Hawthorn - West Coasts bogey side

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Beaten them in Melbourne consistently of late and beaten them in grand finals. Even after their woeful start last year the hawks knocked off the west coast. The grand final rematch in 2016, wins in Melbourne 2011, 12, 13, not sure about 2014. Whatever it is the Hawks certainly have the wood over West Coast in big games, and in matches outside of Perth. With the game at Etihad next weekend coming Hawthorn will back themselves to get back on track after a bad loss today and a close one to the swans the week before.

Hawks or West Coast for the win? I think Hawthorn can play the script of 2018 in producing a stunning upset putting the eagles momentum to a halt. West Coast were on a 8 game winning streak in 2005 then had an abrupt end at the hands of the pies.

edit - west coast's last win against the hawks in melbourne was in 2006. The year they won the flag. Maybe an omen should they get up!

Last edited:

On current form they’ll get two finals in WA first up and cruise to the GF. Hawks looking so so for finals at present. Most likely issue for them would be Richmond at the G.

Expect WC to roll them next week but even if they don’t it won’t halt their flag aspirations.

Beaten them in Melbourne consistently of late and beaten them in grand finals. Even after their woeful start last year the hawks knocked off the west coast. The grand final rematch in 2016, wins in Melbourne 2011, 12, 13, not sure about 2014. Whatever it is the Hawks certainly have the wood over West Coast in big games, and in matches outside of Perth. With the game at Etihad next weekend coming Hawthorn will back themselves to get back on track after a bad loss today and a close one to the swans the week before.

Hawks or West Coast for the win? I think Hawthorn can play the script of 2018 in producing a stunning upset putting the eagles momentum to a halt. West Coast were on a 8 game winning streak in 2005 then had an abrupt end at the hands of the pies.

edit - west coast's last win against the hawks in melbourne was in 2006. The year they won the flag. Maybe an omen should they get up!

A better performance had better show up next week, than the pathetic effort today.

West coast will beat hawthorn by 50+ next week. Their midfield, even without shuey is better than hawthorns, their backline and forward lines are a lot better than hawthorns. Hawthorn’s backline is bottom 4 in the afl and have to come up against Darling and Kennedy!!! Imagine being those two knowing you’re coming up against Kaiden brand and David mirra. Actually funny thinking about it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be fair, we do have 4 wins against them this decade, and have had to play them in Launceston a couple times.
the point is not in melbourne. I know you beat them 15, 16. 2012 at subi perhaps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well there you go.

Not a season to remember for Eagles fans obviously.
irrelevant. 2015 was and they beat you at Pattersons in round 17 or so and then got you again in the one that mattered, after you got them 3 weeks before. They played an extra week than you guys to.

You west coast fans are sensitive. Predict you may lose and the tears flow like red wine.

irrelevant. 2015 was and they beat you at Pattersons in round 17 or so and then got you again in the one that mattered, after you got them 3 weeks before. They played an extra week than you guys to.

You west coast fans are sensitive. Predict you may lose and the tears flow like red wine.

Lol I just meant that was probably why I had forgotten previous time we’d played them at Etihad?..

Lol I just meant that was probably why I had forgotten previous time we’d played them at Etihad?..
Haha. I'm just stirring anyway. Yeah it was a rare game and you actually did well considering the standards of both sides that year.

Good win today. I thought you'd get the chocolates quite handily. Won myself a few cartons in the process:cool:

Moved on haven't beaten anyone/can't beat Richmond, have you Macpotato?

It is true we haven't beaten Hawthorn in Melbourne since 2006, but we've only played them there 5 times since, plus one GF obviously.

Our recent record against them is pretty s**t in general, but they were a pretty handy side for the better part of a decade. Not really sure they're a bogey side when they're a top 4 side 6 years in a row. The last 5 matches are a 2-3 split. They kind of beat everyone in that period. Except Geelong.

Last year's loss was a disgrace. They were in horrendous form and we turned up a dog's breakfast of an effort. Need to improve on that this time around which I am confident we will. Given they just got smashed by Brisbane the laws of 2018 season say they'll probably beat us.

:think::think::think:

Moved on haven't beaten anyone/can't beat Richmond, have you Macpotato?

It is true we haven't beaten Hawthorn in Melbourne since 2006, but we've only played them there 5 times since, plus one GF obviously.

Our recent record against them is pretty s**t in general, but they were a pretty handy side for the better part of a decade. Not really sure they're a bogey side when they're a top 4 side 6 years in a row. The last 5 matches are a 2-3 split. They kind of beat everyone in that period. Except Geelong.

Last year's loss was a disgrace. They were in horrendous form and we turned up a dog's breakfast of an effort. Need to improve on that this time around which I am confident we will. Given they just got smashed by Brisbane the laws of 2018 season say they'll probably beat us.

Actually sunshine I predicted you would belt Richmond. In the thread that I made.

The rest of your post is good though. Stop unravelling your own good work by failing to take criticism like a man. You're an apprentice, on your way to becoming an outstanding citizen but not yet a champion.

The Earth is slow. But the Ox is patient.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back