List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 highlights for Amon, his last season without injury (I think)...

I like the fundamentals - running, ball drop ok, some nice moments.

Nothing amazing, but definitely something to work with.

Seems to run hard, attacks the ball well and looks a handy user of the ball from those highlights. A left footer is always useful too.

Will probably be a forward pressure player (Poppy/Cyril role). If Birchall comes back healthy it may allow he and Impey to both play forward. That would be some good leg speed and tackling pressure.

Is it a coincidence all the players we are linked with such as Shiel, Wingard, Scrimshaw and Amon are left footers? Or is Clarko going back to the blueprint of 2008?
I reckon we have been getting caught out with the right footers getting into trouble turning back into traffic.

I think we have a plan to replicate the good old days

Exactly, and as Abasi has pointed out, unless he's contracted then he goes into the draft like any other mature age player.

How do they just get Mumford again, as he's no longer on their list

They don't just get him. If Mumford wants to play again, he nominates for the draft like anyone else. They don't get dibs...

Not suggesting this would happen but Baggers could potentially do a deal with GWS (eg involving Shiel) where they nominate Mumford as part of their BS AFL assistance and trade him directly which would effectively bypass the draft

Not suggesting this would happen but Baggers could potentially do a deal with GWS (eg involving Shiel) where they nominate Mumford as part of their BS AFL assistance and trade him directly which would effectively bypass the draft
I may be wrong but I thought the assistance to the Blues and Suns required the player/s to have played last year in one of the 'secondary' comps ie not have had a year off and decided to come back.

It wasn’t the Pratt’s jet - it was from Zac Fried (board member).

Point still stands though, I’m sure it was nice inside.

Haha I worked for Zac a little while there, flew on that plane with him when I worked at Spotlight.

Unless something dramatic has happened Zac would have arranged the Pratt jet like he did that time at SPG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Cyril, Willsmore, Vickery, Heatherly, O'Rourke, Ceglar

In: Shiel, Amon, Scrimshaw, take 3 picks to the draft. Birchall back almost as good as a new recruit.

Rookie list a delisted ruck or tall for a year as insurance for injuries to Big Boy or Pitto.

That's my best case scenario for us going into next year.

Ask youyself which club other than GWS would want Mummy?

In: Shiel, Amon, Scrimshaw, take 3 picks to the draft. Birchall back almost as good as a new recruit.

Rookie list a delisted ruck or tall for a year as insurance for injuries to Big Boy or Pitto.

Hoping for another A grader coming in.

Ok by that you are keeping all of Duryea, Whitecross, Lovell, Shoey, Langas, Miles and TOB? Are there not some list cloggers amongst that group, esp the first 3? Time to get a bit more daring me thinks.

If we are rightly or wrongly still hanging on to hope re Gaff, ball bag Barrett reckons he has made his decision and will make it public after the West Coast B&F.

Ask youyself which club other than GWS would want Mummy?

shanemumford_ldb_aug3.jpg

Ok by that you are keeping all of Duryea, Whitecross, Lovell, Shoey, Langas, Miles and TOB? Are there not some list cloggers amongst that group, esp the first 3? Time to get a bit more daring me thinks.
A few of them could be used as steak knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back