Hottest 100 2017 voting/predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

When looking in by bet slip almost all of the #BYO bets now say ****do not use****. Does anyone know if sportsbet will still pay out on these bets?

I think it’s just because the bets got moved to a different price bracket. They almost certainly have to pay out as all those markets still exist but just at shorter odds. IMO it’s no different to finding a horse at long odds and crunching it in.

I might have to stop soon though haha it’s crazy how tempting all these BYO markets are. I’ve got $50 on Gang of Youths Blood to finish top 50 for a $400 return, and if it bombs then the $50 on Go Bang > Rockstar will cover the stake and then some. :thumbsu:

4 Gang Of Youths Songs in the top 50 is at 3.50. Assuming that would include their Blood LAV?
there is one for 4 GOY songs inside the top 50.
you are basically betting will Blood (best song of the year) to come in the top 50. @$3.50
the other 3 songs are a lock.
I put money on it.
hopeful.

$8 for a GoY like a version to make top 50

So they can ban you if you’re putting too many bets on?

They will usually limit or cut off your betting on a particular event with the reasoning that you have reached the bookmaker's maximum liability for that event. The bookmaker's max liability will vary per customer. People that have won big in the past will have tight betting limits and people that have lost big will have big betting limits. Also, If you come out of the blue and start betting on over 20 different things on the hottest 100 they probably know you have at least analysed the stats so will limit your bets incase they lose big on you.

yep. ive been a bit carried away with betting on this. probably for the best.
some of those markets were crazy good odds though.
ive got a few thousand on it and have snagged a few good roughies so it will make for a fun day.

When looking in by bet slip almost all of the #BYO bets now say ****do not use****. Does anyone know if sportsbet will still pay out on these bets?
I wouldn't be worried about that Skip. It just means they've moved the bet to a different BYO on the site (because the price has changed dramatically). If they have taken a bet down altogether (and I have a couple of those) it just means they aren't taking any more bets on that particular market. Unless they void your bet and refund your money before the event takes place (and they need a valid reason) your bet will stand.

Interesting that they've taken down the HEAD to HEAD markets on the Gang of Youths battle (Deepest Sighs vs Let me Down Easy).

What's everyone hoping for the most to have a big day? Vera Blue two songs in the Top 35 would be perfect for me

What's everyone hoping for the most to have a big day? Vera Blue two songs in the Top 35 would be perfect for me
On a non-gambling related hope, I'd like to see Baker Boy crack the Top 10 and a second Royal Blood song get into the 100 (preferably Hook, Line & Sinker).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a non-gambling related hope, I'd like to see Baker Boy crack the Top 10 and a second Royal Blood song get into the 100 (preferably Hook, Line & Sinker).
Pretty sure songs like Sally and Birthdays won't be in the 10 and SWEET is a bit borderline top 10 too, so Marryuna should be in with a very good chance for top 10 imo. I'd imagine he is the kind of artist that will get a lot of fan support votes too.

Edit: my comment is based on the current warm tunas list.

Last edited:

Yeah sorry how it sort of degenerated onto a punting thread. Rest assured we’ll be talking music come Saturday.

I would love to see Alex Lahey snag a spot in the top 10, however unlikely. Her album came out in October and finished top 10 in the listeners poll though, so she might have a chance!

One final thing re Sportsbet - they must have realised something because the max bets on all the large BYO chances are between like $5 and $8

Yeah sorry how it sort of degenerated onto a punting thread. Rest assured we’ll be talking music come Saturday.

I would love to see Alex Lahey snag a spot in the top 10, however unlikely. Her album came out in October and finished top 10 in the listeners poll though, so she might have a chance!

One final thing re Sportsbet - they must have realised something because the max bets on all the large BYO chances are between like $5 and $8

i thought thats what it was from the start thats why i came here lol. :D

I'd also like to see Baker Boy get up, especially considering all the commotion surrounding the change of date.

In regards to betting, I'm probably most intrigued to see what happens with Big Shaq.

What's everyone hoping for the most to have a big day?

I will be looking forward to seeing how deep in the countdown Feel It Still actually gets and of course not knowing which song will be played first from the top 3 of green light, HUMBLE and Let Me Down Easy.

I remember when hoops won they played the language warning before king kunta, interesting to see if they do that again for HUMBLE and I guess there is a bit of language in Let Me Down Easy too. They should have for the top 3 "The next songs may contain Explict Lyrics" or something cause I don't want to know who wins on a language warning again haha.

I'd like Legend Has It by Run The Jewels to sneak into the 100 but feel like it's not going to quite happen.

Tired Lion having two entries would be nice.

I hope Big Shaq does make it coz it'll make for good fun at gatherings.

Two top 20 songs for Alex Lahey would be great. Just a shame it doesn't look like Lotto in Reverse looks anywhere near the 100, let alone 200, as that's a personal favourite of mine.

And I'm of the opinion that Like a Version songs should not be eligible for the countdown so minimal of those would be great.

Pretty sure songs like Sally and Birthdays won't be in the 10 and SWEET is a bit borderline top 10 too, so Marryuna should be in with a very good chance for top 10 imo. I'd imagine he is the kind of artist that will get a lot of fan support votes too.

I can see why Birthdays could slide because of TSSB's style not being for everyone but why Sally? I think Sally completely crossed over to the mainstream and I was made aware of it by my commercial radio listening partner who said "tell me you've heard this song before?" when I first heard it and had a blank look on my face. Simple beat, catchy chorus, no Hilltop Hoods album to take away the Aussie hip-hop fan votes.

I wonder if Ubu by Methyl Ethel could be a victim to slide a little down from where Warm Tunas has it because the casual voter simply won't recognise it since it's not called "why'd you have to go and cut your hair?". Probably still top 10 though.

if youre basing it on current warm tunas list...

for Lorde to win it will need people to have voted for it at 100% more frequency than they have so far in the warm tunas count. even after 3% of votes have been counted.

currently 600, needed 1200 to be leading.

thats a big call. interested to see. but i doubt it based on stats.

if youre basing it on current warm tunas list...

for Lorde to win it will need people to have voted for it at 100% more frequency than they have so far in the warm tunas count. even after 3% of votes have been counted.

currently 600, needed 1200 to be leading.

thats a big call. interested to see. but i doubt it based on stats.

like ive seen mainstream songs songs jump around 30% on the day (hilltop hoods last year from 6th to 4th etc.) but never 100%... ?

like ive seen mainstream songs songs jump around 30% on the day (hilltop hoods last year from 6th to 4th etc.) but never 100%... ?
It was a while ago but Royals by Lorde went from a predicted 8th to 2nd in that year (or something like that) so she has form.

The Bean Counters have released their final tally.

https://beancounters100.com/2018/01/25/bean-counters-top-200-final-update-25-01-2018/

So it's looking a bit like this

Agreed on by Warm Tunas & Bean Counters
1 - Humble
2 - The Deepest Sighs
3 - Let Me Down Easy
4 - Ubu

Between 5-10
Go Bang, Chateau, Sweet, Green Light, Birthdays, Sally

It's interesting to see that the top 10s are exactly the same but just in a different order. Bean Counters have Green Light in #5 as compared to Warm Tunas at #8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back