Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would seriously recommend looking at better masks. Or go somewhere in your 25km where there are no other people. You can walk around the Dandenongs for hours and only see 2-3 other groups and out of courtesy, most groups stick their masks on when they get within about 50m of each other, pass and say hello, then take your mask off again.

Most in my area dont wear a mask or put it on when passing, including myself. No-one has complained that ive heard of and cops just drive past. They're not going to do anything about it, wouldnt be worth the time and paperwork.

I would seriously recommend looking at better masks. Or go somewhere in your 25km where there are no other people. You can walk around the Dandenongs for hours and only see 2-3 other groups and out of courtesy, most groups stick their masks on when they get within about 50m of each other, pass and say hello, then take your mask off again.

And everyone single one of them is breaking the law.

Jog on idiot.

My wife walks 10-15km every day. She won't go out because she finds wearing a mask uncomfortable. As do I.

Politely GAGF, you have no idea what other people go through.
Exactly, so its just an excuse, find better masks. They have been a staple of our lives for over 12 months now, plenty of time to find one or a specific type thats more comfortable.

Literally not been one outbreak or case of someone contracting the virus at a gym, but yeah it's a high risk place.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

That's not true. There's that "Statistic" floating around spread by gym owners, but if you look into it, they say "since Nov 2020" and I think is specific to Melbourne.

There were multiple transmissions at gyms last year. Avalon gym in NSW was a big one and happened in December 2020

And everyone single one of them is breaking the law.

It's also against the law to be more than 2m from your car if it's unlocked, or leave the windows on your car down more than 3cm if you're not in it.

Or to cross a solid white line on a road (even to overtake a cyclist).

Mate, honestly I don't need your advice. Thanks. I appreciate your point but until I see some hard scientific data my position will not change. Aside from the issues as hand, I simply do not believe in compliance based lawmaking. If there is no evidence that a law is needed then it simply should not exist.

My wife is really battling with this. I don't feel like it's reasonable to have to take a drive to the most deserted place I can find so that we can take a walk.

Jog on idiot.

My wife walks 10-15km every day. She won't go out because she finds wearing a mask uncomfortable. As do I.

Politely GAGF, you have no idea what other people go through.

if you get to disobey things because they make you feel "uncomfortable", thats a pretty low bar

This Just means the NZ authorities have to review their procedures.

There are these rules in Vic, they can't enforce them, people "break" them, and they're used as examples.

Who's to verify this scenario is legit or wasn't allowed to happen?

Have you considered that maybe the relevant authorities knew of this couple breaking the rules and let it happen, similar to how customs know of a drug mule but let them board a plane and then let the police of the destination the mule is going to of them?

let me spell this out - THEY MADE A FALSE CUSTOMS DECLARATION

NZ law requires them to note if they had been in victoria, and they lied and said no.

if you get to disobey things because they make you feel "uncomfortable", thats a pretty low bar

Come on Ned, you know very well the point I am making. My wife struggles with breathing through the mask, it makes her enjoyment of being outside diminish so she stays inside and it damages her mental health.

All for the sake of a law that is not backed by any scientific data whatsoever.

Explain to me again the bullshit reason for this law because it has absolutely nothing to do with stopping transmission and you know it. You even acknowledged this when you said that it was about compliance.

Any law that is made without the data to justify it is fascism.

Come on Ned, you know very well the point I am making. My wife struggles with breathing through the mask, it makes her enjoyment of being outside diminish so she stays inside and it damages her mental health.

Explain to me again the bullshit reason for this law because it has absolutely nothing to do with stopping transmission and you know it. You even acknowledged this when you said that it was about compliance.

FMD mate, just dont wear a mask - its not hard, no-one is going to arrest you or fine you. (and i dont believe that your missus, who is so keen on a 10-15km walk each day, hasnt been going for walks because of wearing a mask)

FMD mate, just dont wear a mask - its not hard, no-one is going to arrest you or fine you. (and i dont believe that your missus, who is so keen on a 10-15km walk each day, hasnt been going for walks because of wearing a mask)

That's okay, I don't need your validation. I know what my reality looks like. You don't believe me? I don't care.

Perhaps my wife doesn't want to risk a fine, doesn't want to be abused for taking her mask off, etc?

firstly you included yourself in this. if you are refusing to wear one because they are uncomfortable, thats weak.

secondly, you need to revisit the regulation. there are health exemptions for wearing a mask. get your wife to the gp and they can give her an exemption

finally i am loathe to do this, because we only see a fraction of what is going on IRL here, but the way you are describing things I would suggest your wife speak to a GP regardless. it sounds like the mask issue is just the focus of a bigger issue, and TBH her not wearing a mask wont change that. the social isolation and distancing will continue, and will continue for many months. If she's suffering from anxiety, its better for her to speak to a gp so they can help her get to the root cause. this isnt ragging on your wife btw, anxiety and depression from the covid lifestyle is effecting many people (combination of the ongoing stress of not knowing what comes next, isolation from support networks, and financial insecurity just for starters)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

firstly you included yourself in this. if you are refusing to wear one because they are uncomfortable, thats weak.

secondly, you need to revisit the regulation. there are health exemptions for wearing a mask. get your wife to the gp and they can give her an exemption

finally i am loathe to do this, because we only see a fraction of what is going on IRL here, but the way you are describing things I would suggest your wife speak to a GP regardless. it sounds like the mask issue is just the focus of a bigger issue, and TBH her not wearing a mask wont change that. the social isolation and distancing will continue, and will continue for many months. If she's suffering from anxiety, its better for her to speak to a gp so they can help her get to the root cause. this isnt ragging on your wife btw, anxiety and depression from the covid lifestyle is effecting many people (combination of the ongoing stress of not knowing what comes next, isolation from support networks, and financial insecurity just for starters)

Yes, I included myself...more for the fascist nature of the law. I find it uncomfortable too (I sweat a bit) but that in itself is not my protest.

Your last paragraph is exactly the point I am making. Why enact a law that has no scientific basis when you have a public that is already stressed and sacrificing more than enough? If the law provides no benefit then by extension it can only possibly do harm. Sutton and his mates have no idea what people's trigger points are. This law provides no benefit but is causing issues for some people. In my example, my missus is a generally happy-go-lucky well-rounded individual. She works long hours (at home at the moment) and uses outdoor time as her release. She'd never think of going to a GP for an exemption and she is not as cavalier as I am regarding breaking a needless rule. She masks up when she goes outside but will not go outside for personal wellbeing until masks are not mandatory.

Indoors or when not social distancing is an issue, you will get zero argument from me. Mask wearing is necessary.

Outdoors and when able to distance, any law enforcing mask wearing is the dictionary definition of fascism.

Is there a medical case for her not wearing it? Just covering all bases

No, might be the shape of her face but the cloth one she has and the disposables tend to cover her nose pretty tightly making breathing difficult. She's tried a few different types but can't quite find one that works well.

Yes, I included myself...more for the fascist nature of the law. I find it uncomfortable too (I sweat a bit) but that in itself is not my protest.

Your last paragraph is exactly the point I am making. Why enact a law that has no scientific basis when you have a public that is already stressed and sacrificing more than enough? If the law provides no benefit then by extension it can only possibly do harm. Sutton and his mates have no idea what people's trigger points are. This law provides no benefit but is causing issues for some people. In my example, my missus is a generally happy-go-lucky well-rounded individual. She works long hours (at home at the moment) and uses outdoor time as her release. She'd never think of going to a GP for an exemption and she is not as cavalier as I am regarding breaking a needless rule. She masks up when she goes outside but will not go outside for personal wellbeing until masks are not mandatory.

Indoors or when not social distancing is an issue, you will get zero argument from me. Mask wearing is necessary.

Outdoors and when able to distance, any law enforcing mask wearing is the dictionary definition of fascism.

The reality is mate the mask rule is there in order to discourage you from going outside, they just can’t say that out loud.

The very effect it is having on your wife is what they want, people going out and moving around less because of the psychological drain that wearing a mask places on them.

It’s eliminate Covid at (almost) all cost and be damned the unseen consequences. Just a completely heavy handed and myopic approach.

On you, you don't get to decide which laws apply to you. Does that mean I can drive drive if I think it's draconian and unfair?

On your wife, no. I'm guessing if your wife stopped wearing a mask she would still have the same anxiety. It's a symbol, not the cause. Don't be shocked if she's also triggered by people wearing masks or people avoiding her when she doesn't.

Get her to a gp and have a good chat with them.

It definitely is not the dictionary definition of fascism.

But obviously some people think the rule is draconian. But the rule "wear a mask outside only when you can't socially distance" is unenforceable. If two people are too close to each other without masks, maybe one is at fault and not the other.

The only way to have mask wearing enforced is to have the blanket rule and then for everyone to use common sense, like 90% of the people walking past my house who are carrying masks and not wearing them. But on the main street in town, everyone is wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back