Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That snippet from post 17841 is from the article I just sent ya :)

Here’s a couple articles re the fines:

I have since read that he already has the votes in the Upper House.

In all honesty after this latest lockdown, protests, anti vaxxers and even worse the vaccine shoppers (hanging out for Moderna) etc I am over it.

I have since read that he already has the votes in the Upper House.

In all honesty after this latest lockdown, protests, anti vaxxers and even worse the vaccine shoppers (hanging out for Moderna) etc I am over it.

Haha yeah badly over it. Just wanna see some light at the end of the tunnel with minimal hurdles.

News site link?

I actually don't know how other states differ without searching but for me it is pretty easy, vote them out if enough aren't happy.

Besides I would rather wait to see what happens with the vote, has to have majority in both houses.

Which only requires Patten or Meddick, maybe neither if the liberal Democrats are still banned? Greens already saying it’s the greatest thing ever and Meddick will roll over as always, a job for his son is usually enough.

The amount of jerks that would come into my open plan office and cough all day was ridiculous, safe to say those days are behind us for sometime.
But hey I will miss the epic b*tch sessions "hey can you believe that she came in today whilst that sick? I mean what a nerve, I swear I'm going to jam that box of tissues down her throat" etc.

the question will be if ‘she’ insists on working from home, and whether the employer deems that acceptable. The kicker might be demonstrating this os unacceptable when ‘she’ has apparently been doing the role effectively for perhaps 18 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you see that as a bad thing?
It's unaustralian!

Our electoral system has always worked on the honours system, you turn up, you get your name checked off, you vote! They're not even allowed to ask for proof.

There is no suggestion that there is any wide spread voter fraud (or really any voter fraud at all) and seeing as it is mandatory to attend a polling booth anyway it makes no sense to try to discourage turnout like they do in the US.

The unvaccinated will be able to shop. We're all gonna die!

Why do you think we'll all die if the vaccinated are allowed to shop?

Do you see that as a bad thing?

It's pointless. We have compulsory voting, an independent AEC etc. Have never heard of voter fraud being an issue in Australia.

It's Morrison virtue signalling to the Trumpy base. Wouldn't be surprised if he claims election was stolen if (when) he loses.

Ill try find the link, sorry was a screenshot article from Twitter.
Do other states have the power to give $90,000 fines for breaching public health? Genuine question. And Where do you draw the line for it? No mask? Leaving your house when in quarantine? Starting protests?
Imagine writing out a fine for 90k and trying to keep a straight face knowing how bullshit it is. Almost half a million for business that break the new laws. What is this absolute madness, when will it stop?

Imagine writing out a fine for 90k and trying to keep a straight face knowing how bullshit it is. Almost half a million for business that break the new laws. What is this absolute madness, when will it stop?
You think that would actually happen? 2 years or 90k would be the maximum reserved for the most egregious breaches of public heath orders. No one would ever face that for minor breaches.

It's unaustralian!

Our electoral system has always worked on the honours system, you turn up you get you name checked off you vote, they're not even allowed to ask for proof.

There is no suggestion that there is any wide spread voter fraud and seeing as it is mandatory to attend a polling booth anyway it makes no sense to try to discourage turnout like they do in the US.
I thought you guys were of the view that the public can't be trusted.

Scummo bad, so policy bad. Yes?

With all the shite that pollies have used on us over the last 2 years, I see no reason to complain about being asked to show my license when voting.

I can see someone getting a 90k fine for being an unvaxxed idiot, crossing state borders illegally etc. but no one is ever paying a fine that large.

It's pointless. We have compulsory voting, an independent AEC etc. Have never heard of voter fraud being an issue in Australia.

It's Morrison virtue signalling to the Trumpy base. Wouldn't be surprised if he claims election was stolen if (when) he loses.
If you can be asked to show your license to enter a pub, why shouldn't you be asked when voting?

If you can be asked to show your license to enter a pub, why shouldn't you be asked when voting?

Pubs aren't compulsory, there's no independent commission overseeing pub entry. They don't ask everyone to show ID at pubs.

I'd suggest this relates to the increase in early/mail in voting. He's trying to make that harder for some reason.

Probably scared.

I thought you guys were of the view that the public can't be trusted.

No the view I have is that everyone must participate in the electoral system as a duty to our society. You must show up and put the ballot in the appropriate box. Whether you fill it out or not is up to you. There should be as few barriers to prevent you from doing this as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back