his gameplay & he could quite easily be a 23 possession + 1 goal a game Fwd/Mid.

Because we have a terrible strike rate in recruiting stars to our club ie. Lynch and Shiel.

You may be more interested to learn that I was recently suspended for a week for visiting the Carlton board and suggesting that Cogs would be a Hawk going against the trend on one particular thread.
Make of that what you will.
Wouldn't know, I'm banned from the Carlton board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back