Houston, we have a problem with Robo Debt...

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Robodebt: government abandons key part of debt recovery scheme in major overhaul
The department of human services says it will review all existing alleged debts and freeze current debt recovery pending the review

But we can trust Stuart "Big Internet Bills" Robert, a ****ed up Christian like ScoMo?

Note that this scumbag piece of filth did not say that they would no longer be using unsuitable ATO averaging.

The whole thing's a bloody disgrace. Automated machine harassment of some of the most vulnerable in society.

Someone has to pay for the Welfare for the Wealthy, and as per the LNP way, it's always the less fortunate. (Christians, my arse!)

Christ , just imagine the reaction from CERTAIN SECTIONS of the media had this happened under a Labor govt.............................................................................................................................

Last edited:
Chrsit , just imagine the reaction from CERTAIN SECTIONS of the media had this happened under a Labor govt.............................................................................................................................
If we held the Libs to the same standards that we demand of Labor Bill Shorten would be PM now.

"(Brian) Houston, we have a problem with Robo Debt being rectified. Less money in the kitty. Maybe less tithing going on..."

d_grjq2uyaabrje.jpg

258545-ae1a04c0-4f6a-11e4-b38f-929a0c2afa78.jpg

"Scott, do you remember the last time the Lord was displeased with you? On thy road to Endagine?"

Who votes that the LNP have seen the error of their ways and decided to pull their head out of Rupert's arse?

Who votes that the LNP have read the tea leaves and don't want Labor to get the kudos from the inevitable success of the class action?

Who votes that the LNP have seen the error of their ways and decided to pull their head out of Rupert's arse?

Who votes that the LNP have read the tea leaves and don't want Labor to get the kudos from the inevitable success of the class action?
The latter

Yeah, definitely the latter. Pity we're still so far back in the federal election cycle...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we held the Libs to the same standards that we demand of Labor Bill Shorten would be PM now.
If he hadn't thought that he already had the election in the bag before the people even went to the polls he would be PM right now.

I mean you expect it from the s**t for brains pom pom wavers but Bill needed to be smarter than that!

Nah, the top 10% of working age people pay over 50% of all the income tax.
According to my calculations (done quickly and roughly I will admit) from 2016/17 https://data.gov.au/data/dataset/ta...?view_id=4015ec18-df71-4e87-8a77-be948da03a47

The top 10% earn 30.6% of total income and pay 44.4% of income tax.

Then you factor in it's the top 10% most likely to have assets which continue to increase in value, own profitable companies, and the share of GST paid is flatter than income tax.

I think the top 10% will be just fine without the faux tears shed on these forums for them.

Language is important. The top 31% of income earned pays 44% of income tax. Doesn't sound like such a raving injustice now does it? They've gone from paying 500% more tax, to 50% more tax... Just lost 90% of their victimhood status in one foul swoop. And if it were such an injustice, we would see these high earners voluntarily distributing their income to lower earners. But we don't see that do we now?

Last edited:
The threatening nature of the Robodebt letters meant many - particularly the elderly - just coughed up assuming they had been overpaid on something.

Anecdotal evidence, but I remember my Dad fuming when his brother got caught up in this s**t a few years back. Now I wouldn't consider him vulnerable, but he is constantly cash poor* and copped for $2,500 which ultimately found to be incorrect. The timing was poor as he was going through a minor medical issue so just paid it to get them off his back, even though it wiped his bank balance right out at the time. In the end, according to my old man, it took a year or so, half a dozen letters, twice as many calls and trips to centrelink to get his money back.

Not what you want to be dealing with in your mid to late 60's. Just a palaver really, and I imagine that was on the less stressful scale of what this did to many people.

Cheers LNP. Yet another * up in the proliferating list.

* albeit asset rich due to ownership of his house, which he is understandably reluctant to give up, although with advancing age will probably have to bite the bullet soon.

If he hadn't thought that he already had the election in the bag before the people even went to the polls he would be PM right now.

I mean you expect it from the s**t for brains pom pom wavers but Bill needed to be smarter than that!
Missed that in the review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back