Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Should Hawks Be Punished?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the last three years they will complete their migratory patterns around from April until late September and begin posting in October through to March when they return to the nest.
I think you need to provide an update on the paint diagram that Chadwiko brought the lols with.

These threads should really be renamed
Insert club where are they at? Like old times with reactionary posts.

Win win for a neutral today, stkilda in no man's land or this thread were getting a work out.
I don't know if today says more about Stkilda or Hawthorn tbh
I’d say Hawthorn who were probably the better side in terms of overall performance and being ahead all game. Without FF, CHF, CHB + more with CJ, Wingard etc

But Lewis, Chol, Sicily are huge outs structure wise.

Constructed truths are strong.

Here's how things go in organisations.

Selection panels are wowed by things the candidate has done outside and above the role they're being hired for, as they should be. Candidate hired. Fuss made about prior experience in other roles and the value it will bring. Candidate does the role they were hired for. If they do things above their role they get a promotion or new job title better reflecting their contribution. But more often they stay in their lane. And very often when they don't it creates conflict as toes are stood on if their voice is too powerful compared to the person looking after that portfolio. Occasionally it works with the expertise being tapped but that's usually when those above the candidate are really confident in their roles and not threatened by someone impinging on their portfolio or concerned about how it looks. You fake it until you make it.

It's possible that his role is more than development coach, unlikely that he wouldn't have been given a promotion or new job title though.

Talk of the experience he brings is just that - talk. Talk from the Box Hill boys is evidence that he's respected in his development role. It's not evidence that he is given a strong voice in the coaching of the senior team. I hope he is.

When collins and ratten came back on board, the roles we are describing were specified specifically by hawthorn. No one’s making stuff up.

You are impressive the lengths you will go to stick to your narrative, but why not wait for a hawks loss to pile on like the rest of them?

When collins and ratten came back on board, the roles we are describing were specified specifically by hawthorn. No one’s making stuff up.

You are impressive the lengths you will go to stick to your narrative, but why not wait for a hawks loss to pile on like the rest of them?
To put it simply, if a bloke is appointed as head of development, I'll believe he's head of development. I won't believe he's a significant voice in the coaching of the senior team until he is appointed to a role coaching the senior team. Nor will I believe he's playing a big role in terms of advising or mentoring the other coaches if that isn't part of his job title. Particularly seeing AFL coaching titles exaggerate the role. Eg. Your head of coaching isn't the head of coaching - Sam's the head of coaching.

Similarly, If Collingwood started talking about Lachie Sullivans leadership at lower levels being tapped, I'll only believe it if i see him regularly directing traffic or he is appointed to the leadership group.

Anyway, the whole Andy Collins thing is an aside, a typical attempted gotcha side track to suggestions that the Hawks show the signs of being inexperiencedly coached.

Close wins are the best sort of wins for an inexperienced group, so they've done well the past fortnight.

We have 30 kids. You dont think he has much impact despite him working closely with 3/4 of our list ?
I believe he has impact on their development as players. I think it's unlikely that he has a big impact on club strategy. I don't think Hawks have a development issue. I think they have a talent experience and strategy issue.

WTF. I have never seen this level of blatant tanking acceptance by a club. Sam Mitchell outright said he wanted to tank and not meddle around in the middle. Their trade period.

Are the ******* AFL going to step in and do something? AFL need to go down hard on Hawks and strip them of picks

I've never seen another club purposely and blatantly tank. It's unfair they are doing that to obtain a generational player in Harley Reid

They are completely compromising the draft!!!
Crushing whiplash dude...Tanking gets u a ripple effect...we lose....we win... we lose...creating a rundown of perplexity ..
We at Hawthorn are happy with the progress..

Pythagoras might ask - what progress?
If you want to look at the most basic of metrics, this time last year we had 1 win.

With the significant injuries we’ve had this year there’s most definitely been progress in that regard.

To put it simply, if a bloke is appointed as head of development, I'll believe he's head of development. I won't believe he's a significant voice in the coaching of the senior team until he is appointed to a role coaching the senior team. Nor will I believe he's playing a big role in terms of advising or mentoring the other coaches if that isn't part of his job title. Particularly seeing AFL coaching titles exaggerate the role. Eg. Your head of coaching isn't the head of coaching - Sam's the head of coaching.

Similarly, If Collingwood started talking about Lachie Sullivans leadership at lower levels being tapped, I'll only believe it if i see him regularly directing traffic or he is appointed to the leadership group.

Anyway, the whole Andy Collins thing is an aside, a typical attempted gotcha side track to suggestions that the Hawks show the signs of being inexperiencedly coached.

Close wins are the best sort of wins for an inexperienced group, so they've done well the past fortnight.
Wrong again. Ratten is our head of coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course old mate, but you seemed disgruntled when that metric was used last year ITT.
Because development isn’t measured by wins, but I thought I’d talk in your language to make it easy for you.

These threads should really be renamed
Insert club where are they at? Like old times with reactionary posts.

Win win for a neutral today, stkilda in no man's land or this thread were getting a work out.
I don't know if today says more about Stkilda or Hawthorn tbh
Tbh I thought this was actually fair to ask at the time as it was a narrative being mentioned via afl media

What we have learnt is that purple (Barrett) is a dumbheck.

Back