List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the private jet actually confirmed as happened? On the Age Realfooty podcast they said that they proposed doing this but ended up just meeting later in the week in Melbourne instead. Either way, he’s had 2 meetings with the Blues in a week, which doesn’t jive with the “just going through the motions” theory that some posters are certain of...

Absolutely. The pitch was early last week and then the final pitch in Noosa.

Why would you return for a round 2 meeting and bord a jet with your manager and head to Noosa??? That is not so you can sit in a leather seat and have a drink passed to you.

Anyway GWS have the best and fairest tonight so no chance we will hear anything before then unless he decides to announce he is staying a Giant.

I'm lucky enough to have flown on what I'm almost certain is the exact jet they flew on if it's the Pratt family jet as I suspect it is.

It wouldn't take too much convincing to get someone to board that flight with leather sofas that rotate into full-length beds, any refreshments you want brought in by the captain and his co-pilot, and just the general swag factor of boarding a Gulfstream.

As he was a Blues fan as a kid he would never knock that flight down.

How did the owl get on that ******* thing?

Re Scrimshaw.

I won’t pretend to know anything about him other than that he was an early pick 2 years ago. I either haven’t seen any of his 4 senior games or I have never noticed him. His trade value could not be high so he should come quite cheap.

That he has apparently struggled with professional footy to date needs to be considered in its context - he’s a kid, he’s been sent interstate where every club leader - Ablett Lynch and May - have proceeded to abandon the club in his two years. He has spent two years at the most unprofessional environment imaginable without any decent leadership. If he has been miserable and not enjoying himself and therefore not applying himself properly who could blame him?

Again I’ve never seen him play but if Wright rated him highly two years ago I Would be very supportive of getting him on board

Once again guys don’t stress too much, still haven’t heard anything different about shiel, so unless it’s a complete 180 degree turn overnight we are still his preferred destination. Also someone put up highlights of Amon cause he’s pretty much a done deal haha

I don't rate Amon. Who's position in the top 22 is he going to improve on?

Honestly a big Fat No.

He is another Impey. Runs at a million miles an hour and then murders it by foot because he is going too fast.
Might be more of a depth thing, don’t know what position he can play for us. Maybe a wing when Henderson is done. But my mail is he’s pretty much signed sealed delivered with us so we better get used to it haha

Might be more of a depth thing, don’t know what position he can play for us. Maybe a wing when Henderson is done. But my mail is he’s pretty much signed sealed delivered with us so we better get used to it haha
What's he costing?

whats this im hearing about Karl Amon, whats everyones thoughts...
Reckon they're looking for a deep forward pressure player to replace Poppy when his time is up. Has speed and is hard at it. Can turn it over by the looks of it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amon's 2017 seemed to be good.

Averaging 18+ touches but didn't kick on. Could be potential as he can clearly find it.

Why would you return for a round 2 meeting and bord a jet with your manager and head to Noosa???

I dunno, I seriously dunno.

Apart from Noosa being ******* awesome. You'd have to be a knuckle dragging ******* to knock it back.

You've lost it man.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I remember the first mentions of Impey last year were met with derision and disappointment. He played every game this year. If the recruitment team back Amon in, I’ll get around him.

2016 highlights for Amon, his last season without injury (I think)...

I like the fundamentals - running, ball drop ok, some nice moments.

Nothing amazing, but definitely something to work with.

Fair bit to like there!

I know it's 'highlights', but some real nice work in there & loves hitting a target inside 50m

I remember the first mentions of Impey last year were met with derision and disappointment. He played every game this year. If the recruitment team back Amon in, I’ll get around him.
Yup.

I didn't really know much about him.

Yup.

I didn't really know much about him.

I recall Wright or Clarko talking about how the list management team actively scout essentially every player in the competition. If we’ve targeted Amon there’s obviously something there we feel we can gain by bringing him in. Sometimes it doesn’t work (Vickery) other times maligned players are massively successful (Spangher). Happy to concede that our list management folk have a better eye for things than me - so if we go for Amon I’ll be keen to see what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back