Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day the Premiers stand up and say Hotel Quarantine is a good system is another day closer to another lockdown.

We need a long-term solution to this problem and we needed it 6 months ago.

Twelve months on and we in Melbourne are basically in the same spot with regards to lock down, if that is not incompetence, nothing ever will be.

The states have basically run their own race through this, why even ask that clown if you can do it, especially when it sounds like a good plan.

Because the airports are federal, you need their support to get the people from airport to wherever in a controlled manner.

Remember scomo only wanted voluntary home detention initially, it was the states who pushed for hotel quarantine (because the ignore rates on voluntary home were so high - 33% didn't even go home directly).

Feds have always wanted a light touch arrangement, so the idea of shoving people in Toowoomba was always gunna be resisted (as they did initially when NT wanted to increase HS)

I just watched the Leigh Sales interview and really shouldn't have bothered. Has Victoria ever had a more evasive Premier?

He refuses to respond directly to difficult questions, speaks down to the journalist like the arrogant prick he is, throws up straw man arguments and shoots them down, and frequently hides behind "health advice" as his go to.

A link for those who haven't seen it:

Sales was in look-me-mode. She appeared on ABC drive later and was ducking and weaving about her questioning and subsequently nailed on the epidemiologist she quoted. Not a good day for the Sydney interloper. But that won't stop a biased report tonight. As @latingle isn't hosting I won't have to endure it.

fG0CJ9.md.jpg

Sales was in look-me-mode. She appeared on ABC drive later and was ducking and weaving about her questioning and subsequently nailed on the epidemiologist she quoted. Not a good day for the Sydney interloper. But that won't stop a biased report tonight. As @latingle isn't hosting I won't have to endure it.

fG0CJ9.md.jpg
You're not PRguy17 on twitter by any chance are you Chris?

Laura Tingle is exactly the sort of biased operator people decry the ABC for. A least Leigh gives it to all sides.

Because the airports are federal, you need their support to get the people from airport to wherever in a controlled manner.

Not at Avalon. The proposed facility will be within the airport boundary. Sounds like what they want to do in Toowoomba too. That takes one of the biggest risks straight out of the equation. They fly in and then stay there on site until their time is up.

Not at Avalon. The proposed facility will be within the airport boundary. Sounds like what they want to do in Toowoomba too. That takes one of the biggest risks straight out of the equation. They fly in and then stay there on site until their time is up.

and yet, the feds are saying no

Which is all federal land and needs mostly federal approval and the feds don't want to touch it. Prefer to leave this hot potato to the states. Because political expediency comes before public health and wellbeing always.

That would rely on Vaccinations actually being rolled out in Australia. 40,000 doses just arrived. That's about one dose for every announcement the Commonwealth has made about vaccines.
Nothing wrong with going through due process given that we weren't in an emergency situation and haven't had a death this year.

Not sure why we'd move from HQ to building hundreds of cabins that will likely end up an embarrassing white elephant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not PRguy17 on twitter by any chance are you Chris?

Laura Tingle is exactly the sort of biased operator people decry the ABC for. A least Leigh gives it to all sides.
No!

And Sales has taken the line of least resistance. Your boys have the ABC terrified. Constant attack. A Board full of Coalition lapdogs. A Chair too. Plus the placement of conservative journos in places of influence. Including a 25 year Murdoch influencer in charge Vic news. Sales is on $300 pa plus so she's decided to go with the tide. Interviews with Scummo, and Turnbull before him, have been fireside chats more than investigative questioning. Hard for you to see through your blue tinged glasses.

Honestly we should look to see if net epi can be expanded into other states. Not “create same process “ but just expand it so the data is available across state borders.

I'm not even sure if NSW are still using it today, but they certainly have something like it, and understood it's value more than a decade ago.

With regard to NetEpi, from what I could find it was created by Monash Uni back in 2005, and had been used by all states and territories over the past 16 years. From what I could find, NSW is the only place where they were actually wargaming pandemic scenarios with it, testing it's capabilities as far back as 2008 (https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/pandemic/Documents/HNEH-XFG.pdf) and understanding it's potential benefit. Over the years they continued to build on it and it's integration with their public health teams.

It looks like the Federal Government may be moving to a new option with a National database based on https://www.tenders.gov.au/Atm/ShowClosed/95d40b00-58e7-493f-b3ac-0d7b6bb60ee1?PreviewMode=False

Nothing wrong with going through due process given that we weren't in an emergency situation and haven't had a death this year.

Not sure why we'd move from HQ to building hundreds of cabins that will likely end up an embarrassing white elephant.

my concern is our history of running large scale camps like this isnt exactly glowing. having 10k-15k people locked in portable mining cabins for most of the day is a recipe for trouble.

fG0CJ9.md.jpg
She obliterated deceptive Dan, even the ABC is calling him out now as the arrogant failure he is. Only a matter of time until the ALP works out his replacement and he steps down to focus on his family and be remembered as the premier whose arrogance and incompetence killed more Australians than the Korean and Vietnam wars combined.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You must be the only person alive to consider HQ a success. One case leaking out is too many.

She obliterated deceptive Dan, even the ABC is calling him out now as the arrogant failure he is. Only a matter of time until the ALP works out his replacement and he steps down to focus on his family and be remembered as the premier whose arrogance and incompetence killed more Australians than the Korean and Vietnam wars combined.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Um! Nearly 650 died as a direct result of aged care negligence which is the responsibility of the feds. Read the Aged Care RC Report and inform yourself. Appalling with no pandemic plan. But, hey, much easier to just rinse and repeat.

You must be the only person alive to consider HQ a success. One case leaking out is too many.

I dont think hes saying HQ is awesome, more that Kamp Krusty isnt an improvement

Testing is pretty absolute. If you detect material above the minimum detection limit, it's a positive.

As previously reported, the detection limits for covid are very low (for obvious reasons). This means some results with very very low detection numbers are being caught in the net.

In most cases these are people who had covid, are over it, but are still shedding dead virus. This is caught because a PCR test looks for DNA, not live viruses.

These get reported because most is not all. It's a better safe than sorry approach.
The false negative has caused some issues (example of why threshold is set low)

She’s gone full blown Karen mode because it’s stuffed her personal plans up
What I don't get about Sales doing this whole schtick is that she's not even stuck here. Berejiklian may be crooked AF but (to her and NSW Health's full credit) the NSW borders remain open to anyone in Victoria, if eddiesmith actually wanted to leave Victoria he could and nobody in NSW would try to stop him.

You joke, but people on twitter (lets call them the Neds of Twitter) have been accusing her of being a Murdoch plant / former murdoch journo.

link to where i said anything on this presser, one way or the other?

and grow some balls and tag coward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back