Unofficial Preview I think the Crows can still make the 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

4 wins minimum

Yep agree but can not see us beating North Melb or Richmond away.

It would be fantastic if we could win that away North Melb game. We are a young team and we this group hasn't really beaten a good team away from home yet. Winning ether the North Melb or Richmond game would go along in helping our development and making finals.

If we win our home games (st kilda, Freo and swans) and 1 or 2 of those away games, we will make the finals. If not, we may struggle or just me 8th spot.

Yep agree but can not see us beating North Melb or Richmond away.

It would be fantastic if we could win that away North Melb game. We are a young team and we this group hasn't really beaten a good team away from home yet. Winning ether the North Melb or Richmond game would go along in helping our development and making finals.

If we win our home games (st kilda, Freo and swans) and 1 or 2 of those away games, we will make the finals. If not, we may struggle or just me 8th spot.

Id back us for both. Neither are that fantastic. Hopefully the GWS game put us into form. We are a 5 goal better team then both of them when playing well

Id back us for both. Neither are that fantastic. Hopefully the GWS game put us into form. We are a 5 goal better team then both of them when playing well

North Melbourne are a good side and gave us a massive touch up last year and Richmond are also a good side. That travel factor worries me.

At home, I'd say we win and win by 4 or 5 goals but that travel factor is still an unknown to many if our players and they don't have that confidence to pay well every week against good sides. Playing GWS away us one thing, playing a revamped north Melb at the dome or MCG is another.

North are better than many think. Have had an incredibly tough start to the year.

Have had as many losses as us, but theirs have been to Collingwood/Sydney/Hawthorn/Geelong (this years top 4 in my opinion) with two of those losses by less than a goal.

The Saints are certainly not easybeats but they're not a finals quality side and, as I said, if we are serious about finals, we should be able to beat them at home. I didn't expect them to win tonight but the Blues were decimated and were still nearly overrun. I'm confident about this week.

North are better than many think. Have had an incredibly tough start to the year.

Have had as many losses as us, but theirs have been to Collingwood/Sydney/Hawthorn/Geelong (this years top 4 in my opinion) with two of those losses by less than a goal.

The only thing that worries me about the Roos is who plays on Lindsay Thomas. I Vote Rory Laird

Our best form last year was the string of three games where we beat Sydney away, Geelong at home and Carlton away. We were irresistible. If we can replicate that patch we'll steamroll our wsy up the ladder.

How can we bottle that form? Anyone remember how we structured up in those games? Hendo forward or back? Two rucks or one? Dougie midfield or half forward?

Our best form last year was the string of three games where we beat Sydney away, Geelong at home and Carlton away. We were irresistible. If we can replicate that patch we'll steamroll our wsy up the ladder.

How can we bottle that form? Anyone remember how we structured up in those games? Hendo forward or back? Two rucks or one? Dougie midfield or half forward?

Callinan is clearly the missing piece......!

North Melbourne are a good side and gave us a massive touch up last year and Richmond are also a good side. That travel factor worries me.

At home, I'd say we win and win by 4 or 5 goals but that travel factor is still an unknown to many if our players and they don't have that confidence to pay well every week against good sides. Playing GWS away us one thing, playing a revamped north Melb at the dome or MCG is another.

I agree, both North and Richmond away will be tough games and will be games that we wont be expected to win.

To me the important games are the St Kilda, Freo and Swans games. If we three of those and lose the Richmond and North games we'll still be sitting in a good spot to be in the hunt for the top 8 in September.

I'd say we're a better chance of beating Richmond than North...

I'd say people looking past St Kilda this week need to ease up. We are in no position to pencil in any wins just yet.

Correct.

You would think that Collingwood will take up Ports spot towards the top of the ladder.

Leaving the top 6 pretty much locked in:

Cats
Hawks
Essendon
Sydney
Collingwood
Freo

Then it gets really interesting.

Its pretty much a competition between Port/Richmond/Adelaide/West Coast/North/Carlton for the final two spots.

If I was a betting man I would put money on North and West Coast to fill those 2 spots.
Not sure what WC you have seen this year, but Port are a greater chance to play finals than they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McEvoy in good form. I actually reckon the Saints have the perfect ruck set up / succession plan. McEvoy who is in his prime and one of the better ruckmen in the competition, with Hickey as his understudy who is a young, talented and tall ruckman who will be an A Grader. Perfect. Cost them a bit but they won't have to worry about a ruckman for 10 years.
Hickey a potential A grader? He seems extremely average to me, so uncoordinated and makes some shocking decisions. Can't believe the Saints paid so much for him.

I'd say we're a better chance of beating Richmond than North...

I'd say people looking past St Kilda this week need to ease up. We are in no position to pencil in any wins just yet.
This is like some posters getting nervous before the GWS game last week, it's ridiculous. We'll beat the Saints comfortably, which is why we are all looking beyond that.

Both are very winnable games, travel factor a non issue, selecting the right side, winning the midfield and taking the game on is crucial to winning away

Both games are a 50/50 proposition

Not sure what WC you have seen this year, but Port are a greater chance to play finals than they are.
C'mon.

West Coast have had a heap of injuries and are just starting to gear up.

Port's bubble has burst and it's going to get hard for them.

West Coast will definitely finish above them

Hickey a potential A grader? He seems extremely average to me, so uncoordinated and makes some shocking decisions. Can't believe the Saints paid so much for him.
He looked pretty good in pre-season, haven't seen much of him during the real stuff this year. McEvoy is 23 turning 24 and Hickey just turned 22, so I wouldn't really be calling it a succession plan or anything like that though.

Disagree.... WCE are building. Nic Nat makes them a much much better side and the advantage they have over Port/North/Richmond is that they have a very significant home field advantage.

For those who show interest in the seeing the betting odds.

There are no markets for Hawthorn/Geelong to make the 8. Essendon at 1.10. Sydney at 1.12. Freo & Collingwood at 1.20. Then Carlton/West Coast/Richmond are all at 1.60. Followed by us at 2.50 and North at 2.75. Port are coming in at 3.75.

For me I think Carltons odds are too short... whilst the 2.75 for North is very appealing (although I will wait till they hopefully lose to WCE and us) and then get on them.

Also - we are paying $19.00 to make the top 4.

He looked pretty good in pre-season, haven't seen much of him during the real stuff this year. McEvoy is 23 turning 24 and Hickey just turned 22, so I wouldn't really be calling it a succession plan or anything like that though.
Geez, I thought McEvoy was 26 or so. What a gun!

Most ruckmen don't hit their straps til 25 or so, he's been gunning it for a couple of years.

You're right - it's twice as good as a succession plan. They'll have this pair in their prime for 8 years plus.

This is like some posters getting nervous before the GWS game last week, it's ridiculous. We'll beat the Saints comfortably, which is why we are all looking beyond that.
I wouldnt throw GWS and St Kilda in the same boat. If there were supporters nervous about our ability to beat GWS then I'm not sure what to say there...

Yes we should beat the Saints comfortably, be we haven't done it yet. I'm supremely confident we will. But footy is footy, and anything can happen.

A good showing against the Hawks and a demolition job of the worst side in the comp doesnt exactly make us Geelong was the point I was trying to make.

You'll be ecstatic about this Carl - Douglas didn't play in any of those games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back