How many current GWS players will be there Rnd 1 2012?

Remove this Banner Ad

bballscout

Cancelled
Apr 22, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Dont know alot about the current team. Who will be there in AFL 2012 Round 1?

Ones that spring to mind are Giles, Clifton, Folau but who else? Who are the most promising rookies?

Also what type of mature age players are you targeting from other AFL Clubs? Big bodied backmen a must!

Very good question!

I'd say definitely most if not all of the twelve 17 year olds they signed last year (Shiel,Treloar,Hombsch,Cameron etc.) and Curtly Hampton.

Out of the rookies I think Phillips and Cooyou are a chance (2 rookies have already left Stevens and Savage).

All the 17 year old's - they get signed to a minimum two year contract to give them the certainty to move at a younger age than the norm.

I'd suspect the zone selections will all be there as well but after that, no idea at this stage of the year. It'd also depend on who we pick up in the draft.

Good question..
I think the Giants will retain 85% of their current squad, but will aslo poach 6-8 current AFL players and get 8-10 kids in the national draft.. Perhaps not those figures exactly, but in that ballpark.
So I am expecting that out of the starting 22 for the Giants in Rnd 1, 2012, 12 - 14 may be new recruits, draftees, and experienced players.. Leaving 8-10 spots for the Giants who have been playing in the NEAFL, including Folau, Giles, Hampton, Shiel, Treloar, Clifton, Tunbridge, Bruce... I don't really know who will fill those 8 to 10 positions, as we'll need a good selection of defenders, forwards and midfielders and what positions are available is going to depend on the players we recruit and draft..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back