List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Cyril, Willsmore, Vickery, Heatherly, O'Rourke, Ceglar

In: Shiel, Amon, Scrimshaw, take 3 picks to the draft. Birchall back almost as good as a new recruit.

Rookie list a delisted ruck or tall for a year as insurance for injuries to Big Boy or Pitto.

That's my best case scenario for us going into next year.

Agree with the names above. Miles, Lovell and Duryea may also leave for more opportunities. Schoey is apparently staying.

Upgrading Cousins would use up one of our ND picks (I’m assuming we will do this). Hanrahan looks a keeper also. Not sure how the International rookie system works but Nash and Glass are both worth keeping. Do they need to be upgraded?

Maybe we pick up JOR as a rookie as midfield depth.

Ask youyself which club other than GWS would want Mummy?
Assuming he could get back to full fitness there would be a few clubs in need of a ruck.

Eagles could do with ruck cover until Natanui is back mid next year. $tains in a similar situation with Naismith . Geelol are desperate for a mongrel after Zac and Rhys turned out to be fairies. We also chased Mummy a few years ago and could do with a ready made backup for Big Boy if we trade Cegs

If we are rightly or wrongly still hanging on to hope re Gaff, ball bag Barrett reckons he has made his decision and will make it public after the West Coast B&F.
Of course he has and the fact Norf and the Eagles are in the dark makes me think he's going somewhere else. I just hope Abasi is wrong about the $tains.

They boarded the jet because the key people to meet were in noosa not just for a joy flight. Of course you would meet another party to listen to their offer. Stupid not to.

The jet is about carlton showing Shiel that there is another level of wealth out there that they can connect him to. Same pitch as Judd and Visy.

Either Shiel is a $$$ chaser like Judd or he sees through their afterlife promises and finds the right balance that works for him.

Just surprises me that people make their mind up about what he is going to do from the media speculation.
I'm lucky enough to have flown on what I'm almost certain is the exact jet they flew on if it's the Pratt family jet as I suspect it is.

It wouldn't take too much convincing to get someone to board that flight with leather sofas that rotate into full-length beds, any refreshments you want brought in by the captain and his co-pilot, and just the general swag factor of boarding a Gulfstream.

As he was a Blues fan as a kid he would never knock that flight down.
It wasn’t the Pratt’s jet - it was from Zac Fried (board member).

Point still stands though, I’m sure it was nice inside.
I stand to be corrected, but i've been told it was Morrie Fraid's jet and the trip was to visit Zac Fraid.

Zac is a Carltank board member.
His father (Ruben) & uncle (Morrie) founded the Spotlight chain. The family still owns the business & Zac and Morrie co-manage it.

Morrie bought a second-hand Bombardier Global Express (2009 model) about 2 years back. That is presumably the plane in question.

The Global Express is a very nice plane, but Dylan would have had to bend his neck to stand up inside; it's not exactly spacious. (It's what you might buy if you are a cost-conscious billionaire - first world problem.)

Dick Pratt used to have a Gulfstream IV, but switched to a
Global Express maybe 15 yrs back. Don't know whether Anthony Pratt has since upgraded.

Anyway, the Noosa trip was probably a thrill for a 25 year old. The fact we can debate which Carlolton supporter's private jet was used reinforces RR's point that it was about showing Dylan the wealth network they could connect him to.

Of course he has and the fact Norf and the Eagles are in the dark makes me think he's going somewhere else. I just hope Abasi is wrong about the $tains.

I have been trying to forget Abasi's post, and tried to pretend I never read it. But, I got this strange feeling that he might still be correct...

I stand to be corrected, but i've been told it was Morrie Fraid's jet and the trip was to visit Zac Fraid.

His father (Ruben) & uncle (Morrie) founded the Spotlight chain. The family still owns the business & Zac and Morrie co-manage it.

Morrie bought a second-hand Bombardier Global Express (2009 model) about 2 years back. That is presumably the plane in question.

The Global Express is a very nice plane, but Dylan would have had to bend his neck to stand up inside; it's not exactly spacious. (It's what you might buy if you are a cost-conscious billionaire - first world problem.)

Global Express maybe 15 yrs back. Don't know whether Anthony Pratt has since upgraded.

Anyway, the Noosa trip was probably a thrill for a 25 year old. The fact we can debate which Carlolton supporter's private jet was used reinforces RR's point that it was about showing Dylan the wealth network they could connect him to.

Zac has stepped down from the Carlton board after more than 10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

White collar criminals. Instead of working hard, they find new ways to be dodgy campaigners. You think they would have learnt after 20 years of failure that this method doesn’t work anymore

Assuming he could get back to full fitness there would be a few clubs in need of a ruck.

Eagles could do with ruck cover until Natanui is back mid next year. $tains in a similar situation with Naismith . Geelol are desperate for a mongrel after Zac and Rhys turned out to be fairies. We also chased Mummy a few years ago and could do with a ready made backup for Big Boy if we trade Cegs
Someone like Marc Pittonet perhaps?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the Giants BnF is tomorrow night as someone posted I cant see Shiel nominating before then.

Didn't McGovern say he wanted out of the Crows before attending their BnF?

How to deal with Shiel trade wait game:

1. Tell yourself, with a lot of conviction and belief, "Shiel is nothing special. Just another midfielder. It will make no difference if we get him or not."

2. If we don't land him, do step one religiously and add "I didn't care from the start. I told everyone on Bigfooty."

3. If we happen to land him then change perspective and say "Clarko and Writey know what they are doing. And the kid is a jet so speed can't hurt. Yeah I think he might go alright. Nah, he will flourish and reach his best with our development program. He will be a gun...a Brownlow medallist...a future captain...he will be a Hawthorn CHAMPION!!!"

The Pratts had three jets in their hangar at Essendon when I went in it.

Two short range and one larger jet that can fly to LA.

Your knowledge of the Frieds/Fraids and Pratts is very good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back