Historical rape allegation against the Attorney-General Christian Porter

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody noticed any news on whether there will be a Coroner's Inquiry and if the police have finished their investigations yet?

From nearly 11 months ago, and what looks like might have been the last the main stream media reported on it (that is still up on the internet as of today).

'Samantha Maiden
November 10, 2021 - 5:31PM

Samantha Maiden: Why we may never get answers about the suicide of Kate, the woman who accused Christian Porter of rape

SA Police are investigating the tragic suicide of Kate, who had accused Christian Porter of rape – but what they reveal may depend on one man, writes Samantha Maiden.

For many months now, the South Australian police have been quietly and diligently working away on a coronial investigation.

They’ve spoken to more than 100 people according to those that have had contact with the investigating officer.

They include an Adelaide woman’s friends, family and colleagues. They’ve taken dozens of statements, although the police won’t provide details of how many.

It’s been an extremely thorough investigation by all accounts.
it remains unclear how much of this investigation will ever see the light of the day.

.... How much the public gets to learn about what Mr Hooke does or doesn’t know, is now a matter for the SA coroner.'

From nearly 11 months ago, and what looks like might have been the last the main stream media reported on it (that is still up on the internet as of today).

'Samantha Maiden
November 10, 2021 - 5:31PM

Samantha Maiden: Why we may never get answers about the suicide of Kate, the woman who accused Christian Porter of rape

SA Police are investigating the tragic suicide of Kate, who had accused Christian Porter of rape – but what they reveal may depend on one man, writes Samantha Maiden.

For many months now, the South Australian police have been quietly and diligently working away on a coronial investigation.

They’ve spoken to more than 100 people according to those that have had contact with the investigating officer.

They include an Adelaide woman’s friends, family and colleagues. They’ve taken dozens of statements, although the police won’t provide details of how many.

It’s been an extremely thorough investigation by all accounts.
it remains unclear how much of this investigation will ever see the light of the day.

.... How much the public gets to learn about what Mr Hooke does or doesn’t know, is now a matter for the SA coroner.'

Thanks for that. It went too quiet, just like it was supposed to I guess when Porter stepped down.

Last edited:
The Aussie government is a corporation (or a collection of corporations). It's not above the law... or shouldn't be.
No, of course not, but Australian law should work in the interest of Australia the State and Australians. I (and IMO many, many others) would argue that forcing the State to give $300,000,000,000 to one man is in the interests of neither.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As noted I said I needed more info of Porters actions. My concern is as AG there could be insider knowledge of this case from the Australian Government side.

As noted it will be interesting if this is an issue

The letter was sent one day after the federal attorney general, Christian Porter, said “it would be highly unusual if the commonwealth didn’t intervene” in the case.

Porter was making the point on Friday that the WA litigation would continue with or without the commonwealth’s involvement. He told reporters the commonwealth had intervened in the WA court case “to assist the court” and was “trying to put a moderate middle ground here”.

Porter had argued that “the harder and more uncompromising and the [state] border approach, the more risk there is that it will be found unconstitutional”.

No, of course not, but Australian law should work in the interest of Australia the State and Australians. I (and IMO many, many others) would argue that forcing the State to give $300,000,000,000 to one man is in the interests of neither.
Is it lawful is the question, not whatever you might want it to be.

As noted I said I needed more info of Porters actions. My concern is as AG there could be insider knowledge of this case from the Australian Government side.

As noted it will be interesting if this is an issue

The letter was sent one day after the federal attorney general, Christian Porter, said “it would be highly unusual if the commonwealth didn’t intervene” in the case.

Porter was making the point on Friday that the WA litigation would continue with or without the commonwealth’s involvement. He told reporters the commonwealth had intervened in the WA court case “to assist the court” and was “trying to put a moderate middle ground here”.

Porter had argued that “the harder and more uncompromising and the [state] border approach, the more risk there is that it will be found unconstitutional”.
Link?

Is it lawful is the question, not whatever you might want it to be.
No, that's not correct. The law is dynamic. It should serve the people and the state. We live in a democracy. If a law harms the people and/or the state or should be repealed, not left in to be abused and cause harm. You might think a law that allows Fatty to sue us for $300,000,000 is sound but I guarantee you're in the minority. And as a democracy, majority rules. He won't get our money, the law will be repealed or legislation introduced to block him. Sorry.

No, that's not correct. The law is dynamic. It should serve the people and the state. We live in a democracy. If a law harms the people and/or the state or should be repealed, not left in to be abused and cause harm. You might think a law that allows Fatty to sue us for $300,000,000 is sound but I guarantee you're in the minority. And as a democracy, majority rules. He won't get our money, the law will be repealed or legislation introduced to block him. Sorry.

You really do believe the law changes based on what you want it to be.
I'm no fan of Palmer either & it makes no difference here. Whether or not the majority dont like the bloke is irrelevant.
The law of the day applies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back