Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark McGowan reckons the WA experience is his work, why, because it is his work.

Now Dan is trying to get Vics economy off the floor (thats his job), & he's back at church praying China lets their students come back.
Anyone answering the BRI hot line?

See Emirates have given flights to the east coast a miss, still going to Perth - Dan needs to look foe a lead from the McAttack over West. Should ask about running a surplus budget (that his job).

There's a point in here somewhere....

I'd love to see the health advice that said Victorians in Brisbane were too dangerous to come home, yet found it fine to import overseas citizens from covid hotspots.

A match of tennis is not worth a life.
Dickheadtator Dan is giddy on his power now.

Who in Victoria dares go interstate this year when you can be locked out with hours notice on a one in a million chance of infection - while foreigners from Covid hotspots are welcomed with open arms.

Dickheadtator Dan is giddy on his power now.

Who in Victoria dares go interstate this year when you can be locked out with hours notice on a one in a million chance of infection - while foreigners from Covid hotspots are welcomed with open arms.

Let’s not forget, I can travel freely between regional NSW and Victoria. A regional NSW resident within 150ks of the border can travel freely between NSW and Victoria. A Melbourne resident who travels 1km over the border, must get a permit and when that’s finally processed, go straight home, isolate and get a COVID test...

I'd love to see the health advice that said Victorians in Brisbane were too dangerous to come home, yet found it fine to import overseas citizens from covid hotspots.

A match of tennis is not worth a life.
Commercial considerations and international sporting events take precedence. We need every cent to keep this state alive.

There you go. I do wonder how much easier it has been for McGowan to do this without Murdoch media in the state. Not sure how The West has performed during the pandemic.
That's always been Andrews' problem not only has he had to fight Covid his effort has been constantly undermined by Murdoch and the Feds. The behaviour of Victorian Federal MPs has been nothing short of disgraceful, show me another state where Federal MPs have behaved like Frydenburg or Wilson, it's like they were barracking for the disease at times.

There you go. I do wonder how much easier it has been for McGowan to do this without Murdoch media in the state. Not sure how The West has performed during the pandemic.

I think you over rate the Murdoch effect.
My comments were replying to a post that suggested its all ScoMo's fault, not Dans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does an Australian Open without crowds really generate much in the way of revenue for the State?
I'm assuming sponsorship and tv rights are far more lucrative.

Advertising Melbourne as a city with some life used to be part of the appeal too. We've lost some shine in that respect.

That's always been Andrews' problem not only has he had to fight Covid his effort has been constantly undermined by Murdoch and the Feds. The behaviour of Victorian Federal MPs has been nothing short of disgraceful, show me another state where Federal MPs have behaved like Frydenburg or Wilson, it's like they were barracking for the disease at times.

What is disgraceful about the local member advocating on behalf of their constituents ? Any advance on nothing?

I agree politicising the dysfunction that was outlined by Ms Coate was not a good look, when Victorians were looking for answers from their local Health system to no avail.

There has been plenty of barracking going on over border closures, its the language of political discussion & commentary.

What is disgraceful about the local member advocating on behalf of their constituents ? Any advance on nothing?

I agree politicising the dysfunction that was outlined by Ms Coate was not a good look, when Victorians were looking for answers from their local Health system to no avail.

There has been plenty of barracking going on over border closures, its the language of political discussion & commentary.
My point was that McGowan had an easier run of this. Partly because internal polling told the federal Libs but if they kept this up they would be wiped out at the upcoming state election. But he also benefited from not having immediate megaphone at him all day, undermining public health messages.

My point was that McGowan had an easier run of this. Partly because internal polling told the federal Libs but if they kept this up they would be wiped out at the upcoming state election. But he also benefited from not having immediate megaphone at him all day, undermining public health messages.

Agree bar the megaphone/Murdoch, certainly the dominant talk back station was critical, & its ABC counterpart seem to be ineffective having lost its veteran Jon Faine.

The West have blown him, Especially with the Clive Palmer lawsuits (Funnily enough were happy to take 100k a day from Clive to let him print full page ads slamming the government at the same time, So its hardly a leftie rag which people have started accusing it ) It's either a weird gas sale went through which was in the interests of the papers owners, or hes sitting on close to 90% approval rating and is going to put the liberals in a casket come march so the paper which has been bleeding financially for the last 6 years wants to sell

probably both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back