List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole period has been really strange from us.

We hung around like a bad smell with Tom Lynch.

Whatever the feck happened with shiel was absolutely crazy and we got owned.

And this info comes out now.....

Are we a club caught in no mans land desperate to add stars from other clubs because we have this very very ambitious plan of winning flags and there is no way around it?

Not looking for friends or credibility. Just like to post facts whenever I have some info to share. Unfortunately if it’s not pro Hawthorn some get their knickers in a knot.

I do enjoy that you still think that it was due to not being a pro-Hawks narrative is why people got irked at you during your Lynch rants - and not because if someone dared to suggest they had different mail that you acted like a complete campaigner towards them as if they’d insulted your family.

Can someone paste the article pls.
Basically says Burton shattered, was told he wouldn't be traded now told he will be traded after Port said he's the only way it gets done and his manager will work on a deal.

Doesn't say where this supposed info is coming from just Hawks so desperate for Wingard that they've decided to get rid of Burton and maybe pick 15

Want Wingard but don’t want to lose Burton .

A few people sound very confident it won’t happen unless he asks or agrees for the trade , so I’m very happy to take that as being correct but also understanding these things can change quickly .

Certainly no lack of drama when we trade

God damn.

I could cop the news if Burton told the club, hey look once my contract is up im out sort of thing.. but to force this on him (if true) .. and give away our first pick with it.. its huge overs for Wingard, who has question marks.

Id rather keep burton and hit the draft, by a mile.

Hate this if true.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I do enjoy that you still think that it was due to not being a pro-Hawks narrative is why people got irked at you during your Lynch rants - and not because if someone dared to suggest they had different mail that you acted like a complete campaigner towards them as if they’d insulted your family.

Was very hard to watch what was being posted when i had a very close person to the source saying it was rubbish and he was going to be at Richmond and other clubs knew this a long way out. That’s all it was......

Tom was out of contract.

Gunston was out of contract and not established.

I'm hopeful it's a first and a second but itll probably be two firsts and we get a 2nd back.

Burton talk is nonsense. Hopefully haha

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think the negotiations will go like this:
Port will ask for pick 15 + Burton which we’ll decline.

Port will then ask for pick 15 + next years 1st and then we’ll counter with pick 15 + this and next years 2nd. If they refuse that then they’ll be suiting up 2019 with an unhappy Chad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This whole period has been really strange from us.

We hung around like a bad smell with Tom Lynch.

Whatever the feck happened with shiel was absolutely crazy and we got owned.

And this info comes out now.....

Are we a club caught in no mans land desperate to add stars from other clubs because we have this very very ambitious plan of winning flags and there is no way around it?
Got owned? We didn’t cough up two first rounders for exactly this reason. To have some trade currency.
If Shiel could’ve come for a first and say Ceglar the club would’ve done it.
They wanted to much and we walked mainly because this was in the works as well.

If this is true, Clarkson must believe Burton has some serious personality issues and that he doesn't fit in with Hawthorn.

I know I've heard jokes that Burton is the leader of the Ryan Burton fan club but surely it can't be that bad and this has to be false.

Journos get stuff wrong all the time but I don't believe they would go with something like this if there wasn't any truth to it.

I'm gutted if true, i will honestly think less of the club I've loved for so many years. I only get excited to watch Hawks games but Jesus this has me rethinking my love for it.

Was very hard to watch what was being posted when i had a very close person to the source saying it was rubbish and he was going to be at Richmond and other clubs knew this a long way out. That’s all it was......
Nah you were a dick about it, more than once

Basically says Burton shattered, was told he wouldn't be traded now told he will be traded after Port said he's the only way it gets done and his manager will work on a deal.

Doesn't say where this supposed info is coming from just Hawks so desperate for Wingard that they've decided to get rid of Burton and maybe pick 15

That’s disappointing from the club if true. Burton is better than that.

I know a lot of what comes out of the media in trade week is BS, especially when people are trying to be the first to report stories.

But the news is coming from several established sources now and gee, if we end up giving up more than Burton and a first round pick in a supposed super draft, that wouldn't sit well. Even if we gave up just that, I'd be a bit disappointed.

Any quotes from HFC or burton?

That’s disappointing from the club if true. Burton is better than that.
I don't for a second believe that it's going down as reported by the HUN, especially with no quotes or sources in the article at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back