I Am Legend

Remove this Banner Ad

The movie contained nothing that hasn't been done before numerous times. It was bearable, but not anything special.

From what I've heard about the book it seems like there was huge potential to make the movie interesting and become a lot more than a tame zombie flick, but they ignored all of it.

6/10

i saw this about a week ago now.
still dont have a stong opinion on it.
i definitely would agree it was waaaaay over rated
i was expecting more i think.
there a few movies out, or recently in years that sort of reminded me of this.
in parts.

id only rate it about a 5/10

Another point; on their drive to the free home base, where did the girl and boy re-fuel their car. Surely most petrol stations would have been locked up, or would not work to their full capacity.

If you noticed the car she was driving had about a million gerry cans on the roof.

Well, I saw the movie & I really enjoyed it:)
It was a little bit sad (but I didn't cry), the dog was so cute.....
It was really different.... I liked it.

But obviously it wasn't to everyone's taste.
I thought Happy Feet was worse! :D

**contains spoilers**

Ok I saw the film last night and have read on here about people who have read the book and are comparing the two, especially the ending. In the book was the ending anywhere near as religious? I found the whole thing very annoying as it is becoming fashionable again in Hollywood to push the "American" faith in their blockbuster movies. I found it really f*rcked with the theme of the film (re: human caused extinction and the return of an urban area to that of a wild environment) by chucking God and faith at us as the cure. It was far too obvious and cringeworthy especially right at the end when the woman finds the village and what is the prominent building near the enterance?.........a church.

Rating:
First hour - 7/10
Last 1/2 hour - 3.5/10

spot on!

Agree with the people that think it was a bit short. I was suprised it ran only 100 minutes (or whatever it was) and thought it could have gone for another 20 minutes or half an hour to really explore some parts of the film such as the growing inteligence of the 'mutants.'

Probably never seen a movie change so shitfully halfway through.

CGI was nonsense and the laughably blatent God rubbish towards the end just had me quitely chuckling to myself. Crap, crap ending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw it tonight at Gold Class

BTW, how expensive is Gold Class? Whacked it on the Company Credit Card, but I'd be lucky to get change from $150 for 2 with an "adequate" meal thrown in, but I digress.

The whole Mutants setting a trap thing had me unreclining the seat, I thought wow, this is about to get interesting.

But it didn't

2 people including a whimpering kid rescue Will from 20-30 mutants, in their own car, just wandered (teleported) from Baltimore.

Earlier we see a family of Lions in NY?, what? the virus melted the cages at the zoo? and having watched the mutants roll over cars, those lions don't stand a chance.

They presumably freely drive on and off the island? Maybe one bridge/tunnel wasn't blown???? though somehow I don't think so.

and then to make things worse they obviously had the same test audience that ruined Contact, though at least that was partly saved by the "static went for 29 minutes" line.

Style over substance.

i honestly hort it was reli good and am going to see it again, altho first time w as free thats why. I do agree though that it could have gone quite a bit longer and still been very interesting. Would have liked to have explored the mutants more as they got hungier (where one of them exposed themselves to daylight) and seen will and the two others try and get back to the camp. Still good but ended too early for mine

Watched it the other night. It was s**t.

Only entertaining part was the relationship between man and dog.

And when it got to the butterfly part at the end, I literally thought I was watching another M. Night Shyamalan "twist for the sake of a twist" monstrosity.

Worst zombies ever... if you want a good example of super zombies that are actually scary, 28 Days Later is the benchmark.

Oh and you can't just throw a woman and child into the movie with 10 minutes to go and expect us to care for their characters. They developed the character of the dog far more effectively and it was the only character that you cared about.

When I saw the previews i thought it was going to be a great movie....a bit dissapointed when i saw it. I give it 5.5/10

Also did anyone notice when we first saw him go to sleep he was in the bath then after he woke up he was in bed

CGI zombies destroyed the scary mood.

Give me 28 Days/Weeks later or Dawn of the Dead (2004) zombies any day.

Real people/Real animations is much more scarier.

Computer generated imagery.

In other words, super fake looking computer generated special effects.

Compare a movie like aliens from the pre cgi 80's, that used real special effects, like explosions, puppetry and models... to much of todays fake looking crap

CGI has made use of special effects almost too easy for directors these days. So they use them where they don't have to, or even worse, as a substitute for plot...like in Van Helsing:thumbsdown:

CGI explosions are my pet hate in movies. Just do a real one, it looks so much better

When I saw the previews i thought it was going to be a great movie....a bit dissapointed when i saw it. I give it 5.5/10

Also did anyone notice when we first saw him go to sleep he was in the bath then after he woke up he was in bed

I might be wrong because I saw it a while ago, but did he actually go to sleep in the bath?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back