Premiership Player
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Where do people stand on this?
Similar approach to the game.Amazing leaders, premierships, huge amount of games, tough and I think the two picks for best captains in my time.

This is hard to say but I give the medal to the Voss by a very slight margin. Voss has that overhead ability and the ability to kick it 70, both couldn’t split in terms of toughness and ability to lead.

Voss

289 games 245 goals
Brownlow
3 premierships
5 all Australians

Selwood

355 games 175 goals
4 premierships
6 All Australians

Sorry to my Geelong supporters I love Selwood.

Voss was pretty widely (and rightfully) considered the best player in the game during his time.

Selwood, as good as he has been, has mostly sat around the 10-15 bracket and never really had any season where he was considered the best in the comp (let alone over an extended period like Voss).

Selwood was a champion but it's Voss comfortably.

Voss was pretty widely (and rightfully) considered the best player in the game during his time.

Selwood, as good as he has been, has mostly sat around the 10-15 bracket and never really had any season where he was considered the best in the comp (let alone over an extended period like Voss).

Selwood was a champion but it's Voss comfortably.
In 2013 he was close but every other year he probably wasn't top 5

Voss had everything bar a sense of direction.

I would agree that they are amongst a very short list of the best captains of the last 25 years. I know I'm a Hawthorn supporter, but I'd add Luke Hodge to complete the trio. All 3 at the top of the pile and tough to split from a captaincy perspective.
I know Nick Riewoldt and Scott Pendlebury won 0 flags as captain but I still take them before Cotchin

I know Nick Riewoldt and Scott Pendlebury won 0 flags as captain but I still take them before Cotchin
lol, no one mentioned Cotchin, glad to see there's no bias on your part.:rolleyes:

No comparison between Voss and Selwood IMO, one flag as captain versus a threepeat, Voss was a truly legendary player Selwood was very good but not a legendary player, both were very tough no doubt but just not in the same league as Captains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's because you've been RATTLED by Tiger posters. While Trent is def in the conversation he wasn't part of this thread. Until now that is.

Don't mention the war.

You started it.

image.jpg

Back