Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, no.

The same PC impulse that creates the need to send ******* troops out before every sporting event so people can stand around and sing their song also triggered this teacher and school to get a kid arrested for being un PC.
It’s not political correctness.

The politically correct thing to do would be let the kid not recite the pledge. This is what the 1st Amendment protects.

It was politically incorrect to force him to recite it.

How are you defining political correctness?
How are you? You seem to define it as political speech norms the subject doesn’t like.

However, Americans valorise their Bill of Rights. The kid’s right to abstain from the pledge is upheld by the Supreme Court. That this enforcement of politically incorrect norms made the news should tell you something. Even the teacher’s school is walking away from her reaction to the kid’s objection.

(Unsurprisingly, she is a Cuban immigrant)

How are you? You seem to define it as political speech norms the subject doesn’t like.

However, Americans valorise their Bill of Rights. The kid’s right to abstain from the pledge is upheld by the Supreme Court. That this enforcement of politically incorrect norms made the news should tell you something. Even the teacher’s school is walking away from her reaction to the kid’s objection.

(Unsurprisingly, she is a Cuban immigrant)
I think of it as political speech and acts enforced through social coercion. But judging from this thread, it's defined as whatever the poster wants it to be.

I can post all night about how nationalism is enforced through social coercion. The fact they were reciting a pledge of allegiance, when 99.9% of kids will do it uncritically, is an example of political correctness being imposed on people.

I think of it as political speech and acts enforced through social coercion. But judging from this thread, it's defined as whatever the poster wants it to be.

I can post all night about how nationalism is enforced through social coercion. The fact they were reciting a pledge of allegiance, when 99.9% of kids will do it uncritically, is an example of political correctness being imposed on people.
The teacher got sacked, so who is coercing whom:

But Alvarez was not aware that the school does not require students to recite the pledge, the Ledger reported. Kennedy added that officials will look at improving training for substitute teachers and that Alvarez no longer works in the district.​

The teacher got sacked, so who is coercing who:

But Alvarez was not aware that the school does not require students to recite the pledge, the Ledger reported. Kennedy added that officials will look at improving training for substitute teachers and that Alvarez no longer works in the district.​
The political culture that expects kids to participate in nationalistic virtue signalling.

All I can see is she no longer works in the district. Which could mean fired, not renewed, finished a contract, chose to move on. She didn't know the school couldn't compel the kids to say it.

The political culture that expects kids to participate in nationalistic virtue signalling.

Cuban diaspora culture?

All I can see is she no longer works in the district. Which could mean fired, not renewed, finished a contract, chose to move on. She didn't know the school couldn't compel the kids to say it.
I think there’s a heavy implication that the teacher lost her job. There’s probably a Breitbart article being written right now about how political correctness ruined a teacher’s career.

So it was the teacher who was ultimately sanctioned? Bit of a backfire there KV.

Both sides of politics have their versions of political correctness, but it is infinitely more common to have it enforced by the left. There is a new case every other day about a prominent person being sacked or punished for offending snowflakes. Specifically, leftist snowflakes.

For every outrage over a Colin Kaepernick, there are 100 outrages over a Sonia Kruger, Eddie McGuire, Kerryanne Kennerly, and a thousand more over Donald Trump. The left's twitter outrage squads are far more powerful than the rights.

The left hold the monopoly on outrage.

The kid was arrested.
Unrelated to the pledge of allegiance. He made threats, refused to leave the room, resisted arrest. It should be his parents that are arrested for child abuse, for brainwashing him into being a no-hoper naughty shit. 11 year olds should not be trained to be political activists.

Unrelated to the pledge of allegiance. He made threats, refused to leave the room, resisted arrest. It should be his parents that are arrested for child abuse, for brainwashing him into being a no-hoper naughty shit. 11 year olds should not be trained to be political activists.
So a system that promotes patriotism is the status quo, but a child who doesn't want to participate in this PC is the problem?

And enough on the outrage stuff. The previous discussion was conservative posters complaining about a civil discussion amongst the instagram knitting community.

Ive never had to type that sentence before.

So a system that promotes patriotism is the status quo, but a child who doesn't want to participate in this PC is the problem?

And enough on the outrage stuff. The previous discussion was conservative posters complaining about a civil discussion amongst the instagram knitting community.

Ive never had to type that sentence before.
Again, it's not about patriotism, but about the behavior that followed. I don't agree with police being called on a child. But I wasn't there either, perhaps there really was no other way to solve the situation.

How many people have been dragged through the courts for offending the right? Bolt and Count Dankula say hi. How many have been banned from entire countries for the same? Mcciness and Southern say hi. How many have been deplatformed for offending the right? Milo and Jones say hi.

Unfortunately it's your peeps who hold the monopoly on both outrage and censorship.

Again, it's not about patriotism, but about the behavior that followed. I don't agree with police being called on a child. But I wasn't there either, perhaps there really was no other way to solve the situation.

How many people have been dragged through the courts for offending the right? Bolt and Count Dankula say hi. How many have been banned from entire countries for the same? Mcciness and Southern say hi. How many have been deplatformed for offending the right? Milo and Jones say hi.

Unfortunately it's your peeps who hold the monopoly on both outrage and censorship.

You've just entered a discussion based around a non-issue amongst the instagram knitting community. There is still the Gillette thread steaming along. We get minute by minute updates on who is pissed off about Clemtine Ford's most recent utterance. Anti PC is built almost entirely on guttural outrage.

Bolt had to give an apology. He still has a national TV and column. Milo was abandoned by his own people. McInnes maybe shouldn't have led a street gang.

Like I said. The kid being arrested (and the reaction to this is very different to the Covington kids who were being dickheads) is a very small drop in a very big bucket of the impact nationalistic PC has had on humanity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the Main Board where the free kick count is supposed to be even or something?

In any case Jo Cox would like to say hi but she was de-platformed in a far more vicious way than any of those self defined martyrs.

You've just entered a discussion based around a non-issue amongst the instagram knitting community. There is still the Gillette thread steaming along. We get minute by minute updates on who is pissed off about Clemtine Ford's most recent utterance. Anti PC is built almost entirely on guttural outrage.

Bolt had to give an apology. He still has a national TV and column. Milo was abandoned by his own people. McInnes maybe shouldn't have led a street gang.

Like I said. The kid being arrested (and the reaction to this is very different to the Covington kids who were being dickheads) is a very small drop in a very big bucket of the impact nationalistic PC has had on humanity.
This is but one thread on bf. The "outrage" in here is merely a discussion of the outrage of others. When it comes to actual censorship with state involvement, it becomes clear who values free speech and who opposes it.

You can pull some individual examples of RW outrage, but the people losing their jobs or getting arrested over their views are 90% righties and you know this, m8. Southern banned from the entire UK, because a 50kg girl in her early 20s was so threatening? Just lol.

This is but one thread on bf. The "outrage" in here is merely a discussion of the outrage of others. When it comes to actual censorship with state involvement, it becomes clear who values free speech and who opposes it.

You can pull some individual examples of RW outrage, but the people losing their jobs or getting arrested over their views are 90% righties and you know this, m8. Southern banned from the entire UK, because a 50kg girl in her early 20s was so threatening? Just lol.
No.

Your conception of censorship extends as far as the youtube channels, tabloid columns, social media pages and websites that they holler 'censorship' from. It's a branding exercise, right down to the pre-prepared publicity shots of them with tape over their mouths.

No.

Your conception of censorship extends as far as the youtube channels, tabloid columns, social media pages and websites that they holler 'censorship' from. It's a branding exercise, right down to the pre-prepared publicity shots of them with tape over their mouths.
Err, as many people point out, try saying something out of turn in the current politically correct setting in your workplace.

Err, as many people point out, try saying something out of turn in the current politically correct setting in your workplace.

I tend to agree.

If the only response to criticising thought policing is "HTFU", then you should basically ignore it.

Last edited:
Yes.

But for a more concrete example, Qantas issued an edict to their staff last year to use gender appropriate language. Eg avoid using terms like “mum” and “dad”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...d/news-story/068e9769c30a180b182ab8020a2d0e50

Qantas employs around 26,000 people.

geezuz effing christ.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I suppose it's only a matter of time before I have my workers trained to stop calling bulls bulls and cows cows.
Not sure how we'll have to address steers and speyed heifers.

Yes.

But for a more concrete example, Qantas issued an edict to their staff last year to use gender appropriate language. Eg avoid using terms like “mum” and “dad”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...d/news-story/068e9769c30a180b182ab8020a2d0e50

Qantas employs around 26,000 people.

Suggestions they should adjust their language?

What about how workers refrain from reporting safety issues, wage issues, harassment, unfair working hours? My example of PC has actual harmful results for people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back