Preview Hawthorne vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 04/08/18 @ 1.45PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the arrogance of the Hawke fans, when they win they were great, when they lose, they didn't turn up. The other team is never the better team, it's about them and their 'inconsistency'
The only time they aren’t sniffing each other’s farts, is when they’re bitching about us

Great emergencies, great bench, nearly great team, Woosha you can keep your job for another week, but, lose this one, you and Baggers are out of here.

Chuck another tall up forward and watch them bomb it long in there. I'd prefer not. Brown and Raz are both leading out beautifully and to encourage anything else seems to fly in the face of everything we did well second half against Swans. Plus we had 34 scoring shots! Good old Woosha ignoring the fans and going it alone as senior coach. Arrogant bastard. Interview on Sen yesterday was illuminating. He basically said they stayed he course after Carlton when we screamed for total change. Look where we are now. You'd think people would just accept they know what they are doing by now. He's coaching his pants off. We are winning plenty. Everyone is tipping us. Show some faith hey.

Chuck another tall up forward and watch them bomb it long in there. I'd prefer not. Brown and Raz are both leading out beautifully and to encourage anything else seems to fly in the face of everything we did well second half against Swans. Plus we had 34 scoring shots! Good old Woosha ignoring the fans and going it alone as senior coach. Arrogant bastard. Interview on Sen yesterday was illuminating. He basically said they stayed he course after Carlton when we screamed for total change. Look where we are now. You'd think people would just accept they know what they are doing by now. He's coaching his pants off. We are winning plenty. Everyone is tipping us. Show some faith hey.
Even Caro tipped us this week.. Who ever would have thought....

Hawthorn social media talking so much crap about Essendon. I've liked how focused we've been lately. We didn't get into the Sydney media circle last week either. Let the footy do the talking.

It would be so sweet to beat them up

Hawks have been playing good football. This game has a similar feel to it as when we played Collingwood. The Pies and Hawks are both flat trackers, easily accounting for teams below them and struggle against sides in the 8.

We had a similar feeling of optimism when we played the Pies and fell short. But we have some quality Ins compared to that game (Zaharakis, Fantasia and Francis).

If we are going to redeem ourselves from the Elimination Final humiliation, this is the game to do it in. Our backs are to the wall, lose and we miss finals. This game is our final.

Hope the Dons are as good as we think (hope) and they are up for this game.

Great for our young guys to get the experience of being in a game like this (Francis, Langford, Parish, Guelfi, McGrath).

Awesome achievement by Merrett. Only 22yo and already playing his 100th.

Last edited:
I'm with that poser Dermie actually. Happy if we don't quiet make it so long as we smack up the dorks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a similar feeling of optimism when we played the Pies and fell short. But we have some quality Ins compared to that game (Zaharakis, Fantasia and Francis

We did lose Ambrose early and Myers and Stringer couldn’t run out the last quarter or so in Pies game.

I know players dont always play where they are selected but I find it comical Baguley has been listed as our CHF.
Sure - Baguley has been in decent form - but hes spent most of his career as a back pocket and more recently as a forward pocket. But CHF...??? Comon Woosha...!!
If he did play CHF current team match ups see him playing on the Hawks CHB - Kaiden Brand.
Brand is 198cm & 96kgs, Baguley 178cm & 81kgs. Brand would have a 20cm height & 15kg weight advantage on Baguley...now that sure would be an interesting match up...!!!

I know players dont always play where they are selected but I find it comical Baguley has been listed as our CHF.
Sure - Baguley has been in decent form - but hes spent most of his career as a back pocket and more recently as a forward pocket. But CHF...??? Comon Woosha...!!
If he did play CHF current team match ups see him playing on the Hawks CHB - Kaiden Brand.
Brand is 198cm & 96kgs, Baguley 178cm & 81kgs. Brand would have a 20cm height & 15kg weight advantage on Baguley...now that sure would be an interesting match up...!!!

You probably should have just stopped and read the first part of your first sentence before going on, the rest then would be not necessary.

If Alwyn can play CHF bags can.

im torn, its a hawk home game, I don't want to give them scumbags any of my cash...

might have to get one of my old collected pass outs from 1997 - or maybe scan in on a child's ticket.. ill begrudgingly give them a fiver
They pretend that they have over 80,000 supporters (12%) more that us, but their attendances are always 33% less than Essendon.

Go figure.

We dont ever list the team correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back