Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ballsy to risk a 5k fine for protesting. What happens if they don't pay?

Court as per any other fine.

Has everyone forgotten how many parking fines are ignored and have to be escalated.

It's a slow process, but most eventually get ****ed

Has everyone forgotten how many parking fines are ignored and have to be escalated.

It's a slow process, but most eventually get f’ed
Seeing a sherif lock on a car always gives me a chuckle

That’s pretty much how it could turn out when the 80% who are vaccinated get “privileges”, and the unclean - oops I mean the unvaccinated - are shunned. A new caste system.

Not sure of the basis for this. The RFDS have been vaccinating in remote communities since it became available. At first there was quite a bit of hesitancy but now they are coming forward in good numbers. (Saw an interview with the RFDS director.) Indigenous people also have choice.

Read up on the western NSW rollout. There is a reason the health Dept is shitting themselves and rushing vaccine into the breakout regions.

Logistics are a problem, but so to is the method for delivery (similar to the issues of the gp.rollout). This was always going to be a tough part of the program because of the logistics, but more should have been done with existing health teams who already support these communities

For those who are concerned about mental health and the long term impacts of covid.

heads up, they werent complying for the past 18 months, or have you forgotten LD2 already

it took draconian restrictions to end that wave, and it appears thats whats needed again

as a society we have shown over the past 2 years we dont give a sh*t about each other
We should get the CCP to run Australia. That'll fix compliance.

About 30 years ago I decided that I wasn't going to pay a parking fine, big mistake, it kept on growing with each missed payment date. I eventually rang the clerk of courts and negotiated it down a bit and paid it, lesson learned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should get the CCP to run Australia. That'll fix compliance.

It would, but at a massive price.

It's why I don't get people almost wanting this to happen by ignoring lower restrictions. Martial law isn't something to chase after

I am not talking about you.

I am talking about these so called rights loving flogs who go missing when serious inroads are made into our liberty. They have drunk the American cool aid that freedom can only be discussed in terms of "freedom to" (positive liberty) rather than "freedom from"" (negative liberty). .

I would point them in the directions of Isaiah Berlin's seminal lecture in 1969 "Two concepts of liberty" it would help them to understand the interplay of liberty between individuals in a free society. I don't blame them for sucking back the "there is no such thing as society only individuals and families" our governments have been spewing this sh*t for 30 years. Its a ******* lie: https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/liberty-positive-negative/
The positive v negative liberty distinction nails it so perfectly. The ideology itself has been completely co-opted and warped.

It would, but at a massive price.

It's why I don't get people almost wanting this to happen by ignoring lower restrictions. Martial law isn't something to chase after
I see people calling for more draconian restrictions and greater punishments for non-compliance. Some in this thread were wanting to see protesters shot.

This isn't the Australia I know and love.

Jeez this messaging is borderline unhinged. Add this together with mentioning yesterday that "you'll give it to anybody you are close to" is just inciting fear instead of a solution. He seriously has the opportunity to lead us out of a crisis and instead it's just patronising lectures and mixed messages.
Yep they're relentlessly patronising and condescending.

But the biggest problem with them now is that the only people who would be listening to them now are those fully in support of the government's methods and don't need the advice. There are those who have mentally tuned out as one lockdown has followed another while the most reckless section of the population prob weren't even tuning in early last year.

Andrews' daily proclamations may have had some value last year but have zero now; if anything they may be counter-productive.

heads up, they werent complying for the past 18 months, or have you forgotten LD2 already

it took draconian restrictions to end that wave, and it appears thats whats needed again

as a society we have shown over the past 2 years we dont give a sh*t about each other
Spot on. This has always been the case, a part of the human psyche.

iit also absolutely includes you (And the people who share your view about this).

I see people calling for more draconian restrictions and greater punishments for non-compliance. Some in this thread were wanting to see protesters shot.

This isn't the Australia I know and love.

Neither is saying a daughter having her preferred fish n chips is worth more than. A grandmother's life

then they ask Pakula about grand final - still haven't admitted that afl grand final is moving

Mind-boggling the government is still unwilling to admit the GF won't be at the MCG. There is zero chance of it occurring. Just makes all their dire warnings about what the future could hold look like scare-mongering.

Spot on. This has always been the case, a part of the human psyche.

iit also absolutely includes you (And the people who share your view about this).

And you can imagine how many *s I give when an alt account sooks about me :p

It's a slow process, but most eventually get f’ed
Wrong. If a matter relates to a summary offence and court proceedings do not commence within 12 months (for most offences), it falls beyond the statute of limitations.

If a council claims I parked in a no standing zone three years ago there's fck all they can do about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back