Hypothetical: Next Collingwood coach? (Think this is disrespectful? OK, OK, we get it)

Is this thread out of line?

• This is embarrassing, we should all be supporting Buckley.

• Buckley won't be coach forever, let's have an adult conversation about his replacement

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That last point is really important for mine simply because there is such a finite pool of AFL talented players that you are going to need to deal with different personalities; you won't have the luxury to pick and choose.
This

I'd go for the absolute opposite of Bucks - a people person and a strong defensive mindset.

Hunt should be on this week. Nick Maxwell intrigues me and I'd definately try get him back to the club but I'd prefer a non Collingwood man.

Here is a novel idea. How about we give it to the best candidate we can find & not to a favourite son?

on that note the decision to appoint Bucks has been unmitigated failure and those responsible need to be held to account.

if eddie cant pull the trigger he should go as well. yes I know he just got reappointed but this is his baby.
he outsmarted himself appointing bucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd go for the absolute opposite of Bucks - a people person and a strong defensive mindset.

Hunt should be on this week. Nick Maxwell intrigues me and I'd definately try get him back to the club but I'd prefer a non Collingwood man.
Please God, not another nepotistic, sycophantic appointment of a former Collingwood player with no coaching experience.

This man , Sam Mitchell , will hold up the Premiership cup as coach of an AFL team most likely in 2021 or 2022 at the earliest

If we don't get him he will be the Hawks coach celebrating another flag as their coach , when it could be us instead.

We need someone from the most successful club of the past decade if we ever want to lift the cup in the near future

images

Here is a novel idea. How about we give it to the best candidate we can find & not to a favourite son?
I whole heartedly agree. We've literally had like 3 coaches in 20 years, I hope our next one is someone who has experienced a different system at a different club and can try implement that here. I almost wish Nathan Buckley did an apprenticeship elsewhere before coming back.

Bomber Thompson is the best available candidate with a track record.

Dew would be the next best option.

Roos did nothing with Melbourne, one of the most overated coaches of all time.

Back