Preview Hawthorn Team vs Port - Ins and Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Schoey, seems we are going small against them. Not a bad strategy if it rains as expected.

If you mean the 50% chance of 1mm of rain that is expected then sure.

Once again, like the West Coast game, it will be lost at selection.

Surely if a tall is out, you bring a tall in or is that being too logical?

I preferred Shhhh's ins. Can only think they have decided to not play an extra tall in the forward line (schoenmakers) because of the wet weather forecast for Sunday.

Peterson+Rough to be the talls i guess.

Really didn't think Ladson deserved the call up. Ozzy earned his after a good performance in his second week at box hill the week before, Laddo hasn't yet shown that he wants it.

The current regime don;t seem to mind. Plenty of blokes over the past 18 months have been awarded senior games for under-performing. That's what separates us from clubs like the Cats, at the moment.

Lol, it's amazing how that reasoning seems to fly over ppl's heads.

Lose a defender, bring in a defender... not a small crumbing forward (eg).

HJ, I'm still trying to understand the logic behind rewarding Ladson with a senior berth after several sub par performances for Box Hill. It would seem logic doesnt come into play at the selection table

I for one really hope shoey isnt the game day emergency and gets to play at box hill again, where he can continue to learn his trade as a key defender. From all reports he has been tearing it up, and the confidence and development to his game he is getting is absolutely invaluable, as i dont foresee too many games after this year when his services wont be required in the ones.

well... i hope it rains now... with that team we have put on...

geez... some unusual ins thats for sure...

ladson... i can't believe he got a reprieve... he has done NOTHING!

Shiels... he didn't even play last week for BH

SURELY MUSTON DESERVED ANOTHER GO!!! dammit... makes me even more fearful now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats because he was the match day emergency, maybe there was a late change possibility in the works. He had earnt that because the week before at Box Hill he had 30+ possessions, 16 tackles and a sausage roll.

did he really have 16 tackles???

hmmm i stand corrected! GO YOU GOOD THING!

our forward line is looking so small atm. we are gunna have to spread the load this week big time, with at least Roughy to kick 3. Could be a dull, low scoring affair, though happy they dropped Westhoff as our backs seem to struggle against talls. Surely with such a no name foward line the Power will struggle to over come our Hawks. Burgoyne against his old side, hope it doesnt fire up the Power..

our forward line is looking so small atm. we are gunna have to spread the load this week big time, with at least Roughy to kick 3. Could be a dull, low scoring affair, though happy they dropped Westhoff as our backs seem to struggle against talls. Surely with such a no name foward line the Power will struggle to over come our Hawks. Burgoyne against his old side, hope it doesnt fire up the Power..

Harsh, Ebert and Davenport are two pretty good forwards, and we know well Mots can go when he turns it on. Trengove and Stewy are raw ATM but have shown a lot of potential and I imagine Chad will be swung up forward to stretch your defense.

Anyway, good luck guys. :thumbsu: :)

Final team

B: Brent Guerra, Stephen Gilham, Thomas Murphy
HB: Grant Birchall, Luke Hodge, Ben Stratton
C: Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell, Clinton Young
HF: Chance Bateman, Jarryd Roughead, Michael Osborne
F: Cyril Rioli, Carl Peterson, Brendan Whitecross
Foll: Brent Renouf, Brad Sewell, Shaun Burgoyne
I/C: Xavier Ellis, Rick Ladson, Liam Shiels, Wayde Skipper
Emg: Garry Moss, Beau Muston, Ryan Schoenmakers

In: Bateman, Ladson, Shiels
Out: Campbell Brown (knee), Lance Franklin (susp), Rhan Hooper (hamstring)

...well I have to say that this side seems to contain all the usual suspects, just seems that the wrong guys ended up going in for interrogation.

The only way this side will be able to kick enough goals to win is if we can smuggle Buddy into the side disguised as Skipper.

We only need to claim Skipper nodded off in the solarium after training, then had an horrific mishap while bbq'ing sausages on Friday night. That should be a reasonable excuse for the long sleeves and mummified head look (note - a singed wig may also be required)

Buddy (I mean Skipper..) may also need to run with a slight stoop to look a little shorter, problem solved.....and dont forget to swap jumpers.

Can call him fine cotton Budds after that.

Pretty much a fact.

Leaves two options:
1) Try & make it work for us by keeping it low & trying to use pace; or

2) Deliver the ball high & in the air & let our 75kg 5'9 fleas get mauled by their 6'4 95kg backs...

Worked for carltank for a few weeks against far better teams than port (no offence meant there port fans).

None taken Brant

trust me, there is NO shame you can heap upon us our coach and players and board haven't brought upon us anyway

truly, don't rate our "hulking backs" too highly. we don't. carlisle goes to ground too easily. chaplin can play well. don't let him get too far up field he'll get 50 inside for us

Chad is just chad. chad by name chad by nature
expect 2 goals from free kicks and 1 goal from a chad turnover handballing it to kane

They will find another angry ant to follow him round then, they are still fuming at Alberton over Shaun leaving.

fuming? um, cosmo, no we're not

im sad he didnt take choco with him personally, and westhoff too

true, he had to go, unsettling at the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back