Hawthorn - West Coasts bogey side

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent. Another challenge for the Eagles to rise to.

Confidence and momentum are wonderful things. As is the energy of youth.

Time for a West Coast Rioli show?

Actually sunshine I predicted you would belt Richmond. In the thread that I made.

The rest of your post is good though. Stop unravelling your own good work by failing to take criticism like a man. You're an apprentice, on your way to becoming an outstanding citizen but not yet a champion.

The Earth is slow. But the Ox is patient.

This post was going great. .....until you stuffed up the last bit getting it backwards!

Unless of course you meant to do that.......for some reason!:huh::think:

we are horribly inefficient, we will need 20+ more inside 50’s to even get close to them. Kennedy and darling will have an absolute field day against us

This post was going great. .....until you stuffed up the last bit getting it backwards!

Unless of course you meant to do that.......for some reason!:huh::think:
*! I'll never be a Jedi. Going to have to go back and train with Yoda { Malthouse }

Sydney is our bogey side
Not Hawthorn

And the Pies are our Vic bogey team

Yes, if you believe in these types of things in theory the Round 17 game against Collingwood is the tougher assignment as WC haven’t beaten Collingwood at the MCG in more than 20 years. Not sure this translates to reality though.

Sydney are our bogey side, not Hawthorn
We have played them 12 times since 2008, and they have won 10 of those matches (and of the 8 matches in Perth , they have won 6 of them )
Our overall head to head record against them is now a shocking 21-28

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have played them 12 times since 2008, and they have won 10 of those matches (and of the 8 matches in Perth , they have won 6 of them )
When you haven't beaten them away from home for 12 years, I'd say they are indeed a bogey side.

You beat Sydney away from home more recently than you have Hawthorn.

When you haven't beaten them away from home for 12 years, I'd say they are indeed a bogey side.
Sydney is our bogey team because they have beaten us regularly in Perth ie they truly have won *anywhere , anytime* against us , unlike Hawthorn who have won a few games against us in Perth but have still lost more games than they have won .

Sydney’s 6-2 record against us in Perth since 2008 to go with their 4-0 record against us in Sydney is the difference .

You beat Sydney away from home more recently than you have Hawthorn.
Our last away win against Sydney was in Round 1 2007 (so there isn’t much in it . Certainly not enough to offset the above )

Ummmm this won't be a pretty game for us
Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. How many times have people said that every week in the AFL? People have short memories.

Dons rolled us
Lions rolled Hawks
Pies win in Adelaide missing 9 players
Adelaide does the same in Sydney
Sydney does the same in Geelong
North beats Sydney in Sydney

I could go on. But I won't.

Last edited:
Hawks becoming like the dockers , we are their GF .
Technically was ours a few years ago

MCG ild back us 10/10 times

However as ive said, Literally a neutral ground. Both teams have played ethiad once this year, Ethiad is pretty close to Ethiad in terms of size. So i think the eagles honestly might play it a bit better then us.

Technically was ours a few years ago

MCG ild back us 10/10 times

However as ive said, Literally a neutral ground. Both teams have played ethiad once this year, Ethiad is pretty close to Ethiad in terms of size. So i think the eagles honestly might play it a bit better then us.
Inarguable logic

The two wins against them being in 2015 when Buddy was a late out and we were on fire, and last year in the middle of their 0-6 starting slump.

Based on the last 2 matches the losses were awful. WC are a great side this year.
As the game is at Etihad and WC play well there think Eagles win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back