Palace03

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Crystal Palace, Victory
If anyone gets all three of these right you must of read the book i got them out of.

Why did Barry Cable wear number 44 instead of number 9 in the 1975 grand final?

Why did Essendon move from the East Melbourne Cricket Ground to Windy Hill at the end of 1921?

Which course of study was the most prevalentamoung players who played with University?

Originally posted by Palace03
If anyone gets all three of these right you must of read the book i got them out of.

Why did Barry Cable wear number 44 instead of number 9 in the 1975 grand final?

Why did Essendon move from the East Melbourne Cricket Ground to Windy Hill at the end of 1921?

Which course of study was the most prevalentamoung players who played with University?

The University players mainly studied Medicine.

I think Essendon moved to Windy Hill because it was in the Essendon area and the council spent a lot of money on the ground which enabled Essendon to take gate monet, etc.

As for Barry Cable, I don't know, but I would guess he left his jumper home and had to use a substitute. I checked the 1975 Grand Final Football Record, and he is listed as No.9

How did I do?

Good stuff Candy Man two outa three, you got the 1st and 3rd right, no quite there on the 3rd one.

No wonder I don't know the answer ... I don't have the book :)

I know Essendon were playing poorly up to the end of 1921, then when they went to Windy Hill they became successful .... but I still don't know why they shifted.

I knew all three.

Essendon moved venues because the ground was too close to the railway line.

Barry Cable had to wash his jumper the night before the '75 GF, but the next morning he forgot to take it off the clothes line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back