Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vic Health are shocking, overworked or bad systems in place.

True dinks.
Family member covid positive, Eastern suburban.

His wife sms last night, her and kids are negative.
This morning Phone call from a medical officer telling her she is positive.Nothing on the kids.
She blows a gasket.Asks for definative results for all.

No return phone call, but sms late today.You are a close contact and need to isolate and get tested.

What a fragmented chaotic system.
They're just swamped dude, the system worked okay when they were getting 20 cases a day but now they're getting 20 time that amount they're really just struggling to call everybody. Took 7 days for me to be notified as a Tier 1 last week, can't really begrudge them when there's thousands of tier 1 exposures to deal with every day.

This shows why there was really only two ways of dealing with covid unfortunately; lockdowns or let it rip. Once cases get to this level, none of the controls work and you're left to ride the lightning.

The staggering thing for me is he answered that golf was unsafe when asked with a straight face, they really have lost the ******* plot
It is not safe now apparently, yet it will be safe in a week or 2.

Saying it is not safe was dumb, if they don't want to release that restriction because other activities will then want to get out restrictions then just say it.

They're just swamped dude, the system worked okay when they were getting 20 cases a day but now they're getting 20 time that amount they're really just struggling to call everybody. Took 7 days for me to be notified as a Tier 1 last week, can't really begrudge them when there's thousands of tier 1 exposures to deal with every day.

This shows why there was really only two ways of dealing with covid unfortunately; lockdowns or let it rip. Once cases get to this level, none of the controls work and you're left to ride the lightning.
understaffed, and poor systems.

True but clubs should be able to police that pretty easily as they would have their addresses on file. Could just threaten suspension or expulsion from the club if they are caught doing the wrong thing
Unfortunately limits/vaccine passports will be putting people in positions where they have to police things and they are not trained police/security. I genuinely feel for some that are going to be put in these positions. Imagine being a young inexperienced person telling a group of young brash unvaccinated people they cannot enter a business. Things will get nasty and its very unfair to someone just trying to do a job.

It’s done. Just hope Victoria has a plan in place to take care of hopsitals moving forward.

you keep wanting this plan to cope with exponential admissions. look at the rest of the world, you can only tool up so much.

if we get hit, all we can do is wear it until the vaccine numbers kick in. thats it

Just on golf...a lot of our courses are members only and members do not necessarily live close by. As soon as they are opened members will travel further than the 10kms (or limits) to got on their course. This will cause issues for the clubs if it gets policed. Members are paying a bomb to be locked out and not all courses are reimbursing for what is missed. Having said that I am hanging to play my local public once again.

Surely members only clubs could work together, and find a way to allow members to play at the closest local course to them until they can travel the distance, if members whinge on that, then they really don't want to play golf that bad.

Unfortunately limits/vaccine passports will be putting people in positions where they have to police things and they are not trained police/security. I genuinely feel for some that are going to be put in these positions. Imagine being a young inexperienced person telling a group of young brash unvaccinated people they cannot enter a business. Things will get nasty and its very unfair to someone just trying to do a job.

Most courses in last lock down when we had limited No's allowed to play only allowed online bookings as a way to control No's, they could easily police who can and can't play.

Surely members only clubs could work together, and find a way to allow members to play at the closest local course to them until they can travel the distance, if members whinge on that, then they really don't want to play golf that bad.

the issue is where they are. public courses tend to dominate a few key councils, so there was the fear (of those locations - not others) that they would get swamped

then you have the private courses, and its the 19th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the issue is where they are. public courses tend to dominate a few key councils, so there was the fear (of those locations - not others) that they would get swamped

then you have the private courses, and its the 19th

Close the 19th, golf in and out was the theme when i last played when we had limited No's on course, we were only allowed to play in groups of two, and you had to pre pay if you wanted to play, i played at Derrimut last time we came out and the rules were restricted, they had staff patrolling the car parks asking people to leave so golf didn't get shut down, at Melton when we were only had two per group, the course had a staff member driving the course checking this, the young blokes in front tried to join up, they were told split up or leave the course, not 1 golfer argued with them, and it was pretty similar at other courses i played in at the time, we all had to sign in manually as well. Golf courses was one of the few places i saw who followed all the rules, golfers did not want to lose the chance to play.

I heard that on one of our public courses people were rocking up and playing anyway. They were entering from a quiet area out the back of the course. Greenkeepers were not kicking them off. Cops got them and a number were fined. Course got a fine too apparently.

Different to what i experienced , courses were strict, you will always get bad eggs though.

If we can manage to keep it under or around 1000 during October, reckon that’ll keep us in good stead? Sorry I know that’s a loaded question.

who knows, they are still talking 1000 by end of month last i saw

Close the 19th, golf in and out was the theme when i last played when we had limited No's on course, we were only allowed to play in groups of two, and you had to pre pay if you wanted to play, i played at Derrimut last time we came out and the rules were restricted, they had staff patrolling the car parks asking people to leave so golf didn't get shut down, at Melton when we were only had two per group, the course had a staff member driving the course checking this, the young blokes in front tried to join up, they were told split up or leave the course, not 1 golfer argued with them, and it was pretty similar at other courses i played in at the time, we all had to sign in manually as well. Golf courses was one of the few places i saw who followed all the rules, golfers did not want to lose the chance to play.

its not the 19th at derrimut thats the issue. its at the private clubs where entitlement is in the water

We don't need the info now (we did some time ago). Contact tracing is virtually finished. They are trying to plug holes in a dyke that has collapsed.

Now we need to stick some c*nts in jail.
Just want to touch on something, my brother and his family have to isolate for 14 days now, 2 days after the daycare their kids go to had a positive covid case, finally the government got in contact with the daycare, so any adult and child who was at the daycare must isolate, including any close contact, but interestingly, they were told if the others in the house, her husband and 2 other kids have another home they can go stay at they don't have to self isolate and can go about there daily lives....

I'm starting to think our whole process for this s**t is completely busted, it's actually quite embarrassing to think it's taken them 2 days to get in contact with a tier1 covid site, and close contacts don't have to self isolate if they have somewhere else to stay, is it any wonder the numbers are ballooning?

We've been sold a lemon and told it's sweet chocolate cake.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Time for Andrews to release the ‘health advice’ which says Ballarat doesn’t need a curfew yet Melbourne does.
nothing to do in Ballarat after 6 anyway

Unless I missed it, another poor explanation job today.

So a social gathering between two people (the five is for fully vaccinated people) in a park sitting and eating is not unsafe.

But if those two people were playing golf, it would be unsafe and was described as such today by the Premier.

What am I missing? Was there an explanation as to why a meal in a park was safe but a round of golf was unsafe? Happy to receive any information or clarification I have missed.

No, eating and drinking at the picnic is also unsafe, so it's a picnic without eating or drinking anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back