Hird Voss Buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RWB83 said:
What's with the obsession with Nathan Buckley? He has been a good player in an ordinary side. Voss and Hird have been great players in great sides.

No.

He has been the most consistent footballer in VFL/AFL history. He has played consistently since his debut with the Brisbane Bears.

The fact that he did it with a struggling side makes it even better. Anyone can play consistent when they have other great players around them.

Paddywackers said:
Buckley is the better of the three. Hird and Voss have been overrated over their careers. In particular Hird.

How could anyone with as much respect, courage, skill and inspiration be called overrated? Hird is and always will be one of the greats

Hird is the best with one hand and one leg tied behind his back. Like the guy said before, if he did'nt get injured he would of been THE greatest player of all time. He is the best i've seen. Better than Carey, Ablett, Lockett, Dunstall, HE IS THE BEST PLAYER FORM THE 90'S ONWARDS.

the only aspect that buckley falls short of either two is in categories related to team achievement, and the fact that he plays for collingwood!

every individual aspect he is at least break even if not ahead of voss & hird

All are great players, champions of the game, just a rung below Sir Robert Harvey ;)

In all seriousness, if I had to rate those 3 players due to how they scared me when my team played them it would go: Buckley>Hird>Voss.
Buckley is a very damaging midfielder and is maybe a little underrated on these boards due to the team he plays for. Hird is a freak and Voss is a monster. Hard to seperate but Bucks just absolutely murders us where the others just kick us in the guts. I also think that Buckley showed late this season that he can be just as effective as the others when sent forward aswell. He is versitile.

Basically, if you took Voss out of those dominate Lions teams and replaced him with Buckley would they have still won 3 flags?? In my opinion yes, they were that good. Could make the same argument with the 2000 Bombers.
But if you replaced Buckley with either of Voss or Hird in the pies would they have pinched a flag??

Paddywackers said:
This is propoganda that has been perpetuated by people. Buckley by foot is the most damaging player the I have seen. I have never seen anyone pip point a guy 60 metres away with such regularity. Does Hird do that? No!

Propoganda perpetuated by people !!! is there any other kind ???

And if Buckley is such a pin point passer how come Collingwood don't kick goals , is it that he pin points Tarrant , Rocca or Dud-ak on the chest 60 metres from goal out on the wing ? or is he pin pointing mid-fielders from the half back flank . Buckley plays behind the ball getting cheap positions by backing the opposition to win the ball .

One other thing if Buckley plays in such a poor side then Pie supporters that surely devalues all those B&F you drag into every discussion.

HIRD BY A COUNTRY MILE. He is the only player in the AFL that can do some frekish stuff, that is impossible. THE ONLY PLAYER!!! BAH NONE!

Hird>Voss>Buckley.
All great players. We have been lucky to have seen these guys in their prime.

gosaints said:
All are great players, champions of the game, just a rung below Sir Robert Harvey ;)

In all seriousness, if I had to rate those 3 players due to how they scared me when my team played them it would go: Buckley>Hird>Voss.
Buckley is a very damaging midfielder and is maybe a little underrated on these boards due to the team he plays for. Hird is a freak and Voss is a monster. Hard to seperate but Bucks just absolutely murders us where the others just kick us in the guts. I also think that Buckley showed late this season that he can be just as effective as the others when sent forward aswell. He is versitile.

Basically, if you took Voss out of those dominate Lions teams and replaced him with Buckley would they have still won 3 flags?? In my opinion yes, they were that good. Could make the same argument with the 2000 Bombers.
But if you replaced Buckley with either of Voss or Hird in the pies would they have pinched a flag??
wow

cant beleive my eyes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pie 4 Life said:
Nathan Buckley

Aggreed. Nathan Buckley has got to be the best player to play since wayne carey ... IMO by a long way..... he is very influential has a lethal kick and carries the ball...

Aaron Keating is better than Nathan Buckley. He won a Premiership Medal :rolleyes:

Hird > Buckley > Harvey > Voss

Voss is simply there because as a player I rate him there. Voss is a great leader, but not as good as those 3 as a player.

Buckley>Hird>Voss.

Buckley is better then both, yet people will constantly bag him because he is COLLINGWOOD! A pretty petty reason to continute to underrate a champion. He has done more then Voss & Hird, except for the premiership. That is soemthing one man cannot control.

Johnson#26 said:
Buckley>Hird>Voss.

Buckley is better then both, yet people will constantly bag him because he is COLLINGWOOD! A pretty petty reason to continute to underrate a champion. He has done more then Voss & Hird, except for the premiership. That is soemthing one man cannot control.
I agree

Done to death board.

Bucks has played more good football than both the others, by a long way. Ultra fit, and ultra consistent.

Voss is the best captain of the three, by a long way. He also lifts for the matchwinning moments, which is almost as good as being 100% consistent.

Hirds best is better than the other two, by a fair way. If he had a better run with injuires/was more consistent he'd be clearly the best.

We're lucky to see them all in the one era. All of them have done great things.

Alexis Logan said:
Hird is the best with one hand and one leg tied behind his back. Like the guy said before, if he did'nt get injured he would of been THE greatest player of all time. He is the best i've seen. Better than Carey, Ablett, Lockett, Dunstall, HE IS THE BEST PLAYER FORM THE 90'S ONWARDS.

Alexis Logan said:
HIRD BY A COUNTRY MILE. He is the only player in the AFL that can do some frekish stuff, that is impossible. THE ONLY PLAYER!!! BAH NONE!

lol Luke had a sex change

but seriously, who let her off her leash? :rolleyes:

Cyclops said:
Done to death board.

Bucks has played more good football than both the others, by a long way. Ultra fit, and ultra consistent.

Voss is the best captain of the three, by a long way. He also lifts for the matchwinning moments, which is almost as good as being 100% consistent.

Hirds best is better than the other two, by a fair way. If he had a better run with injuires/was more consistent he'd be clearly the best.

We're lucky to see them all in the one era. All of them have done great things.
reckon that pretty much sums it up

hirds best may be more brilliant, but unfortunately he was unable to produce as much as buckley

voss is courageous & the best leader, but not the best player he has an aura about him because he was the captain of the best team going around

harvey would be ahead of buckley, but buckley is a much more damaging & penetrating kick......so he still sits in front of harvs

hird = magical
Bucks = consistant star
Voss = animal.

Hirdy can do the unbelievable, bucks is great at what he can do but his game is limited, he's very conventional (the best at it though) he's the most polished player in the league. voss is an animal. luv to watch him play, he's got a killer handball amazing under pressure..

I think hirdy is the best, the things he can do defy logic. injury prone, but i'd much rather watch him than buckley..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back