Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 3AW weren't so biased, I'm sure he would go on. Have you heard the "interviews" Morrison and Gladys do on 2GB, 3AW's sister company in Sydney? It's basically the hosts tellling them how good they are and Morrison and Gladys saying thank you, then they attack the opposition or Victorian Govt together.

It's like wondering why Morrison doesn't turn up to ALP conferences and try to persuade them to change sides.
Excluding Tom Elliot, name one obvious right leaning main presenter on the fairfax/nine owned and operated 3aw or 2gb.

Mitchell definitely isn't, he's the biggest do-gooder fence sitter on Australian radio, and 2gb sacked all their right based presenters last year. (And that's reflected in the large drop in ratings)

He was taking the piss out of the carry on a few pages ago.
Oh, I see, thanks.

Even allowing for the fact that I "manually ignore" Ed's posts, I still struggle to keep up with this discussion, so I must have missed it.

While I'm not pro-Labor, I'm staunchly anti-conservative in my posts, so I was afraid I was missing out on some of the financial action. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excluding Tom Elliot, name one obvious right leaning main presenter on the fairfax/nine owned and operated 3aw or 2gb.

Mitchell definitely isn't, he's the biggest do-gooder fence sitter on Australian radio, and 2gb sacked all their right based presenters last year. (And that's reflected in the large drop in ratings)
I do wonder with your bizarre posts which planet you are from.

Hadley is as bigger raving ratbag rightist as there is on the airwaves. Fordham, while not as flowery as Jones or as narcissistic, panders to the right-wing dingbats in the same way as Jones did. Wilson is as right-wing as his late sister and McLaren continues rightist dingbattery overnight.

The reason AW doesn't go further right is that extreme rightist dingbattery has repeatedly failed in Melbourne. The Poison Dwarf (Price) attempted it with such luminaries as Newman and Bolt and it sunk like the titanic. Mitchell is a rightist as his opinion pieces both on the electronic media and print media show. But he understands the Melbourne audience and knows his ratings would suffer if he went "Hadley"

Hadley is as bigger raving ratbag rightist as there is on the airwaves. Fordham, while not as flowery as Jones or as narcissistic, panders to the right-wing dingbats in the same way as Jones did. Wilson is as right-wing as his late sister and McLaren continues rightist dingbattery overnight.

The reason AW doesn't go further right is that extreme rightist dingbattery has repeatedly failed in Melbourne. The Poison Dwarf (Price) attempted it with such luminaries as Newman and Bolt and it sunk like the titanic. Mitchell is a rightist as his opinion pieces both on the electronic media and print media show. But he understands the Melbourne audience and knows his ratings would suffer if he went "Hadley"
I know who's on a different planet, Hadley is a fence sitter slightly to the left as is Fordham. Deb knight definitely in the middle.
Mitchell right... lol. That's amusing, and price/Jones both right were sacked. Tom Elliot is the only openly right based commentator

The left leaning fairfax/9msn have restructured, especially in Sydney

Do you not think it is bizarre that the Premier simply refuses to come on the No.1 radio station in Melbourne?

Since Kennett ALL premiers, bar Andrews, have taken advantage of the weekly get together with Mitchell to discuss state issues. Sure those sessions have been testy at times, but I'd say the premiers have benefited immensely, and from what I've heard Mitchell has been measured and fair. I recall Kennett threatening to walk out once!

The real reason why Andrews won't come on is because he wouldn't have his minders to filter questions and tell him what to say. His whole political persona is heavily scripted and managed by PR people, and someone like Mitchell would not allow that sort of heavily vetted interview.

Many would say Andrews simply doesn't need 3AW, but a time will come when he could do with the exposure

I know who's on a different planet, Hadley is a fence sitter slightly to the left as is Fordham. Deb knight definitely in the middle.
Mitchell right... lol. That's amusing, and price/Jones both right were sacked. Tom Elliot is the only openly right based commentator

The left leaning fairfax/9msn have restructured, especially in Sydney
That's hilarious, I really needed a laugh. :)

Do you not think it is bizarre that the Premier simply refuses to come on the No.1 radio station in Melbourne?

Since Kennett ALL premiers, bar Andrews, have taken advantage of the weekly get together with Mitchell to discuss state issues. Sure those sessions have been testy at times, but I'd say the premiers have benefited immensely, and from what I've heard Mitchell has been measured and fair. I recall Kennett threatening to walk out once!

The real reason why Andrews won't come on is because he wouldn't have his minders to filter questions and tell him what to say. His whole political persona is heavily scripted and managed by PR people, and someone like Mitchell would not allow that sort of heavily vetted interview.

Many would say Andrews simply doesn't need 3AW, but a time will come when he could do with the exposure

If I was a politician, I would be skipping radio. Who listens to radio anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back