Hawthorn - West Coasts bogey side

Remove this Banner Ad

YouTube. Its not great quality though but ok.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very good game of football this, just unfortunate that only one team had to lose.

Obviously having highly skilled players on both sides helps - but it me wonder how the changes in the 25 plus years since has moved the game away from something like this to what it is now.

not Richmond hehe

our bunnies, some interesting results

2008 - Round 20
Richmond 105
Hawthorn 76
(Hawthorns last loss before the flag)

2012 - Round 9
Richmond 137
Hawthorn 75
(Rebuilding Richmond demolish Hawthorn in their grand final year)

2013 - Round 19
Richmond 107
Hawthorn 66
(Hawthorns last loss before the premiership, a running joke at this stage, If Richmond defeat Hawthorn, Hawks winning the premiership)

2015 - Round 18
Richmond 71
Hawthorn 53
(Yet again another Hawthorn loss to Richmond in their premiership year).

And yes, Richmond haven’t lost to the Hawks since the Tigers have ascended to the top of the competition, including the 2018 QF Final victory, the first ever meeting between two clubs in a final...two clubs who’ve won 20 premierships combined out of a possibly 53, can you believe only met once in a final???
2012 particularly, and 2013, were genuine footballing lessons handed out.
I've generally put that unlikely run of results down to Dimma having been in Clarko's inner sanctum.
Was a real pity the Tiges just weren't quite good enough to get to meet the Hawks in one of those finals campaigns 2013-2015, would have been damned interesting.

Anyway, great thread, the Hawks really do cast a similar spell over the WCE, we are ever grateful for that last round boil over!

2012 particularly, and 2013, were genuine footballing lessons handed out.
I've generally put that unlikely run of results down to Dimma having been in Clarko's inner sanctum.

You don't think the fact that most of the wins where against a team already strongly wedged into top 4 against a team often desperately trying to make their way into the top 4 had anything to do with it? Given the results when that situation wasn't the case generally didn't flatter Richmond over that period, I think your explanation lies mostly there.

Was a real pity the Tiges just weren't quite good enough to get to meet the Hawks in one of those finals campaigns 2013-2015, would have been damned interesting.

Would have been a massacre. We are talking about a team that lost a final to nineth placed Carlton during that period. Walk in the park.

we have a certain amount of traction with our 'friendly' outward going cousins...
we direct our hyperbole to shut down the WCE...
WE have dun and dusted everything we can...

got a bit of time before the game gets started..

You don't think the fact that most of the wins where against a team already strongly wedged into top 4 against a team often desperately trying to make their way into the top 4 had anything to do with it? Given the results when that situation wasn't the case generally didn't flatter Richmond over that period, I think your explanation lies mostly there.

Would have been a massacre. We are talking about a team that lost a final to nineth placed Carlton during that period. Walk in the park.
Lol you can't play finals from ninth, silly! Carlton finished 8th of all non-systemically doping sides (which are understandably removed from the standings). And of course the Tiges have their own bogey teams, the Blues and North were two in that period (North still).

Would have been fascinating though, Hawks vs. Tigers, I'm thinking more a QF, I think we were an errant Bachar Houli kickout against Freo away from top 4 in 2015? Or was that 2013?

Lol you can't play finals from ninth, silly! Carlton finished 8th of all non-systemically doping sides (which are understandably removed from the standings). And of course the Tiges have their own bogey teams, the Blues and North were two in that period (North still).

Would have been fascinating though, Hawks vs. Tigers, I'm thinking more a QF, I think we were an errant Bachar Houli kickout against Freo away from top 4 in 2015? Or was that 2013?
Tiges will always be ninth.. let that be your entry point...

Probably 2013, although I'm not sure, as you lost to Freo by less than a kick both years, but you were both a game AND precentage behind 4th in 2015 I think, so it would have to be 2013 if you are blaming one kick for missing top 4. I'd prefer to blame your loss to Carlton in 2013 though. Only 3 rounds to go, so more directly playing for the 4th spot at that stage than when you lost much earlier in the year to Freo. Also it was Carlton.

Heady times for Richmond fans during that period , given their previous 35 years. Suddenly found that 5th was the new 9th, which was more excitement than they'd had for quite a while.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back