Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add that who apart from Hawthorn who play on the MCG would have the $$$ to pay Coniglio? Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond I wouldn’t think would have the cap space so that would leave Hawthorn and Melbourne.

If Coniglio decides to leave GWS I'm not worried about other Victorian clubs.

He's playing in front of circa 10k a week. That ain't gonna change the whole time he stays at GWS. It has to play on his mind.
I’ve been to a few GWS home games and the majority of that 10k are tickets that have been given away through business etc. The majority of the time 60%-70% of the fans are opposition fans and as the home team that would sux a big donkeys d**k.

Having mates like JOM in his ear telling how good it is playing on the MCG for the best coach in the business would definitely be making him think.

One that got my interest the other day watching Matt Walkers clip on indigenous round was the mention of Jeremy Finlayson as a fellow Yorta Yorta man (as well as Jars & Walks).

At 23 he is out of contract next year, 196cm can play back and forward and is averaging 2.3 goals a game this year (couple of bags of 5). Would compliment Mitch Lewis nicely.

Shopped around last year too I believe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You are correct. I wanted the Hawks to pick him up last year.

He reminds me a bit of Jarred Brennan and the way he played and has some X factor about him for sure.

He's playing in front of circa 10k a week. That ain't gonna change the whole time he stays at GWS. It has to play on his mind.
Plus GWS don't play the G well and Cameron is still coach there next year.
Meanwhile over here at Hawthorn we've got Clarko for three more years, play home games at the G, win someone of them even :D And have Jaeger and Tom at the club

Yep.

It's GWS or Hawthorn
So it's Hawthorn. Excellent.

Plus GWS don't play the G well and Cameron is still coach there next year.
Meanwhile over here at Hawthorn we've got Clarko for three more years, play SOME home games at the G ON GORGEOUS SUNDAY AFTERNOONS LEAVING HIM WITH A FREE SATURDAY, win someone of them even :D And have Jaeger and Tom at the club

So it's Hawthorn. Excellent.

FIFY ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel has been covered one thousand times on here, and had we really wanted to pay the asking fee from GWS, he’d be in brown and gold.

Correct. We went after Lynch a bit later but we knew we were never really in it. Sloane was our number one target last year and was coming till he back flipped and stayed at the Crows. Shiel we wanted but we pulled out when we realised we couldn't give the Giants what they needed. By the way thats going to be another top 8 pick in the draft going the Giants way with the Bombers losing Daniher and Smith for the season.

Lets also not forget we got Scully, Wingard and Scrimshaw last year. Impey the year before and Mitchell, O'Meara and Henderson the year before that. The club knows what its doing.

Last edited:
Its GWS or Hawthorn for Cogs...

He either chooses to stay loyal or comes to Melbourne for a thousand good football and non-football reasons...

The longer the silence from Cogs the better
He may go back west too.

Also while deals, targets and plans are being put a long way out and some are done deals well before trade/fa period (Franklin, Hill, Mitchell, O'meara) some players will wait till the end of season to field offers and make up thier mind.

Lynch was apparently very temped by Collingwood despite Richmond being certain they had him months before. He was undecided until just before free agency and also spoke to us during that time.

Shiel was halfway through trade week before declaring his club in fact still taking meetings during trade period. Some say he preferred hawthorn but deal couldn't be done so he met with Carlton and Essendon.

Cogs may wait till the end of the year, and decide to stay, or go to another club even if currently our offer is best and wants to. He may win a brownlow and norm Smith he may drop in form so much that could change how the 18 clubs value him and where he would like to play next year.

Don’t think there would be much tbh....

We’re not seen as a threat by anyone and rightly so

Adding Coniglio plus Mitchell coming back instantly makes us a threat next year. That’s 2 of the leagues top 10 midfielders.

Disposals, contested possessions, clearances, tackles and inside 50 would all go up significantly next year. Just think of what Worpel and Cousins can potentially do next year with Coniglio and Mitchell by their side.

Adding Coniglio plus Mitchell coming back instantly makes us a threat next year. That’s 2 of the leagues top 10 midfielders.

Disposals, contested possessions, clearances, tackles and inside 50 would all go up significantly next year. Just think of what Worpel and Cousins can potentially do next year with Coniglio and Mitchell by their side.
Coniglio would know this as well which is why I’m not to concerned with our final ladder position this season.

Coniglio would know this as well which is why I’m not to concerned with our final ladder position this season.

Mitchell (25), Coniglio (25), O’Meara (24), plus Wingard (25) are all around the same age. It makes perfect sense as to why the club would target Coniglio. He is the icing on the cake. He would absolutely be a perfect fit for our game plan.

I don’t think some people understand the domino effect that Mitchell will have next year when he comes back and what that can do for the entire midfield. For instance Shiels, Worpel and Cousins can all play more prominent roles in 2020.

Getting Coniglio and maybe a key forward with the 2019 first round pick would put us right back among the top teams again.

He may go back west too.

Also while deals, targets and plans are being put a long way out and some are done deals well before trade/fa period (Franklin, Hill, Mitchell, O'meara) some players will wait till the end of season to field offers and make up thier mind.

Lynch was apparently very temped by Collingwood despite Richmond being certain they had him months before. He was undecided until just before free agency and also spoke to us during that time.

Shiel was halfway through trade week before declaring his club in fact still taking meetings during trade period. Some say he preferred hawthorn but deal couldn't be done so he met with Carlton and Essendon.

Cogs may wait till the end of the year, and decide to stay, or go to another club even if currently our offer is best and wants to. He may win a brownlow and norm Smith he may drop in form so much that could change how the 18 clubs value him and where he would like to play next year.
My mail is that is NOT happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back