Hurley vs Henderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go with Hurley, think he will be something special.

Henderson will be Carlton's CHF for the next 8 to 10 years, I'm happy with that.

Take into account the trade we got him with and I'm thrilled.

But Yarran will be better than both :D

Hurley by a fair bit, but that's not a knock on Henderson. They're both very different players.

Henderson doesn't kick it OOtF that often, but when he does, it's spectacular. :D

Happy with Yarran and a slightly inferior version of Hurley in Watson (who going by his preseason games looks very promising indeed).

A kid that hasn't played a game of AFL football is a slightly inferior version of Hurley? :rolleyes:

Maybe when he starts smashing elite forwards in his first season or shopws that he can win a game off his own boot, we can call him a slightly inferior version of Hurley.

But Yarran will be better than both :D

If Yarren had 1 Tenth of a heart, Yarren playing in the backline, lets see how many times he will cut the ball off in front of Hurley.
watching Yarren hearing Hurleys footsteps will make for some serious comedy on TV. If he has the balls to go within 10m of Hurley

back on topic
Henderson seriously, he is struggling to keep ahead of Gumby, Gumby and Hendo can be used in the same breath.
Not even on the same page as Hurley.

I cannot believe this question even needs to be asked...

Only one person on the planet would genuinely believe that Henderson is superior to Hurley and they go by the name of parrot. And you're a liar if you think otherwise. lol :)

Henderson will always provide a laugh once a game where he slices one off the boot and it lands out of bounds about 10m away.

Hurley looks better so far, and I think he'll be more dominant compared to Hendo in the future.

Silly poll...Hurley is a good chance to be a great of the game, henderson has a long way to go to even be considered a reliable KPF.

Either way both players are going to be the best KPP's in the game over the next 5-10 years barring injury.
Lachie Hansen might have something to say about that. Same sort of player and age as the other two.

On topic though, Hurley gets my vote. He seems to possess the Carey-like quality of being able to pull a game apart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael Hurley vs Lockie Henderson?

Who do you rate out of these two future superstars of the competition?

Henderson is 6 months older and has been more consistent so far in his career.

Either way both players are going to be the best KPP's in the game over the next 5-10 years barring injury.

Call me biased, but IMO Grant's going to be better than both of them.

Hurley by a long way. No other player in the competition has demonstrated the ability to kick goals off their wrong foot, 50m+, off a few steps, at the age he is. Talent wise, he is head and shoulders above every young KP out there.

[youtube]0F2rl2uLkVA[/youtube]

2:30 in this vid.

If you want to see what he can do on his right have a look at 8:05 where he kicks a goal 55m outside the boundary line or 0:40 where he kicks a goal from the centre square with an opponent manning the goalsquare.

From what they've shown to date you'd have to go Hurley by a fair way. Although I feel Henderson has a lot more improvement coming in the next year or 2 so that gap might close up pretty quick.

[youtube]0F2rl2uLkVA[/youtube]

2:30 in this vid.

If you want to see what he can do on his right have a look at 8:05 where he kicks a goal 55m outside the boundary line or 0:40 where he kicks a goal from the centre square with an opponent manning the goalsquare.
Nice goal but was within the 50m arc. bl :p

A kid that hasn't played a game of AFL football is a slightly inferior version of Hurley? :rolleyes:

Maybe when he starts smashing elite forwards in his first season or shopws that he can win a game off his own boot, we can call him a slightly inferior version of Hurley.

Obviously not in terms of performance at AFL level (thanks Ben) but in terms of way he plays. Can't see Watson having anywhere near the same impact up forward as Hurley but judging by his NAB Cup games he'll be able to have an impact in defence very early in his career. Smart reader of the play with arguably the best kick in his draft.

As a defensive prospect, Watson impressed me very much yesterday. Outmuscled his opponents (Ottens included) on a couple occasions, incredibly composed for an 18 year old and his thumping kick is a huge asset coming off half back. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him in the team against Richmond.
Quoted for truth twin:thumbsu:

Hurt me to say it. :eek:

On topic though, Hurley gets my vote. He seems to possess the Carey-like quality of being able to pull a game apart.

Like Carey, he also seems to posses the right amount of on-field arrogance and **** factor.

I also like the way he hits the packs. Hopefully the umps will pick up on the fact that he constantly gets held when he plays forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back