Rumour Hine offered 5 year deal by Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully this puts a rocket up the clubs arse and gets them to bolster our reportedly under resourced recruiting dept. But knowing the club, they'll let one of the better recruiters in the league walk to greener pastures and nothing will change on our end...

If it happened, rest assured that Rendell would step up to the main role and no one would replace anyone else.

If it is then he must be shown the door right now so he can take no more "secrets" with him.
Damage would already be done. Just got to take him out of our final decision making.

Helped deliver a very young premiership side which the new coach wanted to dismantle in an era where all the good early picks were taken by expansion clubs.

Hine is not the problem
Yes he wanted the party pies to all go out on the toot after a flag and ruin their bodies.
He wanted Daisy Harry Dawes and Wellers to be physically shot, Shaw to throw away finals games and Jolly Ball Didak and Leon too old to play on.
He wanted the highest injury rate of any club over the last 5 years.

It's all the mad crazy coach's fault for dismantling the premiership team with it's one trick forward press worked out by the rest of the competition! :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The amount of gems has dried up in recent times and we've had too many misses with 1st round draft picks

I think our drafting for 2016, on what we've seen to date, has been as good as any in recent years. Sier aside, who will take time, all of Smith, Crocker, Phillips and Wills appear to have great potential, and may be best 22 players in coming years. Golds is a bust, but cost us minimal, and Wyatt is worth continuing the experiment. The four players cited above were all low draft picks or rookies. I'd say Hine did very well with them.

The amount of gems has dried up in recent times and we've had too many misses with 1st round draft picks
Agree, I'll admit I was a fanboy of Hine. But recently there's been too many misses. Gets a free ride from many on here.

In TD's bums defense I have heard the Tigers have offered him five years and plenty of $...........so his bum "might" be onto something! :)

I think our drafting for 2016, on what we've seen to date, has been as good as any in recent years. Sier aside, who will take time, all of Smith, Crocker, Phillips and Wills appear to have great potential, and may be best 22 players in coming years. Golds is a bust, but cost us minimal, and Wyatt is worth continuing the experiment. The four players cited above were all low draft picks or rookies. I'd say Hine did very well with them.

Way way too early to talk about 2016.

Crocker might be a handy mid forward player like Maine or he could be a bust

Wills could be a handy inside mid like a taller Blair or he could be a bust

Sier.. well he hasn't show he is AFL capable to this point.

Smith obviously is a good pick up.

Can't praise the draft yet, Smith could be the only one remaining in 4 years or they could all be 150 gamers...

2016 draft - treloar and howe, aish plus smith, wills, crocker, phillips. We are in great shape.

New recruits 2017, swan, Elliot, Langdon, sharenberg and Ramsey.

I'm quietly confident that Keefe and Thomas will play there hearts out next year. Our best side bats really deep.

We are in a position to trade a ruckman in witts , key forward in Cloke/Cox or key back in frost/brown. Plus have surplus defenders in goldy and Toovey. Think we will see us looking for draft picks.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see some more gws jets come to the pies to join treloar and adams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back